What's new

EU's Mogherini: U.S. says will fully implement Iran nuclear deal

Russell

Reaction score
EU's Mogherini: U.S. says will fully implement Iran nuclear deal

r

European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini briefs the media during a European Union foreign ministers meeting in Brussels, Belgium February 6, 2017. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir

By Lesley Wroughton | WASHINGTON

The European Union's foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, said on Friday she was reassured during meetings with President Donald Trump's administration that the United States was committed to full implementation of the Iran nuclear deal.

Mogherini said her main intention in coming to Washington was to discuss the accord, negotiated by Iran, the United States and other world powers in 2015, which granted Iran sanctions relief in return for curbs on its nuclear program.

Mogherini said it was important that the deal remains an international agreement. Her visit suggests concern from other countries, including Russia and China, that the Trump administration could withdraw from the deal.

"I was reassured by what I heard in the meetings on the intention to stick to the full implementation of the agreement," Mogherini told reporters a day after talks at the White House and State Department.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-eu-idUSKBN15P1XM
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As expected with this being an international agreement with multiple partners - President Bannon and PM Netanyahu can bloviate/pontificate all they want...but, for the immediate future, the treaty will stay intact.

Hopefully by "Full Implementation", they mean sticking to their side of the bargain and honoring their commitments not harassing Iran with self made interpretation of the deal like to issue of ballistic missiles.

However, I have a feeling we will be dealing with what I mentioned above.

Hopefully by "Full Implementation", they mean sticking to their side of the bargain and honoring their commitments not harassing Iran with self made interpretation of the deal like to issue of ballistic missiles.

However, I have a feeling we will be dealing with what I mentioned above.

After UNSC 2231 ends, they'll say our missiles our "destabilising the region" in New York, then they'll fly to Tel Aviv and sell them some more F-35s. But that's only a rest stop for Riyadh while they'll sell them some more F-15s or even F-35s.

After UNSC 2231 ends, they'll say our missiles our "destabilising the region" in New York, then they'll fly to Tel Aviv and sell them some more F-35s. But that's only a rest stop for Riyadh while they'll sell them some more F-15s or even F-35s.
correction: give away F-35 to Tel Aviv and oversell F-35 to Riyadh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom