What's new

Erdoan says surprised by resignations in Turkish navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surenas

Reaction score
Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said he is surprised and deeply saddened by resignations of several senior commanders from Turkish navy in what appears a protest against a court verdict that upheld the convictions of leading members of Turkish military.

Speaking after Eid al-Adha prayer on Tuesday, Erdoğan wished for a happy and peaceful Eid for all Muslims in the world. He also touched upon several issues regarding Turkish politics and regional affairs.

Erdoğan said he was surprised by a series of resignations in the Turkish navy, expressing his fury over timing of the move of commanders.

Turkish Coast Guard Commander Vice Admiral Atilla Kezek, Coast Guard Commander Rear Admiral Sami Örgüç and several other high-ranking members of the Turkish navy have allegedly resigned from their posts in protest against the decision of a Turkish appeals court that upheld the convictions of leading members of the Turkish military charged with plotting to overthrow the civilian government.

Erdo

Turkey's internal matter. No need for Persians to be concerned!

Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said he is surprised and deeply saddened by resignations of several senior commanders from Turkish navy in what appears a protest against a court verdict that upheld the convictions of leading members of Turkish military.

Speaking after Eid al-Adha prayer on Tuesday, Erdoğan wished for a happy and peaceful Eid for all Muslims in the world. He also touched upon several issues regarding Turkish politics and regional affairs.

Erdoğan said he was surprised by a series of resignations in the Turkish navy, expressing his fury over timing of the move of commanders.

Turkish Coast Guard Commander Vice Admiral Atilla Kezek, Coast Guard Commander Rear Admiral Sami Örgüç and several other high-ranking members of the Turkish navy have allegedly resigned from their posts in protest against the decision of a Turkish appeals court that upheld the convictions of leading members of the Turkish military charged with plotting to overthrow the civilian government.

Erdo

I'm also Turkish by birth right and a naturalized citizen on top of that. Now with that out of the way, Iranians need not get their panties in a twist @ every local news vis-a-vis Turkey.

No need for Pakistanis to act like the spokesman of Turks. Anyway, this subject has as much to do with military affairs as politics.

I'm also Turkish by birth right and a naturalized citizen on top of that. Now with that out of the way, Iranians need not get their panties in a twist @ every local news vis-a-vis Turkey.

I don't consider you to be Turkish, so spare me your life story.

On topic: it may be local news, but local Turkish defence news fits in this local Turkish section. If people want to react on it or not, that is not my problem.

On topic: it may be local news, but local Turkish defence news fits in this local Turkish section. If people want to react on it or not, that is not my problem.

I believe no one has appointed you to be the judge to deliver verdicts on who is turk and who is not.

Why are you so hurt my friend? Is it that you consider yourself a lower life form that you have problem with me being a Turk and a Pakistani? Insecurities manifest in different shapes and forms, why not nip them in the bud? Go see a shrink, preferably not of your lineage.

Next time dear, don't expect me to be a gentlemen, I shall be way ruthless with the word-soup.

@Aeronaut @Oscar @Jungibaaz, this topic is local Turkish news, based on "feelings" of PM of Turkey, with no practical consequences to wider geo-political or defense related situation of Middle East. I'd request a shut down, as it's nothing more than flamebait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe no one has appointed you to be the judge to deliver verdicts on who is turk and who is not.

You have reading comprehension problems? What did you not understand about this sentence 'I don't consider you'. I don't need a permission to state my opinion.

Why are you so hurt my friend? Is it that you consider yourself a lower life form that you have problem with me being a Pakistani?

I've no problems with you being a Pakistani.

Next time my don't expect me to be a gentlemen, I shall be way ruthless with the word-soup.

Spare me your supposed gentlemeness.

@Aeronaut @Oscar, this topic is local Turkish news, based on "feelings" of PM of Turkey, with no practical consequences to wider geo-political or defense related situation of Middle East. I'd request a shut down, as it's nothing more than flamebait.

High ranking military officers resigning due to political issues is not local news. It could have serious implications for the Turkish army, as well as for its operational ability in the region. Why don't you use your brains for one moment?

Bayram Mubarak to all, Iranians behave yourself.

The only thing I did was opening a topic; a pretty much relevant topic as well. I did not involved my ethnicity in this topic, but your fellow countryman Hyperion did by referring to me as a 'Persian'. So instead of advising me to behave myself, it would be better to direct your frustration at him. Thanks.

What is wrong with you kid? You can call me a "Pakistani", a "Turk", a "Pashtun", any time of the day. If anything, I would feel honored by it! :blink:

The only thing I did was opening a topic; a pretty much relevant topic as well. I did not involved my ethnicity in this topic, but your fellow countryman Hyperion did by referring to me as a 'Persian'. So instead of advising me to behave myself, it would be better to direct your frustration at him. Thanks.

@Hyperion is not just my countryman but my blood brother a fellow pukhtoon, he only said it was an internal matter, if you are offended by that then i offer you apologies.

Persian, what's so offensive about being called Persian, afterall they have great history and are the heart of Iran.

From the posts above, it seems that it is my fellow countrymen who need to behave themselves.

@Hyperion: You had no need to direct the nationality of the thread starter. It is you who is at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom