What's new

Edward Snowden sharpened his hacking skills in Delhi

KRAIT

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
BANGALORE: The hacker who shook the US intelligence machinery and had world leaders railing against Washington for spying on them picked up crucial skills in India.Edward Snowden, theNational Security Agencycontractor-turned-whistleblower, spent a week in New Delhi training in coreJava programmingandadvanced ethical hacking. It's this training that got him certified as an EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA).

Now hiding in Russia as a fugitive from US law and charged with espionage for leaking documents related to the US surveillance,Snowdentrained at offshore IT training and certification providerKoenig Solutionsin Moti Nagar, New Delhi in 2010. He flew into India on September 3 from Japan and left for the US on September 9.

The Registration of Foreigners Rule 1939 Form C Hotel Arrival report, a copy of which is with TOI, shows Snowden checked into Koenig Inn run by the institute in Karol Bagh at 2.30pm on September 3. "He paid over $2,000 towards his training fee, lodging and boarding," said Rohit Aggarwal, founder and CEO of Koenig Solutions. Koenig is an authorized training partner for certification programmes from companies like Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, EC-Council, Citrix and VMware. It has trained over 20,000 foreign IT professionals across five centres in the country and one in Dubai.

ECSA is a 4-day course designed to train security professionals in advanced tools and techniques required to perform comprehensive information security tests. It enables students to design, secure and test networks to protect firms from threats that hackers and crackers pose. "To beat a hacker, you need to think like one!" says the EC-Council website.

"Snowden was a certified ethical hacker and hence he chose a fast-track course. It didn't take him much time to figure out how to create exploit-attacks and hack wireless networks. He was able to interpret vulnerabilities and outcomes in security testing," said Sisir Pandey, technical manager in information security at Koenig who trained Snowden on ECSA.

Snowden sent an email from Japan, where he was then staying on July 23, 2009, enquiring about the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Course and Certified Ethical Hacker Certification programmes from EC-Council. Koenig sent the visa invitation letter to Snowden that was submitted to the embassy in Japan.

Emails exchanged between Snowden and Koenig reveal he had multiple security certifications - the Microsoft Certified Solutions Experts (MCSE) certification, EC-Council's Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Project Management Professional (PMP) and Network+ and Security+ certifications from the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), an IT trade association that helps advance global IT professionals.

Koenig centre manager Hema Sharma, who interacted with Snowden during his stay in New Delhi, remembers him as a quiet person. "He kept to himself. He was unassuming and nothing out of the ordinary. He was focused on the curriculum. He would frequently visit the Haldirams restaurant next to our centre," she said. Snowden's Java trainer Saurabh Sharma, who has left Koenig, remembered him as a student but could not recollect too many details.

Edward Snowden sharpened his hacking skills in Delhi - The Times of India

interesting information. dint know india had that level of hacking expertise

Edward Snowden, theNational Security Agencycontractor-turned-whistleblower, spent a week in New Delhi training in coreJava programmingandadvanced ethical hacking. It's this training that got him certified as an EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA).

maybe thats why he sought refuge?

Snowden’s Asylum Bid Spurned From Switzerland to India - Bloomberg

India rejects Edward Snowden request, says "we're not open house for asylum" | NDTV.com

Bullshit .

Verbal Diarrhea from journalist who do not understand hacking shyt .

Edward snowden already had access to data .He was responsible for maintaining computer network security
HE JUST COPIED IT .

SO MUCH SO FOR HACKING BOO .

Go through my post once more.. if it is not enough for you to understand what I have written, go through it several times ... :hitwall:

Go through my post once more.. if it is not enough for you to understand what I have written, go through it several times ... :hitwall:

I went through and its simply not true specially if you compare India to country he is coming from .

I went through and its simply not true specially if you compare India to country he is coming from .

and that's why the country "he is coming from" is recruiting so many Indians in its IT field .....!!!!!!! :haha::sarcastic:

and that's why the country "he is coming from" is recruiting so many Indians in its IT field ..... :haha::sarcastic:

Yeah because It is booming so much that they need immigrants . Nothing magical about it . On the other hand they also don't breed like rabbits .

Also California where "Silicon Valley" is located has GDP of 1.96 Trillion USD . Thats more than Entire GDP of India .

Also Less than 1.5 percent Californians are Indians . Don't believe in any wild shyt you read .

LOL so he attended an ethical hacking conference and course and he got "trained" there? EPIC ...

So a Cyber terrorist was trained at Delhi? Shouldn't the US bomb Delhi with phishing emails now?

India is always ahead in IT sectors...

Adobe, Microsoft, Lenovo, Oracle, Symantec, CA Technologies SAP, ZTE, IBM, Google, Tencent, Yahoo, Apple, Dell, Huawei, Siemens don't sound Indian to me. In fact, I don't even know one software/ Hardware I'm using that comes from an Indian software/ hardware company.

So a Cyber terrorist was trained at Delhi? Shouldn't the US bomb Delhi with phishing emails now?
India is not Pakisan. :coffee:

Adobe, Microsoft, Lenovo, Oracle, Symantec, CA Technologies SAP, ZTE, IBM, Google, Tencent, Yahoo, Apple, Dell, Huawei, Siemens don't sound Indian to me. In fact, I don't even know one software/ Hardware I'm using that comes from an Indian software/ hardware company.
But most of these companies employee Indian techie and they hold important position.

Do one thing, start Adobe Photoshop and see the list of Developers. You can see many Indian names. Did you ever did that ?

India is not Pakisan. :coffee:

But most of these companies employee Indian techie and they hold important position.

Do one thing, start Adobe Photoshop and see the list of Developers. You can see many Indian names. Did you ever did that ?

Most of these companies employ tons of people from the whole world. I use Adobe regularly and I see tons of East Asian names and some Indian names, but most people (at the top) are of European origin. By the end of the day, it's still a US, German, Japanese, Chinese IT company, not an Indian.

Back
Top Bottom