What's new

Eating exotic mammals in southern China, as a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses

Vegan food is actually delicious and tastes very similar to meat. That is the long term solution.

I will go complete vegetarian this year and will go vegan in 5 years--->the Chinese torture of animals made me realize I am also part of the problem if I consume factory farmed livestocks...I reduced my animal protein consumption by changing over to more expensive organic meat without increasing my budget..let's see what is the most realistic for me

Virus on bats rarely pass on human. They always require some intermediate animals to enable further mutation in order to be able to infect human eventually. If human simply stops close interaction with animals, it is nearly impossible to be affected by virus on bats. Therefore, it is not the bats that we should blame for. It is the human-animal interaction that enables whatever weird garbage from animals to pass on human. Think about it. When was the last pandemic caused by virus from plants?

Chinese scientists are still looking for the plausible intermediate animals that could help explain COVID-19 pandemic.
Shut the wet markets down - all the illegal trade; this cross over was bound to occur.

Consumption of bats is well know in China. Pangolins too harbour a lot of coronaviruses and China has been driving the demand for the poor animals and driving them to extinction.

Shut the wet markets down - all the illegal trade; this cross over was bound to occur.

Consumption of bats is well know in China. Pangolins too harbour a lot of coronaviruses and China has been driving the demand for the poor animals and driving them to extinction.
Actually, no. I never heard anyone consumes bats in China. I heard plenty of cases of consuming pangolins and many other meatier animals. When I was in college, I once asked a classmate who just ate wild boar during the Chinese new year about how it tasted. He answered: too hard to chew. People in China who consume wild animals are mostly due to stupidity and the desire of bragging. It is getting worse when they have more money.

I would ban all animal trades, not just wild animals. Doesn't matter what animals you allow to trade, virus will find a way to utilize them in order to jump on human. Human beings should only be in close contact with much more genetically different species, like plants. Virus would have a hard time to make a huge mutation in order to jump on human.

Actually, no. I never heard anyone consumes bats in China. I heard plenty of cases of consuming pangolins and many other meatier animals. When I was in college, I once asked a classmate who just ate wild boar during the Chinese new year about how it tasted. He answered: too hard to chew. People in China who consume wild animals are mostly due to stupidity and the desire of bragging. It is getting worse when they have more money.

I would ban all animal trades, not just wild animals. Doesn't matter what animals you allow to trade, virus will find a way to utilize them in order to jump on human. Human beings should only be in close contact with much more genetically different species, like plants. Virus would have a hard time to make a huge mutation in order to jump on human.
The issue is when you go to remote areas and wierd places, you will get very strange practises, all it takes is just one cross over victim. Similar to ebola a few years ago - it was a kid who was in the jungle - bitten by a bat; his family came down next; then ritual washing and touching of body in respect caused more; it just multiplied.

The issue is when you go to remote areas and wierd places, you will get very strange practises, all it takes is just one cross over victim. Similar to ebola a few years ago - it was a kid who was in the jungle - bitten by a bat; his family came down next; then ritual washing and touching of body in respect caused more; it just multiplied.
That is very rare. virus are not genetic engineers. They mutate randomly and require a lot of practices in order to survive on a host.

That is very rare. virus are not genetic engineers. They mutate randomly and require a lot of practices in order to survive on a host.
Yes but bats are the principle reservoirs of most of these types of viruses. Bats are feared here for disease.

Yes but bats are the principle reservoirs of most of these types of viruses. Bats are feared here for disease.
That is why I said no close contact with any animals. They are far more genetically close to human than plants. And bats are mammals like human.

Another one...

An academic study published 5 years ago.

Topic: Creating of chimeric (hybrid) virus from SARS and Bat Corona Virus. It tells how dangerous it can be. One of the writers is from Wuhan.

ETamLQKXkAADcCR

Another one...

An academic study published 5 years ago.

Topic: Creating of chimeric (hybrid) virus from SARS and Bat Corona Virus. It tells how dangerous it can be. One of the writers is from Wuhan.

ETamLQKXkAADcCR

Turkish cuisine is the best!!

and it's a humanist environmental wildlife conservation issue too
read that Chinese gov is gonna permanently ban such festivals which r already very controversial among. Chinese

Man that's great news.

Back
Top Bottom