What's new

ECP rejects nomination papers of PML-N's Ayaz Amir

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
531062-AyazAmirEXPRESS-1365076029-560-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: The Election Commission of Pakistan rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Ayaz Amir, Express News reported on Thursday.

Amir had filed his papers from Chakwal.

An objection criticising Amir for writing articles “against the ideology of Pakistan” was filed against his nomination papers by complainant Babar Salim.

Amir is a renowned journalist and columnist who has contributed to Dawn and The News International.
The decision against Amir’s nomination papers was taken by an ECP returning officer yesterday.
ECP rejects nomination papers of PML-N’s Ayaz Amir – The Express Tribune

An objection criticising Amir for writing articles “against the ideology of Pakistan” was filed against his nomination papers by complainant Babar Salim.

That is just BS and exactly what I referred to in my thread 'Is it really wrong'.

Who sets the criteria, who sets the benchmark, who defines what is the ideology of Pakistan? The parliament hasn't done that, the ECP hasn't done that nor has the Supreme Court or any other authority.

Ideology is different for every other person.

I think he is one of the more sensible journalist we have.

AS PTI supporter its shocking news... wtf is EC up to ?

What is the ideology ? .. and who decides it ?

Does a returning officer have the authority to decide on such issues ?

When you don't build institutions, this is what is bound to happen.

Personally I didn't like this person for his overly pessimistic attitude and lacking will to improve system. In TV shows I have seen him defend corruption of politics by arguing saying "Are Politicians the only corrupt section of society" ? Its just like police nabbing a robber and he claiming.. am I the only robber in the city?.. so why to catch me and not everybody else first?

531062-AyazAmirEXPRESS-1365076029-560-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: The Election Commission of Pakistan rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Ayaz Amir, Express News reported on Thursday.

Amir had filed his papers from Chakwal.

Amir is a renowned journalist and columnist who has contributed to Dawn and The News International.
The decision against Amir’s nomination papers was taken by an ECP returning officer yesterday.
ECP rejects nomination papers of PML-N’s Ayaz Amir – The Express Tribune
great job done by election commission these secular traitors needs to be kicked sold Pakistan for American dollars and ideology of Pakistan is the
objective resolution which was passed by Parliament of Pakistan

Reservations have also been expressed on papers of Imran Khan and Nawaz Sharif among others.

Wonder whats that about.

great job done by election commission these secular traitors needs to be kicked sold Pakistan for American dollars and ideology of Pakistan is the

Agree 100% with your conclusion.

People like him try and present themselves as aflatoon but inside self-centred and of no use to the country and people.

CONGRATULATIONS:

Papers of Faisal S. Hayyat and Abid Imam (son of Fakhar Imam + Abida Hussain) have been rejected as well.

Two more ganda anddas go down the drain.

ECP ==> you dont know what are you doing

I am a Pakistani but I dont like something in my country's constitution. What should I do ???

Utter nonsense! What is the difference between this verdict and the verdicts given by TTP clerics? Kill the one you don't agree with!

Very sad to hear ! I actually enjoy reading his articles.

Back
Top Bottom