What's new

Egypt lobbing accusations at Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas

ResurgentIran

Reaction score
The article is about Morsi facing charges of terrorism and treason. He is accused of striking an alliance with Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas in order to cause terrorism in Egypt to undermine the state and its stability.
Personlly, the charges are quite fantastical. Especially since Morsi had completely opposing views on Syria. I have a hard time seeing how Hezbollah and Morsi could be allies, under such circumstances.

Furthermore Egyptian prosecutors make no mention of Qatar and Turkey (the principal backers of the Morsi and MB government). In fact, Iran was relatively quiet about the pverthrow of Morsi, whereas Turkey was most outspoken and overt in its harsh criticism against Al-Sisi and Egyptian military.
This anti-Iran narrative is very fishy and suspect, and probably being sponsored by a certain external player.

BBC News - Mohammed Morsi faces Egypt terrorism charges

Last edited:
The article is about Morsi facing charges of terrorism and treason. He is accused of striking an alliance with Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas in order to cause terrorism in Egypt to undermine the state and its stability.
Personlly, the charges are quite fantastical. Especially since Morsi had completely opposing views on Syria. I have a hard time seeing how Hezbollah and Morsi could be allies, under such circumstances.

Furthermore Egyptian prosecutors make no mention of Qatar and Turkey (the principal backers of the Morsi and MB government). In fact, Iran was relatively quiet about the coup, or whatever you wanna call it, whereas Turkey was most outspoken and overt in its harsh criticism against Al-Sisi and Egyptian military.
This anti-Iran narrative is very fishy and suspect, and probably being sponsored by a certain external player.

Iran is used as a scapegoat everywhere in the Arab world. It has nothing to do with KSA which is the "external player" that you are referring to. From what I am aware of then Egypt has had no real ties to Iran for well over 30 years. Nothing to do with KSA.

Lastly Iran were critical of the removal of the MB and Morsi.

Of course a Islamic theocracy like Iran is against secular military juntas like the one seen in Egypt right now.

PressTV - Iran MP slams marginalization of pro-Islamic parties by Egypt govt.

Iran is used as a scapegoat everywhere in the Arab world. It has nothing to do with KSA which is the "external player" that you are referring to. From what I am aware of then Egypt has had no real ties to Iran for well over 30 years. Nothing to do with KSA.

Lastly Iran were critical of the removal of the MB and Morsi.

Of course a Islamic theocracy like Iran is against secular military juntas like the one seen in Egypt right now.

PressTV - Iran MP slams marginalization of pro-Islamic parties by Egypt govt.

There was some criticism, but not NEARLY to the same extent as Turkey. Thats why I said relativey quiet.
And dont you agree that these charges seems way off the chart and not realistic?
And to be frank yes, I think this is mostly Saudi-sponsored narrative. It is afterall SA that is pumping billions of dollars to Egypt after Morsi went away, and proably those aid packages came under certain conditions. Like not to reapproach Iran. Thats what I suspect anyway.

I just think its strange how Iran all of a sudden is in the spotlight, when it was Qatar and Turkey that were the staunches supporters of Muslim Brotherhood. In fact, relations between Egypt and Iran were not even that great even during Morsi.

Last edited:
There was some criticism, but not NEARLY to the same extent as Turkey. Thats why I said relativey quiet.
And dont you agree that these charges seems way off the chart and not realistic?
And to be frank yes, I think this is mostly Saudi-sponsored narrative. It is afterall SA that is pumping billions of dollars to Egypt after Morsi went away, and proably those aid packages came under certain conditions. Like not to reapproach Iran. Thats what I suspect anyway.

I just think its strange how Iran all of a sudden is in the spotlight, when it was Qatar and Turkey that were the staunches supporters of Muslim Brotherhood. In fact, relations between Egypt and Iran were not even that great even during Morsi.

Well, Turkey was more vocal but Iran was vocal too. But the thing was that Morsi supported the Syrian opposition of which many are a part of the Syrian MB or close to their ideology. While Iran is against them in Syria. So they had somewhat of a dilemma. Internally Iran is probably happy about Morsi getting removed but not to lose face in the open and to dismiss their Islamic standings they criticize the Egyptian military as seen in that news I quickly found. That is my take and the take I have seen most experts agree on.

I don't know how reliable those charges are. But as I wrote then Iran is an easy target everywhere in the Arab world. Another one is Israel.

Actually other GCC states in particular UAE have invested more in Egypt. KSA and Egypt are neighbors and fellow Arab and Muslim countries so of course KSA will have a special interest in their most populous neighbor and the country in the center of the Arab world. Stability in Egypt often means stability in the Arab world.

Anyway you should ask the Egyptian members about their views. Quite frankly I don't think that KSA has anything to do with that.

Lastly the Egyptian military has been quick to denounce "Al-Qaeda" like affiliates in Egypt itself, in particularly in Sinai, where there is an ongoing conflict between the Egyptian military and those groups.

Last edited:
Now everybody is lobbing against Iran :devil:

Everybody is uniting against them. For some, there is no appearant reason.

Egypt is like a bugle...The quality of its sound comes from the bugler, in this case KSA.

Furthermore Egyptian prosecutors make no mention of Qatar and Turkey (the principal backers of the Morsi and MB government). In fact, Iran was relatively quiet about the pverthrow of Morsi, whereas Turkey was most outspoken and overt in its harsh criticism against Al-Sisi and Egyptian military.

Terrorism charges...Ha Ha...who know that government would press such charges.

The truth is Hezbollah and Hamas did help free Morsi during the revolution since he was arrested just for being a living human being by the mubarak regime which oppressed political opponents.

Word is that it was true.

Although Iran had no involvement, this was decided on by Hamas and Hezbollah and after this MB allowed Hezbollah to have a presence in Sinai to make sure in Mossad is there and also to check which smuggling groups are colobarators.

Hezbollah smuggled so much weapons to Gaza during that period. I don't understand why some Iranians were anti-MB they were actually working together with the MB in Libya and Hezbollah Hamas.

Terrorism charges...Ha Ha...who know that government would press such charges.

The truth is Hezbollah and Hamas did help free Morsi during the revolution since he was arrested just for being a living human being by the mubarak regime which oppressed political opponents.

Word is that it was true.

Although Iran had no involvement, this was decided on by Hamas and Hezbollah and after this MB allowed Hezbollah to have a presence in Sinai to make sure in Mossad is there and also to check which smuggling groups are colobarators.

Hezbollah smuggled so much weapons to Gaza during that period. I don't understand why some Iranians were anti-MB they were actually working together with the MB in Libya and Hezbollah Hamas.

Well I dont know about other Iranians, but I dont think Iran itself had problem with Morsi. We were gradually improving our relations, and even had small level trade. Although our relations were still not great.

Despite differences, we tried to normalize our diplomatic relations with Egypt.
But now it seems like that will never happen.

About the overthrow of Morsi, GCC cheered it and Turkey feverishly condemned it.
I think Iran was somewhere in the middle, and kept quiet. lol

Well I dont know about other Iranians, but I dont think Iran itself had problem with Morsi. We were gradually improving our relations, and even had small level trade. Although our relations were still not great.

Despite differences, we tried to normalize our diplomatic relations with Egypt.
But now it seems like that will never happen.

It's because we have arab nationalists in power which means they will be anti Hezbollah, Iran, MB, Hamas...and anything islamist.

Maybe they may have relations with Hamas only due to them being on their border and the situation in Gaza.

It's because we have arab nationalists in power which means they will be anti Hezbollah, Iran, MB, Hamas...and anything islamist.

Maybe they may have relations with Hamas only due to them being on their border and the situation in Gaza.

I must admit that I dont know much about the mood in Egypt relating to Islamism or Arab nationalism.
Im not from there so I cant speak to that.
However it remains to be seen if Al-Sisi will be sustainable and last. Imo if new Egyptian government wants to be stay in power without Egyptians revolting again, it has to take into account the opinion of its people. Otherwise its apparent that this is the old Mubarak order that is back.
Personally I think that we have not read the last chapter on Egypt. Egypt is going through something profound.

But I will watch closely any events that unfolds in Egypt. Egypt is the Arab superpower, and anything that happens in Egypt also affects the other Arab countries in GCC and the Levant.

Israel is also scared to death about Egypt and no doubts want to go back to a time where Egypt was contained. Although I think that time is gone.

I must admit that I dont know much about the mood in Egypt relating to Islamism or Arab nationalism.
Im not from there so I cant speak to that.
However it remains to be seen if Al-Sisi will be sustainable and last. Imo if new Egyptian government wants to be stay in power without Egyptians revolting again, it has to take into account the opinion of its people. Otherwise its apparent that this is the old Mubarak order that is back.
Personally I think that we have not read the last chapter on Egypt. Egypt is going through something profound.

But I will watch closely any events that unfolds in Egypt. Egypt is the Arab superpower, and anything that happens in Egypt also affects the other Arab countries in GCC and the Levant.

Well I do know the people well and they like military rule very much...besides the Islamic activists who don't appreciate it so much since it also is intended to siege their activities and arrest many people.

They are just used to military presence to regulate the country.

So it's going to stay like this for a while. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, both sides need to co exist but it's bad if the Egyptian military will stay dominated by foreign elements.

If they serve American and Israeli interests it's just going to be stupid again.

Well I do know the people well and they like military rule very much...besides the Islamic activists who don't appreciate it so much since it also is intended to siege their activities and arrest many people.

They are just used to military presence to regulate the country.

So it's going to stay like this for a while. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, both sides need to co exist but it's bad if the Egyptian military will stay dominated by foreign elements.

If they serve American and Israeli interests it's just going to be stupid again.

I think any Egyptian government will inevitably have to listen to the voices of its people more. We saw what Egyptians are capable of. Huge revolts that no one can control, because Egypt is HUGE.
Which is why I think, Egypt will not accomodate Israel. Egyptian people naturally hate Israel, like everyone else does in Middle East.

Egypt is currently worthless let the dogs bark

all Muslims should boycott Egypt and it's military junta

I don't buy anything egyptian not that there is much to buy

Only pressure on the egyptian state will bring the junta down

Egypt is currently worthless let the dogs bark

all Muslims should boycott Egypt and it's military junta

I don't buy anything egyptian not that there is much to buy

Only pressure on the egyptian state will bring the junta down

It can only be decided by the people of Egypt, and not outside. If the people want it, then thats their choice. If not, then we will see things in movement again.
Like I said, Egypt is going through something profound and I dont believe we have read the last chapter on Egypt yet.

Back
Top Bottom