What's new

Electricity shortfall in the country reaches 8,500 MW

p(-)0ENiX

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ppi-lahore-power-protests-670.jpg

People protest against loadshedding in Lahore. – PPI (File Photo)

Electricity shortfall in the country reaches 8,500 MW

LAHORE: Pakistan’s electricity shortfall reached its peak as the difference in the supply and demand of power hit 8,500 MW on Sunday, DawnNews reported.

According to the National Transmission & Despatch Company (NTDC), Orient, Hubco, Saif, Lal pir, Sapphire and other power plants have stopped producing power due to the unavailability of oil and gas.

Lahore, Kasur, Muridke and Bhai Pheru are the worst affected cities due to the increase in shortfall. Power outages, which lasted as long as 20 hours, were also recorded in Faisalabad and Gujranwala.

Lahore has been facing three to four hours of loadshedding after every hour.

Currently, 4252 MW, 1300 MW and 4643 MW of electricity is produced with hydel, thermal and private producers respectively. KESC is receiving 680 MW of electricity.

Various parts of Rawalpindi also remained without electricity since morning. Many areas are also facing water shortages due to loadshedding.

Angry protestors had come out on the streets of Lahore Sunday after facing prolonged loadshedding.

A large demonstration was held against the electricity situation in Lahore’s Garhi Shahu area where protestors blocked traffic and burnt tyres. They also chanted slogans against Wapda and the government and asked for urgent measures to be taken against the prolonged and unannounced power outages as well as the lack of water available.

**********​

It must be summer in Pk now ..right?? that sucks big time guys. Specially the poor will be having a hard time coping with the power cuts.

Is this situation in certain provinces or in entire pakistan...i mean this level of load shedding...

Is this situation in certain provinces or in entire pakistan...i mean this level of load shedding...

Well if it's so bad in Lahore, I can't imagine what it would be like in the rural areas or the comparatively lesser developed cities of the country. I too want to know about what's going on in other cities with regards to load shedding.

I spoke to my aunt a few days ago on the phone..and she indeed confirmed that loadshedding is at an all time high..especially considering the heat and humidity in Pakistan and especially the rural areas.

I have nothing but hate and desire only death to those responsible for this loadshedding, and those unwilling or unable to resolve this.

Well if it's so bad in Lahore, I can't imagine what it would be like in the rural areas or the comparatively lesser developed cities of the country. I too want to know about what's going on in other cities with regards to load shedding.

Situation pretty much sucks, the heat combined with constant loadshedding is inhumane.
How can any proud Pakistani accept this? This wears people down.
I'm sure our political leaders have plenty of airconditioners and electricity around, those son of a b----, making the common Pakistani suffer like this, shame on them.

today in checha watni people set fire 2 police stations and other properties also destroyed a bit of MNA's house. Its start and this will spread to other cities soon.

I spoke to my aunt a few days ago on the phone..and she indeed confirmed that loadshedding is at an all time high..especially considering the heat and humidity in Pakistan and especially the rural areas.

I have nothing but hate and desire only death to those responsible for this loadshedding, and those unwilling or unable to resolve this.

Situation pretty much sucks, the heat combined with constant loadshedding is inhumane.
How can any proud Pakistani accept this? This wears people down.
I'm sure our political leaders have plenty of airconditioners and electricity around, those son of a b----, making the common Pakistani suffer like this, shame on them.

I despise every individual responsible for bringing Pakistan too its knees. However, the people I truly loathe are those that still aren't willing to learn from the country's previous mistakes & change accordingly. Every inch of our country & its society needs to be revamped.

I remember how bad it was in Lahore, the last time I visited Pakistan, it must be terrible now.

I suggest giving the death penalty to everyone in the government's planning department. (I am joking) :P

Although they do need to be held accountable for the country's failure in meeting the power demands of its growing population.

today in checha watni people set fire 2 police stations and other properties also destroyed a bit of MNA's house. Its start and this will spread to other cities soon.

Instead of destroying public/private property, goddamned they should HAVE VOTED FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

What is the normal temperature in the cities during summers and are there deaths due to heat strokes?

On an average how many hours of load shedding...atleast in your part of town...

well belive it or not but here its almost 22 hours load-shedding

rite now a friend of mine asked me Bijli ki kia halat hai I replied What is Bijli ? lol

Very grim situation............apart from present status the future is black as there are no major power plants under implementation.

And many people still thinks that pakistan have good infrastructure.

Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights & the most indispensable of duties. (Marquis de La Fayette)

While I agree with protesting against this tyranny, I do not agree with destroying the country's infrastructure or public property during protests.

Protests in Pakistan usually tend to do more harm than good, people should protest without turning in to a menace themselves.

They must learn that they are going to have to change themselves now, & we are going to have to struggle once again to revive the country.

I despise every individual responsible for bringing Pakistan too its knees. However, the people I truly loathe are those that still aren't willing to learn from the country's previous mistakes & change accordingly. Every inch of our country & its society needs to be revamped.

I remember how bad it was in Lahore, the last time I visited Pakistan, it must be terrible now.

I suggest giving the death penalty to everyone in the government's planning department. (I am joking) :P

Although they do need to be held accountable for the country's failure in meeting the power demands of its growing population.

It's endemic, a new government is not going to perform miracles when the whole system's bad, what a new Government will do initially is give the people a temporary relief to garner support. Pakistan essentially is facing a crumbling infrastructure with shortage of funds - don't go by budget allocations cos most are phoney numbers. The temporary relief given by the new party will show ill effects in the long term. There is no quick fix solution, a democratic government results in showing the lacuna's existent in the system. Proper planning which should have been done a decade ago is what's effecting you presently. If the new government is smart enough they will introduce systems that will bring relief after a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom