What's new

'Edinburgh, where in England is that?' How to irritate different Europeans with a single sentence re

Inhabitants of the Baltic states, made up of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, are seemingly tired of being asked if they are 'Russians', on the basis of their neighbours.
I want to tell the story of one Lithuanian, who moved to work in the West. He worked as a waiter in a bar in Scotland. Locals treated workers from Eastern Europe very badly - they were insulted, bullied. Then one day he was asked - where are you from. He said that he is from Russia.
And he was not bullied any more.

its-wales-you-idiot.jpeg

done the 'hungary' joke.. so lame... you should not joke about a person's name too because the guy has probably heard it 100s of times...
I once said 'welcome to England' to a bunch of scots who were visiting, but guess it would have been awkward if I was English.

done the 'hungary' joke.. so lame... you should not joke about a person's name too because the guy has probably heard it 100s of times...
I once said 'welcome to England' to a bunch of scots who were visiting, but guess it would have been awkward if I was English.

Well the joke over here is when somebody from England talks and we can't understand what they are saying we say "Sorry I don't understand British...can you speak English?".

I want to tell the story of one Lithuanian, who moved to work in the West. He worked as a waiter in a bar in Scotland. Locals treated workers from Eastern Europe very badly - they were insulted, bullied. Then one day he was asked - where are you from. He said that he is from Russia.
And he was not bullied any more.

Fake story.The Scots are more friendlier than the English and the English are friendly and well manered as it gets.

As it happens,my brother worked for 7 months as a waiter in Aberdeen,the locals were kind and opened,knowing he s Romanian.

Well the joke over here is when somebody from England talks and we can't understand what they are saying we say "Sorry I don't understand British...can you speak English?".
well thats a joke in England too.... I think the most offensive thing is scottish currency is not readily accepted in many places in London.. people will look at it as if you handed over fake notes..
'sir I think you will find poond is a legal tender' every scot has to say this once at least .. followed by 'Yenglishh bastarrds' :)

The association between frogs and the French is purely British.
Noone associates that song with France in Sweden.

The French have always carried a dead frog as part of their emergency rations. We learnt this from reception.

For those not into Advanced Swedish Culture...

That is just a wonderful scene. Families, young and old simply having fun.

Yeah ! and a piece of stinky camembert as well.

i48229-n-3-le-camembert-de-normandie-aoc-21-jours-d-affinage.jpg

If we don't eat it we can always use it as chemical weapon against our best enemies : les rosbifs

Be careful what they got too mon ami

Want to really, really annoy a French person?
It's as easy as four words: 'American wines are better.'
America has wine? I do know they are good at annoying me as a Dutchman, by saying 'And, also, I'ld like to welcome our Danish friend....".

Last edited:
America has wine? I do know they are good at annoying me as a Dutchman, by saying 'And, also, I'ld like to welcome our Danish friend....".

California napa valley wines are pretty good to really good overall!

They do help in causing bad water management in the area though!

Now that I think of it, there are wines grown even in Ontario and also western Canada (BC).

California napa valley wines are pretty good to really good overall!

They do help in causing bad water management in the area though!

Now that I think of it, there are wines grown even in Ontario and also western Canada (BC).
Sorry, should have given a sarcasm warning. America = the America's (which is not just the US with wine countries, but also South American, including domains in Chili and Argentina). Virginia has nice wines too.

Sorry, should have given a sarcasm warning. America = the America's (which is not just the US with wine countries, but also South American, including domains in Chili and Argentina). Virginia has nice wines too.

Yes actually the glass I'm having right now is from Chile. Quite good.

Back
Top Bottom