What's new

Dubious ancestors

Brahmins were formed much later, thousands of years later. First aryans in south asia were pastorilists warriors from steppe, brahmins are anything but like them and I'm not saying this as a bad thing.

As per my studies :

Purusha Sukta of Rig Veda talks about 4 Varna . Brahmins are one of them .
Vedas can be divided into Mantras , Brahmanas , Aryankas , Upanishads .
Early Vedic Aryans used to recite Mantras .
Age of Brahmanas is when began the Rituals and sacrifice .
Last age was of the Upanishads , which began around 800 BCE .

So Brahmins did existed when Aryans first came but the liturgy ( Yagya , Yajna ) wasn't as developed as it was few centuries later . I am no expert so I can't give you exact dates . Dating of Vedic literature is highly controversial .

As per my studies :

Purusha Sukta of Rig Veda talks about 4 Varna . Brahmins are one of them .
Vedas can be divided into Mantras , Brahmanas , Aryankas , Upanishads .
Early Vedic Aryans used to recite Mantras .
Age of Brahmanas is when began the Rituals and sacrifice .
Last age was of the Upanishads , which began around 800 BCE .

So Brahmins did existed when Aryans first came but the liturgy ( Yagya , Yajna ) wasn't as developed as it was few centuries later . I am no expert so I can't give you exact dates . Dating of Vedic literature is highly controversial .

How when rig veda was written thousands of years latter by brahmins. Use some common sense.

How when rig veda was written thousands of years latter by brahmins. Use some common sense.

Accepted Dates Internationally :

Vedas 1700-1200 BCE
Oldest Brahamans completed by 900 BCE
Youngest Brahamanas by 700 BCE
Upansihads 800-500 BCE
Puranas 400 BCE onwards

Battle of 10 Kings ( From Rig Veda ) 1400 BCE

Vedas were Oral tradition and when they were written down , No one can say that with authority .

Vedic Sanskrit gives the archaic form of Sanskrit language. the four Vedas , Brahmanas and the Upanishads are said to be the Vedic Sanskrit. ... Classical Sanskrit was the sanskrit regulated by Panini and it was created after dravidian speakers started speaking indo aryan language.

When did Panini developed Classical sanskrit
600-400 BCE

Accepted Dates Internationally :

Vedas 1700-1200 BCE
Oldest Brahamans completed by 900 BCE
Youngest Brahamanas by 700 BCE
Upansihads 800-500 BCE
Puranas 400 BCE onwards

Battle of 10 Kings ( From Rig Veda ) 1400 BCE

Vedas were Oral tradition and when they were written down , No one can say that with authority .

Rig Veda was written in 3rd century BC, likely by brahmins. Not 3500 years ago. Before that it was orally transmitted, who knows what was lost in translation after thousands of years.

:P we all are as old as 200,000 years

As per my Theory-Philosophy :P

We are not We .
We are one of the billion manifestations of the 1st Man and 1st Women :D

Rig Veda was written in 3rd century BC, likely by brahmins. Not 3500 years ago. Before that it was orally transmitted, who knows what was lost in translation after thousands of years.

Rig Veda is written in Vedic Sanskrit . It can't be around 3rd century BCE .
Oldest Brahamans were completed by 900 BCE .

Though I do have heard this view-point that majority of Vedic literature were re-written during Gupta Era .

Pirachas are khatri/arora converts like many other trading communities in pakistan/punjab. He should have dig deeper.

I do not know from where he once again got this Al Yamani link and thus find the chance to bash Arabs because as far as my study being a student tells me this Al Yamani reference is the weakest and found way only into wikipedia whereas books by Western as well as Indians and Pakistanis have different theories about origin of Parachas. Non of them had mentioned any Arab linkage.

As per my Theory-Philosophy :P

We are not We .
We are one of the billion manifestations of the 1st Man and 1st Women :D

Rig Veda is written in Vedic Sanskrit . It can't be around 3rd century BCE .
Oldest Brahamans were completed by 900 BCE .

Though I do have heard this view-point that majority of Vedic literature were re-written during Gupta Era .

As I said muslims have shajra which traces their ancestry to what ever ancestor they like the most, its not really written on stone. And from all the evidence we have its impossible you could trace your ancestor back to rig vedic aryans who were anything but like brahmins.

Muslims don't believe in this . If they do wouldn't it be against their Faith .
All Muslims have come from Adam and Eve ( What is the Quaranic name of Eve )

Its only among the Pagan traditions that we have Patrilineal and matrilineal ancestory .
I trace my ancestory to Lord Dattatreya , who was the son of Vedic sage Atri ( Composer of most hymns of Rig Veda ) and Anasuya .

Actually we do believe in tribes and linage (Though Islam does not give preference to one tribe over another. In Islam all are equal).

About the tribes Quran says

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ

لِتَعَارَفُوا إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ

Translation

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Surah al-Hujurat 49:13

Not different from Indians thousands miles away trying to associate themselves with Harapa, Mohinjodaro and Mehargarh.

:lol:

Dholavira?
Bhiranna?
Kalibangan?
Rakhigarhi?
Alamgirpur?
Lethal?
Mitathal?
Babur Kot?
Balu?

And there's lot more.

Keep it limited to ganga plains
Our history stretches beyond your imagination.
We had vedic times when Saraswati was flowing, then with a cataclysmic event causing it to dry began puranic times, that's when Ganga became popular.
Btw what link do you have to the dancing girl? Or the pashupati stamp found in IVC/SSC sites?
Idol worshipping or a naked girl, I don't think would ever get accepted there.
That's the reason you took the priest's figurine while India took the dancing girl.

Last edited:
Our history stretches beyond your imagination.
We had vedic times when Saraswati was flowing, then with a cataclysmic event causing it to dry began puranic times, that's when Ganga became popular.
Btw what link do you have to the dancing girl? Or the pashupati stamp?
Idol worshipping or a naked girl, I don't think would ever get accepted there.
That's the reason you took the priest's statue while India took the dancing girl.

Yeah I know your history stretched beyond the universe but exclude Pakistan from your wild imagination.

Back
Top Bottom