What's new

Economy bounces back to record 5.7% growth, highest in over two years

Dude, everyone makes assumptions here.

NO-ONE can ever predict what will happen in economics.

No less than the IMF predicted in 1960 that by 2000, India would displace the US and become the richest country on the planet.

No such predictions are done by anyone in 1960s.. India's economic development got pace after 1990 and gain world attention after 2000 with the evolution of the term BRIC.. Please give anu link to support your claim mate..

Well that is the richest state in India. It is not fair to compare the most developed part of India to BD as a whole.

I think catching the richest state in India should be a nice target for BD to aim for.
According to IMF Bangladesh 2013 gdp nominal= $141 billion ( not 170-180)

Last edited:
No such predictions are done by anyone in 1960s.. India's economic development got pace after 1990 and gain world attention after 2000 with the evolution of the term BRIC.. Please give anu link to support your claim mate..

I am not bothered to spend time finding the source but the IMF predicted 7.5% GDP growth average for India between 1960-2000 and India only managed 4.5% average. If the IMF was right, then by the year 2000 India would have overtaken the US to become the richest country on the planet.

Feel free to spend your own time finding a the link.

Secularists:

hqdefault.jpg

No doubt about diversifying the produce. We trying to switch to organic cr@p let see how that works out.

I did not know you were a farmer. You really need to practice intensive integrated farming. This is an interesting article. Will give you an idea about the potential in farming.

This farmer earns Rs. 22 lakh a year from 2.1 acres of land - The Hindu

Its a bad idea looking at the huge population we have to feed.
Its okay for small countries with 1/50 of our population

It is not a bad idea.

This farmer earns Rs. 22 lakh a year from 2.1 acres of land - The Hindu

Wow........................... What a Man, Modi ............. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Where were you.......................... We lost 10 years :angry:

3-4 years. Perforamce of our ecomomy was good during tenure of UPA 1 and despite recession we were doing good till 2011.

Dude, stop trying to mislead like most Indians here.

BD GDP/capita passed the 1K US dollar mark last year. India is at 1.6K this year. BD economy is growing faster than India and so the gap is narrowing as time goes by.

BD has a life expectancy of over 70 years which is around 4 years higher than India.

Millions of Indians die of malnutrition every year - Indians are the only people outside sub-saharan africa that die due to lack of food.

In short, India is a horrible place to live for all but the rich.

I

BD GDP/capita is around $900, and will never go over $1000 per capita.

BD has a lower HDI rating than India.

Millions of Bangladeshis die of malnutrition every year.

Bangladesh is a horrible place to live, period. Which is most Bangladeshis don't.

BD GDP/capita passed the 1K US dollar mark last year.
$1k are you sure , because as per this source Bangladesh's GDP per capita was @ $903 in 2013
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to IMF Bangladesh 2013 gdp nominal= $141 billion ( not 170-180)
I guess it isn't as per wiki its around $158billion
for 2013 with a projection of $170billion in 2014...
Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With world bank claiming it to @$129.9billion in 2013 ,with a 6% growth rate and 7.5% inflation
Bangladesh Home

I am not bothered to spend time finding the source but the IMF predicted 7.5% GDP growth average for India between 1960-2000 ......
Feel free to spend your own time finding a the link.
Dude you were the one to come up wid 1960 crap so don't embarrass yourself and come up with a link to backup your claim,eveyone out here can throw a source at your face for whatever they claim,stop acting like a kid and backup your 1960 claim.

BD GDP/capita is around $900, and will never go over $1000 per capita.

BD has a lower HDI rating than India.

Millions of Bangladeshis die of malnutrition every year.

Bangladesh is a horrible place to live, period. Which is most Bangladeshis don't.

It is already above 1K for 2014 According to IMF. BD government estimates 1.2K for this year.

Lol - BD'shis live for nearly 4 years longer than starving Indians. Internet Indians come here to chest-thump while thousands of their countrymen starve to death every day.

Last edited:
It is already above 1K for 2014 According to IMF. BD government estimates 1.2K for this year.

Lol - BD'shis live for nearly 4 years longer than starving Indians. Internet Indians come here to chest-thump while thousands of their countrymen starve to death eveevery year.

No it's not, I was wrong BD actually has a per capita GDP of 600USD for 2014.

4 years living in Bangladesh would feel like an extra lifetime. Fair point there.

Good to see that economy is improving. Hope we keep doing better in future.

Dude, stop trying to mislead like most Indians here.

BD GDP/capita passed the 1K US dollar mark last year. India is at 1.6K this year. BD economy is growing faster than India and so the gap is narrowing as time goes by.

BD has a life expectancy of over 70 years which is around 4 years higher than India.

Millions of Indians die of malnutrition every year - Indians are the only people outside sub-saharan africa that die due to lack of food.

In short, India is a horrible place to live for all but the rich.

I
I actually feel bad for you. I understand you wanting your homeland to be prosperous, but as of right now, it's hands down the worst place in South Asia. Lying to yourself won't help your cause. There are thousands of Bangladeshis crossing the border to live in India, and for good reason. Comparing your country to Maharashtra is a nice dream, but very unfair to you, since Maharashtra has so many more things going for it. How about you post a source comparing GDP, both PPP and nominal. Then compare India's and Bangladesh's economies.
Bangladesh's economy:
770px-Bangladesh_Export_Treemap.jpg

Indian economy:
760px-India_treemap.png

I hope you'll see part of why Bangladesh is so poor and will continue to be in the near future: It has a really, really shitty economy based entirely on cheap clothing.

Last edited:
What a poor troll you are...
BD GDP/capita passed the 1K US dollar mark last year.
So from 2013 you had jumped to 2014 :lol: you suck at trolling. For 2014 IMF projection is at $1015.
And for you BD govt estimates of $1.2K in 2014 :lol: IMF estimates bangladesh gdp per capit at $1.99K in 2016.so wake up and smell the coffee!
List of countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lol - BD'shis live for nearly 4 years longer than starving Indians. Internet Indians come here to chest-thump while thousands of their countrymen starve to death every day.

according to world bank. BD gdp per capita is 829 usd while india's is 1499 usd

GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

Honestly I am not trolling but remember when people were saying earlier this year that Pakistan's GDP growth rate would exceed India's this year and onwards into the next decade? That really does make me chuckle now....

Back
Top Bottom