What's new

Eitan 8x8 APC armoured vehicle personnel carrier

some of the prototypes have an uncanny resemblance to rooikat chassis.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-01-at-9.04.05-PM.png

there is something wrong german sources claim the combat weigt of the Eitan is aroubd 44to... 30-35to is the naked chassie weigt without equipment

the Boxer weights in the most heavy configuration 36,5t not 33t and has 8kg mine protection... the much heavyer weight of the Eitan wents completely into the mine protection which is claimed to be 12kg resitance

Namer and Eitan turret 3D cutaway

In the recent ground warfare conference in Israel, as I've told before, there was quite a poor coverage, and no photos apparently. But one was sent to a military forum admin nicknamed Sirpad, and he shared it with us.

As we can see, it has everything a turret might need but I caught a few unconventional things, for the better and worse:

• Commander seems to have an MWIR night sight with a recognition range of 5km on the main vision block (FLIR), while the gunner has an EMWIR sight with a somewhat longer range, neither of which however are mentioned specifically on Elbit's site. Their HDTV cameras are also different, probably the gunner also having a longer range, higher quality one.

• There are 2 MATADOR anti-bunker/materiel/personnel short range rockets for up to several hundred meters, primarily for urban warfare scenarios where you may need a little more punch than a 30mm gun can provide. These are, of course, fully interchangeable with Spike LR 2 missiles.

• The Trophy system does not seem to have an autoloading mechanism on this one. We know the IDF required, about a decade ago during trials of the Trophy against the Iron Fist, for both contenders to have 3 interceptors per side, for a total of 6. This meant the autoloader would accommodate either 3 munitions, or 2 with 1 already loaded. It would be quite ridiculous for it to only have 1 charge per side.
We do not know yet if this was intentionally left out from this presentation, or a temporary design choice. But we can see that the mortar's autoloading mechanism was also omitted.

http://armor-il.blogspot.co.il/2018/05/namer-and-eitan-turret-3d-cutaway.html?m=1

images

There are plenty of weapons. Tested on Palestinian kids by isrealis before putting on service Shameless cowards

Awesome peace of art

I cant believe a country like Iraq can't make APC like this

Serial Eitan Variant Finished Assembly

MANTAK has just released a video showing the assembly of the 2nd prototype of the Eitan, and the first one in serial configuration.
The first prototype has finished its testing series and now the next phase has begun. It was recently reported the Eitan has finished its mobility tests.
As this is a production variant, it is likely the new turret and IronVision system will be tested on this prototype.
Currently, it features a different engine than the first prototype, to test different options before production or possible replacements should one supplier become less attractive. Also features improved protection for the crew and many general improvements.
Delivery to frontline units should commence somewhere around 2020, which means full rate production begins late 2019 to early 2020.

Suspension was also improved

Showing the different armor sections. Blue is not necessarily homogenous in thickness.

Notice how far back the turret ring is.

Passive armor laid first before the reactive armor modules.

Final side armor modules added, showing areas for filling with likely reactive armor inserts.

Testing new engine.

http://armor-il.blogspot.com/2018/06/serial-eitan-variant-finished-assembly.html?m=1

Back
Top Bottom