What's new

Eurofighters for India?-Germany Will 'Contribute to an Arms Race,' Charges Opposition

Japan has the best ASW capabilities hands down besides the USN in Asia. India is not even close.

I left out the JMSDF because they can't use their assets offensively.

And that doesn't affect my overall point, which was comparing the Indian Navy's capabilities with the PN.

I left out the JMSDF because they can't use their assets offensively.

And that doesn't affect my overall point, which was comparing the Indian Navy's capabilities with the PN.

If that was your point then state it clearly.

PN is a small force but that should not lead to complacency. SSKs are still one of the most dangerous weapons against even the most advanced navies.

A couple of fighters with ASMs are also very deadly.

somebody should also reming the opposition of the capital the germany will make because of this deal..

PN is a small force but that should not lead to complacency. SSKs are still one of the most dangerous weapons against even the most advanced navies.

Indeed, the submarine arm of the PN poses by far the greatest threat to the IN. This is why the Indian Navy has invested heavily in enhancing ASW capabilities, including shore- (P-8Is and Il-38s), ship- (Talwar and Brahmaputra class frigates), and carrier-based (Ka-28s) assets. It will be interesting to see how the PN's tiny but vicious subsurface fleet fares against this 3D ASW structure.

A couple of fighters with ASMs are also very deadly.

Absolutely. Which is why India operates aircraft carriers.

The main role of Sea Harriers and MiG-29Ks is to keep enemy aircraft away from Indian warships.

Pakistan doesn't want an arms race with India neither can it afford to have an arms race with India, our armed forces were built with the purpose of defence of the nation, as long as that is done there is no need to try to counter anyone else. PAF will become a formidable by 2015 for most nations bar US, Russia and China.

Why would we spend billions in trying to match India???

me thinks it's just their way of saying 'buy our jet'! :D

What the hell is SSBN, SSN and SSK doing in in Eurofighter thread ??//

Pakistan doesn't want an arms race with India neither can it afford to have an arms race with India, our armed forces were built with the purpose of defence of the nation, as long as that is done there is no need to try to counter anyone else.
We have the same opinion here in India. China and Pakistan has there own development programs for their armed forces. We have ours. This what our leadership has said many times. Although development plan is always there keeping in mind of a specific development, for India its Chinese forces. For Pakistan it is Indian forces.

Its fine we also know we cannot match China in any way. There defense expenditure is as per there GDP and ours is as per our GDP. We just have to be smart in our defense expenditure.

I ownder where the oppostition is getting its funds? There was barely any oppostition when pakistan was trying to obtain subs, right?

We should make sure whether Germans really wanted to give us the eurofighter so as to make sure that no problem arises in case of any change in government during the period of induction....

I ownder where the oppostition is getting its funds? There was barely any oppostition when pakistan was trying to obtain subs, right?

The sub deal with pakistan wasnt going to happend anyways both government and opposition are against it. They get their funds by the state based on their number of votes. Also keep in mind that 1-2bln € export contract streched over many years is tiny compared to the annual exports of over 1 trillion euros, ~1500bln USD.

How can India race China in a serious arms race?

In terms of population India and China are of the same in size and are growing at a faster rate, although China is slightly faster….. It is harder for China to grow at the same pace when its economy exhausts efficiency and has to move upper the value chain…. This gives India the opportunity to catch up with China; moreover, with India’s median age of the demographics 10 years younger than China, the catch up is going to happen sooner than later....and defence budgets are proportion to GDPs

Back
Top Bottom