What's new

Eritrea soon on board for the alliance against houthi's

Belew_Kelew

Reaction score
Country
Eritrea
By Mohamed Tawakel

ADDIS ABABA

As Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies continue their air campaign against Yemen’s Shiite militant Houthi group, there are indications that Eritrea may play a role within the anti-Houthi offensive in the future.

Since late March, warplanes from Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries have been pounding Houthi positions across Yemen.

Riyadh says the offensive is in response to appeals by embattled Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi for intervention against the Houthis.

But in recent days, signs began to surface that Asmara might play a role in the Saudi-led offensive, following an exchange of visits by officials from Eritrea and countries participating in the anti-Houthi campaign.

On April 28, Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki visited Saudi Arabia for talks with King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Deputy Crown Prince and Defense Minister Mohamed bin Salman on the situation inYemen and security in the Red Sea.

Two days earlier, high-level delegations from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates – both members of the anti-Houthi coalition – visited Eritrea and toured a number of islands and ports close to Yemen, according to Eritrean sources.

Earlier this week, Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry – whose country is also a member of the anti-Houthi campaign – paid a rare visit to Eritrea and held talks with Eritrean officials.

According to a statement by Egypt’s Foreign Ministry, Shoukry’s talks in Eritrea focused on African developments, particularly the situation in Yemen, and security in the Red Sea.

Geopolitics

Eritrea has an extensive coastline along the Red Sea, making it a possible launching spot for any ground offensive in Yemen.

Eritrean ports are close to Yemen’s coast. The port of Assab is only 60km away from the Yemeni coast, while the port of Massawa is 380km away from al-Hudayda port in western Yemen.

“Al-Hudayda port acquires a special importance and whoever controls it will be able to prevent any ground movement by the Houthis from the north as well as any Iranian naval moves,” retired Yemeni general Mohsen Khasrof told Anadolu Agency.

Eritrea’s terrain is quite similar to Yemen’s rugged landscape. This would make the Horn of Africa country of great importance to the Saudi-led coalition in terms of training and troops’ landing in Yemen.

Eritrea also has a trained army of 200,000 troops and naval forces, making it of prime importance for the Saudi-led coalition, particularly in light of Pakistan’s reluctance to take part in the anti-Houthi offensive.

Military experience

Eritrea fought a short war with Yemen over the disputed island of Greater Hanish in 1995.

Although Eritrean forces overran the disputed island in just three days, arbitration has given the island back to Yemen.

In 1998, Eritrea fought a three-year war with neighboring Ethiopia over a border triangle, a conflict that left thousands of people on both sides dead.

Eritrea also engaged in two border conflicts with neighboring Djibouti in recent years.

Soldier from the EDF.
Badme2.jpg

The desert Division.

de8d9f1eca90be318cb359ef7c0d-large.jpg

Soldiers from the EDF with extensive experience in mountain and terrain warfare below:

54310.jpg

54307.jpg

pia-saud9.jpg

Last edited:

For it's size Eritrea has a very strong army. I rate it very highly among African armies. Chad has great soldiers too.

We should cooperate with Ethiopia too although that might anger Eritrea and vice versa.

In general the GCC should cooperate much more with the Horn of Africa. Amble potential and historical ties.

@ebray @Saho @Aegis DDG

Last edited:
Ok well done KSA... one of the largest purchaser of weapons ... I hope you also get into alliance with such other powerful countries like Gaza and bosnia for taking on houthis :)... well done... the alliance against your powerful enemy is increasing day by day.... Masha Allah

Ok well done KSA... one of the largest purchaser of weapons ... I hope you also get into alliance with such other powerful countries like Gaza and bosnia for taking on houthis :)... well done... the alliance against your powerful enemy is increasing day by day.... Masha Allah

What's your problem troll? As many allies as possible never hurts besides you obviously have no clue about Eritrea's military.

Lastly what are you doing in KSA? Go spit in another bowl that feeds you.

Oh, don't worry about your beloved Houthi's and their caves. Approximately 2000 of them have been eliminated and many more are to follow.

@azzo @Full Moon @JUBA @BLACKEAGLE

Time for some deportations. Track his IP down.

P.S: Gaza is not a country troll.:lol:

@Falcon29

Last edited:

well let see who the houthi got on their sides:

Hizbillah: Cuurently getting their behind whooped in the qalamon region.
Saleh: The cry baby who begged not long ago to the coalition he would abandon the houthi for his safe passage outside yemen.
Iran: The sissy zorgos shemales who has a history of winning battles and losing wars.
Assad: Currently packing his wife and kids luggage as they are leaving to britian.
Shia Minorities In the Gulf and pakistan: Bark hard then cry and yell "Ya Ali Madad" when they get the smash.

King salman the custodian of the two holy site got:

1.7 Billion Sunni.

What's your problem troll? As many allies as possible never hurts besides you obviously have no clue about Eritrea's military

First of all there is a difference in having allies for political purposes and for military purposes. You should have allies as many as possible at the diplomatic front to legitimize your actions at the international level. But as far as having allies at the military front is concerned, it should be

> Alliance should have been made initially before the start of a war
> Secondly, the level of KSA efforts to get forces form the region has left an impression that its own forces are not capable to handle this situation on your own. For a stronger KSA against a more powerful Iran, it should have not been the case. You should have not either started it otherwise you should have banged the houthis with a hammer so that Iran and its proxies get the message.
> This lackluster performance has left Iran further emboldened despite KSA having superior quality of weapons. A thing which is undesirable.
> As far as eriterias capability is concerned, I dont give a damn. It should be your capability on your own which should cause fear to Iran, which should cause fear to Israel (if you want Israel to be scared). In international politics you have allies today, tomorrow they might be bought by someone would more money or more influence, KSA must be self sufficient in its defence.
> Pakistan has been facing far more difficult situation yet it has never called for an allaince with anyone for its defence. The Taliban are inside our country unlike houthis still we are fighting alone. Because we have self confifence. I sincerely wish KSA has similar level of confidence on its own armed forces.

Lastly what are you doing in KSA? Go spit in another bowl that feeds you.

Brother, I think you should first learn to respect the opinions of others and convince them logically by giving sound reasons instead of this "either you are with me or against me attitude". This attitude led USA to two wars in the last decade in which they lost trillions of dollars. I sincerely hope that KSA, the birthplace of Islam, doesnt follow suit. Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes friends might not like what you are doing and dissuade you from doing it? This is because true friends can see the bigger picture and disagree with you in the hope that you will not commit the same mistake that has already been done. Learn from Pakistan, we considered Afghanistan our strategic depth and wanted to influence Afghanistan internally but now where we are... Brother please learn to agree to disagree without becoming enemies.

Oh, don't worry about your beloved Houthi's and their caves. Approximately 2000 of them have been eliminated and many more are to follow.

Brother, I hope that those 2000 are not innocent human beings. Anyways the ones who have ordered their killing will be held accountable on the day of Judgement if the deaths were of innocent human beings.

Time for some deportations. Track his IP down.

Brother, as you wish

P.S: Gaza is not a country troll.:lol:

I know but i wish it someday becomes by KSA liberation forces :)

First of all there is a difference in having allies for political purposes and for military purposes. You should have allies as many as possible at the diplomatic front to legitimize your actions at the international level. But as far as having allies at the military front is concerned, it should be

> Alliance should have been made initially before the start of a war
> Secondly, the level of KSA efforts to get forces form the region has left an impression that its own forces are not capable to handle this situation on your own. For a stronger KSA against a more powerful Iran, it should have not been the case. You should have not either started it otherwise you should have banged the houthis with a hammer so that Iran and its proxies get the message.
> This lackluster performance has left Iran further emboldened despite KSA having superior quality of weapons. A thing which is undesirable.
> As far as eriterias capability is concerned, I dont give a damn. It should be your capability on your own which should cause fear to Iran, which should cause fear to Israel (if you want Israel to be scared). In international politics you have allies today, tomorrow they might be bought by someone would more money or more influence, KSA must be self sufficient in its defence.
> Pakistan has been facing far more difficult situation yet it has never called for an allaince with anyone for its defence. The Taliban are inside our country unlike houthis still we are fighting alone. Because we have self confifence. I sincerely wish KSA has similar level of confidence on its own armed forces.

Brother, I think you should first learn to respect the opinions of others and convince them logically by giving sound reasons instead of this "either you are with me or against me attitude". This attitude led USA to two wars in the last decade in which they lost trillions of dollars. I sincerely hope that KSA, the birthplace of Islam, doesnt follow suit. Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes friends might not like what you are doing and dissuade you from doing it? This is because true friends can see the bigger picture and disagree with you in the hope that you will not commit the same mistake that has already been done. Learn from Pakistan, we considered Afghanistan our strategic depth and wanted to influence Afghanistan internally but now where we are... Brother please learn to agree to disagree without becoming enemies.

Brother, I hope that those 2000 are not innocent human beings. Anyways the ones who have ordered their killing will be held accountable on the day of Judgement if the deaths were of innocent human beings.

Brother, as you wish

I know but i wish it someday becomes by KSA liberation forces :)

I appreciate your good tone and sensible post. I thought that you were one of those anti-KSA and anti-Arab trolls here or a troll ridiculing Eritrea for no reason who have not hurt Pakistan.

I am against killing of civilians and I am not happy when our Yemeni brothers and sisters die due to air bombardments but this is the sad reality of war. The Houthi's are to blame.

Unfortunately I have little time on my hands currently so will reply later.

well let see who the houthi got on their sides:

Hizbillah: Cuurently getting their behind whooped in the qalamon region.
Saleh: The cry baby who begged not long ago to the coalition he would abandon the houthi for his safe passage outside yemen.
Iran: The sissy zorgos shemales who has a history of winning battles and losing wars.
Assad: Currently packing his wife and kids luggage as they are leaving to britian.
Shia Minorities In the Gulf and pakistan: Bark hard then cry and yell "Ya Ali Madad" when they get the smash.

King salman the custodian of the two holy site got:

1.7 Billion Sunni.

:tup:

Please report any senseless trolling and educate people about Eritrea and its military which you are capable of doing.

The KSA army Arab alliance is turning into Qatar's "national" football team.

Yes, and you are turning into a bigger Arab-obsessed and inferiority ridden Farsi than you were before.:lol: One would think that this was impossible but I guess that you Farsis are always good for a few surprises.

What has a conflict between KSA and Houthi's (Northern Yemeni's) ANYTHING remotely to do with Iran, again? Nobody asked for any heroin, pistachios or carpets. Trust me I was kind when I mentioned those 3 things. Could have been much worse.

Now run along.

Just wait and see, we will crush you again like we did in the 6th century AD when last you were in yemen.
No Persian zorgos Bunnies allowed In the Erythrean Sea. This is No Arab Gulf Mr Khomenin Jr, we will Rwanda you and your houthi slaves for fun soon. stay tuned.

I have to idea what you are talking about. Did Iran and Eritrea go to war in 6 AD?

I have to idea what you are talking about. Did Iran and Eritrea go to war in 6 AD?

Yes we did and we kicked out of the Yemen and the arabian peninsula, you were trying to do what you trying to do now control the red sea passage. someone didn't learn their lesson fro history it seems.

you act as a slave of saudis
you have NO dignity
and when i can read your racist and sectarian comments , i hope your country don't have lot of people like you

It's about respect and our neighbours in need. when Eritrea was in need Saudia arabia was the main country to shelter our weak. today there are ore than 200,000 Eritreans in KSA half of them naturalized and working in all sector of community. Beside we know the intentions of the houthi's and their Iranian allies this is our security too.

Yes we did and we kicked out of the Yemen and the arabian peninsula, you were trying to do what you trying to do now control the red sea passage. someone didn't learn their lesson fro history it seems.

Nope, I didn't. Sounds interesting. Can you give me more info?

i was not speaking to you fanatic

The only fanatic here is a fake wannabe Arab Mullah terrorist supporter like you who meddles in internal Arab affairs all the time that you have ZERO business with.

Let me tell you this in a simple way. You Farsis are hated by most of the 450 million Arabs and are unwanted people. We don't want your terrorist Mullah's and their terror sponsorship in our ancient lands. In fact we don't want anything to do with you.

Capisce?

KSA-Eritrea or KSA-Israel, KSA-USA or KSA-Egyptian relations are none of your business or that of your fellow idiotic, obsessive and inferiority written Farsi trolls here on PDF or elsewhere.

It's this simple. Not going to say it again.

It's about respect and our neighbours in need. when Eritrea was in need Saudia arabia was the main country to shelter our weak. today there are ore than 200,000 Eritreans in KSA half of them naturalized and working in all sector of community. Beside we know the intentions of the houthi's and their Iranian allies this is our security too.
so you will participate in killing innocent people by serving your "friend" giving you money and naturalization
Iranians are not military present in Yemen , except in propaganda words created by KSA
houthis are not the ones to be described as angels but :
1/ what they ask is fair for the rights of people or autonomy
2/ you have blood on your hand to participate in such bloodshed , assassinations of innocent people
like they did in Bahrain and now in Yemen
i am not speaking for their supports of extremists and terrrorists in ME region , they are the experts

Back
Top Bottom