European woman held in Oman for desecrating Quran

Al Bhatti

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
July 14, 2013

European woman held in Oman for desecrating Quran

Residents reported her while she was tearing pages near a mosque in Sohar

A European woman was arrested on Sunday in Sohar for desecrating the Quran, according to sources at the Royal Oman Police (ROP).

The accused tore pages from the holy book, the sources said. “She then rubbed these torn pages on her feet,” a witness said.

A resident near Al Hamadah Mosque in Sohar, about 231km north of Muscat, saw her desecrating the Quran. “The resident alerted police and officers from the Sohar police station who went to the spot and arrested the accused,” a source at the ROP confirmed.

The woman is detained pending further investigations.

A source said that this was the first time an expatriate had indulged in such a despicable act and to make it worse her act had come during Ramadan.

Neither her identity nor her nationality was made public.

European woman held in Oman for desecrating Quran | GulfNews.com

----------------

bEJrXvp.jpeg

DeCTUNJ.jpeg

625217480.jpg

I have got unconfirmed information that she is a french national and is mentally not well. The pictures also show that she is not fit mentally.

But we will have to wait for the investigations to complete.

Should be deported straight away for such acts. Let France pay for her treatment and deal with her.

Mentally ill...then what to do?

Deportation back to her native France so she can receive treatment there and be dealt with. There is no reason why Oman should pay for her treatment as a non-national.

The question should rather be how she got into Oman, whether she is really mentally ill or under influence of drugs/alcohol or something else.

Anyway I think that we can all agree that she need treatment of some kind depending on her diagnosis.

Ir respective of whether she is mentally ill or not, this is how it should be handled; by the government authorities. Whereas in Pakistan a mob will probably burn a whole neighborhood without knowing any facts, but again everyone knows how competent the government authorities are in Pakistan.

Oh I am feared that they could execute her for this act. Mature move by Oman:tup:

If she is mentally ill our religion does not allow execution. Our religion is not as strict as some people make it look like. I am sure even if she did this in KSA and she is proven mentally not fit she would not be executed.

Came here because I saw 'European woman ....' but then it is unexpected
Such a shame.
She must be drunk or high, you know, typical French :cuckoo:

Ir respective of whether she is mentally ill or not, this is how it should be handled; by the government authorities. Whereas in Pakistan a mob will probably burn a whole neighborhood without knowing any facts, but again everyone knows how competent the government authorities are in Pakistan.

Oman seems to be handling this case in a good manner even though it's a strict Islamic country.

If she is mentally ill our religion does not allow execution. Our religion is not as strict as some people make it look like. I am sure even if she did this in KSA and she is proven mentally not fit she would not be executed.

Street mob justice is not present in any of the GCC countries. Punishment for such a thing would be harsh and nobody dares to do that. Hence why the criminality is so low in general. To see a scene of street justice as sometimes seen in Africa, Pakistan or India in Muscat, Dubai, Riyadh, Makkah, Jeddah, Madinah, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, Doha etc. would be unthinkable.

Of course she would not be executed in KSA let alone probably punished if proven to be mentally ill. She would probably just be deported back to her native France something I believe that the Omani government will do too. Rightly so.

Back
Top Bottom