What's new

Egypt summons Iran's charge d'affaires: foreign ministry

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Egypt summons Iran's charge d'affaires: foreign ministry

(Reuters) - Egypt on Monday summoned the Iranian charge d'affaires in Cairo to protest over recent Iranian statements on Egypt, the foreign ministry said.

Iranian foreign ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham had said last Saturday that her country was worried by the recent escalation in violence between Egypt's army and protesters supporting former Islamist President Mohamed Mursi.

At least 17 people were killed on Friday in clashes between the police and supporters of Mursi, who was ousted by the army in July. "The Iranian comments were an unacceptable interference in Egypt's internal affairs," Egypt's foreign ministry spokesman Badr Abdelatty told Reuters.

Egypt summons Iran's charge d'affaires: foreign ministry| Reuters

Egypt Summons Iran Diplomat Over Protest Comments

Egypt's Foreign Ministry has summoned Iran's top diplomat in the country to express its "total condemnation" of comments he and other Iranian officials made recently about the surge of violence here.

The ministry said in a statement Monday the recent Iranian statements are "rejected" and reflect a "lack of knowledge or intentional overlooking" of facts. An Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman had expressed her country's concern Saturday about the rise in violence in Egypt during protests, urging the government and supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi to maintain peace and seek dialogue.

Egypt also has summoned Qatar's top diplomat in Cairo for similar statements.

Egypt and Iran severed ties after Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution. Iran operates an interest section in Cairo under a charge d'affaires without an ambassador.

Egypt Summons Iran Diplomat Over Protest Comments - ABC News

I didnt realise we even had charge d'affairs.
So Egypt should just get it over with and expel them then, I couldnt care less. Entire ME is f.ucked up. :)

HUH ! SO WHAT ?

i support zero relations with all tard a-rabs .... :lol:

Then stop interfering in the Arab world and withdrew from Syria a PROUD and ancient ARAB country.

Is it now that I have to write A-zeri like a 2 year old child, LOL?

:lol:

Then stop interfering in the Arab world and withdrew from Syria a PROUD and ancient ARAB country.
Is it now that I have to write A-zeri like a 2 year old child, LOL?

syrians are not arabs .... even egyptions are not !!! they are finighi ! from arab i meant their saudi puppet regime ...... :lol:

No, they are neither Arabs nor fellow Semitic people but Iranians.:lol: Preferably Azeris.:lol:

You should go to sleep. Nobody in the Arab world likes your fake wannabe Arab Mullah's.

Tell that to the mullah? Have you wonder why your country status quo is so miserable.

I assure you no Arab country would ever want to normalize relations with MullahStan. :lol:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would want you to normalize relations with us. lol

o, they are neither Arabs nor fellow Semitic people but Iranians. Preferably Azeris.
You should go to sleep. Nobody in the Arab world likes your fake wannabe Arab Mullah's.

ahh , its okey kid .....

go away with shame :lol:

Tell that to the mullah? Have you wonder why your country status quo is so miserable.

I assure you no Arab country would ever want to normalize relations with MullahStan. :lol:

:lol:

@haman10

LOL, it is your compatriot that is thrown out from an Arab country in Egypt. So you should cry. Not me.

LOL, it is your compatriot that is thrown out from an Arab country in Egypt. So you should cry. Not me.

as i said before , egyptions are not A-rab LIKE U !!!!

they are arabic speaking nation with 6000 years of history ..... UNLIKE U

now bye :lol:

No, they are "Iranians". Last time I checked the Arabian Peninsula is only second to Africa in history and human settlement. The Dilmun Civilization located in what is now KSA for instance predates Egypt and everything Iranian. Besides they are fellow Semitic people but you do not understand this.

Anyway you can cry all you want. It is your compatriot that works for the Mullah regime that is getting thrown out so why should any Arab cry about that?

Didn't they expel him?

Anyway, another slap in the face of the Iranians.

Iranians :lol:

they should have not even called him , Iran is insignificant for a country like Egypt.

syrians are not arabs .... even egyptions are not !!! they are finighi ! from arab i meant their saudi puppet regime ...... :lol:

Stop hitting afghan crack , the only iranians in the region are your brothers fighting in ISIL but they were exposed these days to be no more than iranian puppets.

I wonder since when saying
your country was worried by the recent escalation in violence between Egypt's army and protesters supporting former Islamist President Mohamed Mursi.

is interfering in other countries? I wonder since when Egypt government become so much insecure

Back
Top Bottom