What's new

EV Mehran...

Fish

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

A million rupees to convert a rackety old Mehran into a crappy EV that will go like 75 KM / 45 Miles on a single charge.

Pass.

Still, the idea is intriguing, especially if you've a million rupees burning a hole in your pocket. Should be a great around-town car for people living in car-centric 'burbs like Bahria Town, etc.

But still, I'd much rather putter around on a 70.

Jugaad. Well whatever works it can do well in city rides and he's getting a mind boggling 80Wh/Km milage. The petrol prices are through the roof. I bought an EV 2 months back, already travelled 3000 Km on it and it costs me like 8k PKR for this. And the car costs around PKR 5.5m

A million rupees to convert a rackety old Mehran into a crappy EV that will go like 75 KM / 45 Miles on a single charge.

Pass.

Still, the idea is intriguing, especially if you've a million rupees burning a hole in your pocket. Should be a great around-town car for people living in car-centric 'burbs like Bahria Town, etc.

But still, I'd much rather putter around on a 70.
should have tied a khoti to it more mile under dangling carrot.

Jugaad. Well whatever works it can do well in city rides and he's getting a mind boggling 80Wh/Km milage. The petrol prices are through the roof. I bought an EV 2 months back, already travelled 3000 Km on it and it costs me like 8k PKR for this. And the car costs around PKR 5.5m
What EV did you buy?

This abomination of a vehicle is as deadly as the Indian Mig21.

The problem here is that most of our power is generated by imported furnace oil anyway so it's not like embracing EVs will help shrink our trade deficit or perhaps put a dent in our carbon footprint.

This is impressive, I hope uncle peaks interest of some big wigs in the private sector so he can monetise it. EV is the future.

What EV did you buy?
It is a Tata Nexon EV, 30KWh battery gives me around 250Km range on a single charge.
IMG_20230424_131012.jpg

The problem here is that most of our power is generated by imported furnace oil anyway so it's not like embracing EVs will help shrink our trade deficit or perhaps put a dent in our carbon footprint.
Yeah, TBH I didn't buy the car for reducing carbon footprint or such stuff. I'm sure most didn't buy it because of that, I bought one because I am paying a crazy amount for petrol. The govt provides some PKR-2.5Lakh rebate in road tax, bank interest rate is 0.5% lower than gas vehicles and I get around PKR 4Lakh in Income tax rebate on interest paid for the loan. That's the only reason I switched.

Last edited:
collision tested.

This vehicle is responsible for thousands of deaths each year in Pakistan. If some wild lunatic took over Pakistan, he/she/it would force the Japanese in the country to travel in this death trap.

This vehicle is responsible for thousands of deaths each year in Pakistan. If some wild lunatic took over Pakistan, he/she/it would force the Japanese in the country to travel in this death trap.
it's our ppl who accept all kinds of shitty things and pain. its a shitty car if nation was intelligent they would avoid buying it, boycott it, until they start to make quality cars.

it's our ppl who accept all kinds of shitty things and pain. its a shitty car if nation was intelligent they would avoid buying it, boycott it, until they start to make quality cars.

They do make quality cars. It's just they go the extra mile to make these worse for countries like Pakistan because governments there don't enforce laws.

They do make quality cars. It's just they go the extra mile to make these worse for countries like Pakistan because governments there don't enforce laws.
i mean in pakistan they dont make quality cars, but the price for the car they want is ridiculous i can buy decent used sports car in UK for the price. pak government their hands in everything for bribes.

i mean in pakistan they dont make quality cars, but the price for the car they want is ridiculous i can buy decent used sports car in UK for the price. pak government their hands in everything for bribes.

Its a mafia thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom