What's new

Erdoğan hologram inspires laughter, satire

abdul2

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Call it the “Erdoğram.”

On Tuesday, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan made a larger-than-life appearance in İzmir, when — unable to attend a party meeting in the Aegean city — he beamed into the conference hall as a 10-foot-tall hologram.

The event made national and even global headlines, but the reaction was perhaps not what the prime minister was aiming for.

A video posted on YouTube morphed the Turkish leader into a number of movie scenes, showing him as famous figures ranging from the Wizard of Oz to a ghost in the 1984 flick “Ghostbusters.” Titled “The hologram will not learn from you!” in reference to a dig Erdoğan once made at the faith-based Hizmet movement, the video had earned over 3,000 views within a few hours of its posting. Another popular spoof beamed the Erdoğram into French duo Daft Punk’s Grammy performance.

International news coverage of the holographic spectacle took a mirthful tone. The Guardian poked fun at the prime minister’s frequent claims of being a victim of a shady plot, repeated in his Tuesday speech, saying, “That’s a bit rich coming from a giant hologram.” The Atlantic called the incident “a scene straight out of Star Wars,” while ABC News echoed this sentiment in a headline that announced “Turkish Leader Pulls a Princess Leia.”

As other commentators at home and abroad seized the opportunity to compare the prime minister’s towering image to what they deemed his inflated ego, it seems the outsized performance will be remembered as much for the humorous response as for the event itself.

Erdoğan hologram inspires laughter, satire | Al-Rasub

The leader adapting to technology. What wrong with it? shows vision....

Us - Fenerbahce Fans ! :smokin:

All the past Turk Leaders failed because they all supported Galatasaray just like you, @xenon54 & @Sinan - Only a Fenerbahce Fan can put Turkiye on the path to Glory ! :D
:rofl:Fenerbahce is a lost cause,you sure about your statement?
If we compare Turkey to Fenerbahce then we are doomed.
Only Harakiri:suicide2::suicide:left.

:rofl:Fenerbahce is a lost cause,you sure about your statement?
If we compare Turkey to Fenerbahce then we are doomed.
Only Harakiri:suicide2::suicide:left.

Hell No Fenerbahce will bounce back no matter how much you people scheme against us ! :smokin:

Besides every European Has-been is hired by Gala at exorbitant wages ! :lol:

thats something called promotion. please dont do it in Pakistan, I would hate to see a 10 feet tall and fat nawaz sharif !

Hell No Fenerbahce will bounce back no matter how much you people scheme against us ! :smokin:

Besides every European Has-been is hired by Gala at exorbitant wages ! :lol:
You are unreal,just check out the age difference between both clubs.
Dir Kuit 33,C.Baroni 30,R.Meireles 30,B.Alves 32,S.Sahin 32,enough for you?

You are unreal,just check out the age difference between both clubs.
Dir Kuit 33,C.Baroni 30,R.Meireles 30,B.Alves 32,S.Sahin 32,enough for you?

Half of them (Kuyt & Meireles) are former Liverpool FC players - a club that I've supported religiously !

Kuyt has twice the stamina of a normal player but he was never really blessed with anything else & Meireles was alright but perhaps unsuited to the rigors of a fast paced league like the Premier League but they're both Players way past their Prime !

The Turkish League should've gone the German Route - Strong....Strong Youth Team Building; just look at how Bayern & others invested in their Youth Academies & now in addition to them the German National Team is being rewarded for that quite nicely !

Don't be another Siere A - the Italian League - which serves as a Retirement Avenue for most European Players who are past their prime or in the twilight of their careers !

Half of them (Kuyt & Meireles) are former Liverpool FC players - a club that I've supported religiously !

Kuyt has twice the stamina of a normal player but he was never really blessed with anything else & Meireles was alright but perhaps unsuited to the rigors of a fast paced league like the Premier League but they're both Players way past their Prime !

The Turkish League should've gone the German Route - Strong....Strong Youth Team Building; just look at how Bayern & others invested in their Youth Academies & now in addition to them the German National Team is being rewarded for that quite nicely !

Don't be another Siere A - the Italian League - which serves as a Retirement Avenue for most European Players who are past their prime or in the twilight of their careers !
What a surprise,you know something about football.
You tell that to the Federation,its all friends-policy.
Untill 2002,we had the German system but they fkd up the youth at club level,to much money no discipline nothing.
Only some anatolian clubs have good youth programs.

What a surprise,you know something about football.
You tell that to the Federation,its all friends-policy.
Untill 2002,we had the German system but they fkd up the youth at club level,to much money no discipline nothing.
Only some anatolian clubs have good youth programs.

I've played as a Left-Back & a Central-Defensive-Mid for most of the past few years in my local amateur club ! :smokin:

Then too many niggling injuries from one-too many tackles gone wrong with the other guys stepping on my ankle one-too many times forced me to give up football ! :cray:

The Youth is the way forward otherwise the National Team isn't gonna get developed ! :)

I've played as a Left-Back & a Central-Defensive-Mid for most of the past few years in my local amateur club ! :smokin:

Then too many niggling injuries from one-too many tackles gone wrong with the other guys stepping on my ankle one-too many times forced me to give up football ! :cray:

The Youth is the way forward otherwise the National Team isn't gonna get developed ! :)
Why would you a Pakistani choose football over Cricket?
Is it the Turkish side ?

Back
Top Bottom