Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Drone to be struck down on orders: Air Chief
Updated 4 hours ago
5-13-2011_15508_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman Friday said that drones entering Pakistani air space would be struck down if such orders were issued (to the Pakistan Air Force), Geo News reported.

The Air Chief said this in reply to a question during the in-camera briefing by the military officials to the joint session of the parliament in the backdrop of the US unilateral assault in Abbottabad on May 2, 2011 that eliminated Osama bin Laden.

To another question regarding the operational control of Shamsi Air Base, the officials said UAE was operating the Air Base.
Drone to be struck down on orders: Air Chief

yeah and we all believe it :rofl::rofl::rofl:, stfu u stupid already!!

Well he is right, all he is telling indirectly is they are not suppose to shoot drones. It is just a roundabout way of saying this.

Just an excuse to pass the responsibility to the civilian government !

Responsibility lies with the civilian govt in the first place , shooting down these drones are no big deal but the problem is - if the spineless cowards sitting in Islamabad ready to gamble their seats for national integrity - i highly doubt it !

Though Pakistan's internal affairs is none of your business, but we will let u slide on this one.

i can see them shooting down one or two drones to be honest.... with a nod from the US beforehand ;)

but the killings will continue.

It isn't too different to Cambodia and Laos during the Vietnam war.

Air force is to protect Air-space...but on this issue it true ...that GOV. is accountable for passing a order...

What is Air-force just go ahead and bring down those Drones ...but what about the after-match.... what if US will come more harsher... then people will seek answers from Gov and the air-force....

Khaki Apologist? So what?

Whatever forced it, I applaud the PA to present itself in front of Parliament and answer questions; this step also confirms my theory which I have been mentioning in several of my previous posts, that, for the first time in Pakistan's history, PA is acting according to the requirement and directions of Political Government.

I think, PA has decide that they are not going to take blame anymore by initiating another martial law, they are letting the people decide whether their "loved" politicians are capable enough to run this country. Raymond Davis and other current events have proven that they are not..

It has been the longest "democratic" rule after Zia's Martial law; I don't think people have suffered more, ever, in the history of Pakistan. At least in my adult life i have never seen such disastrous condition.

PA, though was not asked to by the Govt., decided to show its willingness to stay as a state-supporting force, rather than state-running force, they decided to put themselves in front of a "democratic" Govt. and allowed themselves to be answerable for the events..

Many would say that it is a political stunt, to move all the blame on democratic Govt., fact of the matter is, It Is Govt.'s blame to bear. As far as i remember, never in the history of Pakistan, has ISI allowed any visa to be issued to a foreigner without proper clearance. Never has it ever allowed "cowboys" to freely roam inside the country.. If the "cowboys" are inside the country, it was THIS political Govt. who issued visas.. now its their burden to bear.. I’m sorry from the nation, but it’s their burden to bear too..

Monkeys, sitting in parliament, are NOW responsible to respond according to the will of people of Pakistan, they HAVE to change their behaviour; they HAVE to decide whether they want to commit political suicide or they want a brighter future? for themselves, for people of Pakistan and for the country.. PA has shown its intentions, it WILL SAVE the country's borders, it will respond to any terror threat, only WHEN the democratic Govt. asks for it..

PA has also clarified, by its actions, that it has no intention to intervene in "political process".. it will act as per the wishes of Political government..

Now its up to the Govt. to decide what to do.. and if they can't.. then its up to the People of Pakistan to bring the change "democratically"..

Kudos for taking the brave decision.. For once, instead of cleaning the mess and taking the blame, they are letting people clean by themselves..

People of Pakistan have to understand now, that..

Load shedding of Gas and Electricity is not PA's fault..
Inflation and rise in price of day-to-day necessities is not PA's fault..
Corruption is not PA's fault..
Kabza Mafia is not PA's fault..
Bad Foreign Policy is not PA's fault..
Bad Education system is not PA's fault..
Bad Health service is not PA's fault..
Law and order situation is not PA's fault..
Extra Judicial killing is not PA's fault..

These all fall under the jurisdiction of "democratically" elected "political government".. so the decision is in your hands now! Supreme court has already helped you out in betterment of democracy by excluding 37 million fake votes..

Decision is yours.. what are you gonna do?

Are you gonna wait for next two years and let time decide your future? or
Are you gonna wake up and force the democratic government to do what is best for the country?

As far as i can see, PA is not going to come and save you this time from internal mess.. it has done it many times, and has taken a lot of blames for it.. It’s time that we decide our future once in for all..

This would not be a wise move for Pakistan. Fist off you have your own country men blowing up your fellow countrymen and these drones are killing these terrorists. Secondly, this is complete B.S. these drones are launched from Pakistan and the targets are layed out by the ISI.

This would not be a wise move for Pakistan. Fist off you have your own country men blowing up your fellow countrymen and these drones are killing these terrorists. Secondly, this is complete B.S. these drones are launched from Pakistan and the targets are layed out by the ISI.

though you don't have any stake in Pakistan, you haven't ever been to Pakistan, You don't know the culture of Pakistan, You can't even distinguish between a punjabi, pathan, sindhi, balochi.. but u still are here to comment.. Go home.. leave us alone.. we'll tackle our problems ourself..

though you don't have any stake in Pakistan, you haven't ever been to Pakistan, You don't know the culture of Pakistan, You can't even distinguish between a punjabi, pathan, sindhi, balochi.. but u still are here to comment.. Go home.. leave us alone.. we'll tackle our problems ourself..

No I have not ever been to Pakistan but I can assure you there are alot of soliders across the border in Afghanistan itching to visit Pakistan, especially those on the border who witness what your Pakistani soilders do when they see militants cross the border...and that is NOTHING.

No I have not ever been to Pakistan but I can assure you there are alot of soliders across the border in Afghanistan itching to visit Pakistan, especially those on the border who witness what your Pakistani soilders do when they see militants cross the border...and that is NOTHING.

and your source of information is? same who informed you of 9/11, WMDs and OBL's drama? and you still believe them? Amazingly ignorant..

Khaki Apologist? So what?

People of Pakistan have to understand now, that..

Load shedding of Gas and Electricity is not PA's fault..
Inflation and rise in price of day-to-day necessities is not PA's fault..
Corruption is not PA's fault..
Kabza Mafia is not PA's fault..
Bad Foreign Policy is not PA's fault..
Bad Education system is not PA's fault..
Bad Health service is not PA's fault..
Law and order situation is not PA's fault..
Extra Judicial killing is not PA's fault..

Please read this too:

The party is over

By Shada Islam | From the Newspaper

MUCH of the world’s goodwill and patience as regards Pakistan has run out. Let’s not kid anyone: for all the bravado being shown by the country’s discredited politicians and military brass, Pakistan’s reputation has hit rock bottom. It is not going to recover for some time unless the country’s leaders agree to make a fresh start.

Those who have got the country in this awful mess will most likely find safe haven elsewhere, leaving behind a nation shattered by the ruling classes’ duplicity and/or stupidity in failing to deal with religious extremism and mismanagement of the economy. Ever since Osama Bin Laden was killed, found living practically next door to the military academy in Abbottabad, like many other Pakistan-watchers, I have followed developments in Pakistan with a rising sense of anger, frustration — and grim amusement.

The Pakistani political and military establishment’s ability to delude themselves over their reputation and the country’s role in the world has always amazed me. My columns have often struggled to reflect how people outside Pakistan — including EU officials, ordinary Europeans and many members of the Pakistani diaspora — really view the country, what they actually say when the ministers and diplomats have left the room and they know they can talk freely and off-the-record to a journalist.

I’ve always believed it counterproductive to live in a state of denial. But that appears to be the permanent state of mind of many in Pakistan, the general belief being that if you say it loudly enough, often enough and to as many possible as possible, somehow an illusion can turn into reality. Unfortunately, the real world does not work like that. So here’s my modest attempt to distinguish between myth and reality in an honest worldview of post-Osama Pakistan.

— The US operation against Osama is an ‘embarrassment’ for Pakistan. No it isn’t: it is a humiliation, a slap in the face for the country’s leaders — civilian and military — who have been shown to be either duplicitous and/or clueless. I’m frankly not sure what is worse. Instead of trying to strut their stuff, Pakistani policymakers should be apologising to the nation — and to the rest of the world — for having willingly or unwittingly misled everyone for the last 10 years.

— As in the past, Pakistan will be able to overcome negative world opinion. Not really, not this time. Pakistan’s reputation — not really that bright at the best of times — has taken a very strong blow. Rebuilding global goodwill will be an uphill struggle for even the best-paid American PR firms, not to mention Pakistan’s beleaguered diplomats.

— People forget. Again, not this time. There have always been suspicions about the Pakistani security services’ ability to ‘look two ways’: clamp down on the terrorist groups that they do not like while helping and ‘nurturing’ those they see as ‘foreign policy tools’ to project Pakistani influence in Afghanistan and India. The Osama episode proves that global misgivings about Pakistan’s double game were right. Good luck to those who try correcting that impression.

— Pakistan is an important, indispensable nation. Whatever it does, it will be forgiven. After all, the US administration has promised to keep providing aid and the EU has said that the country needs “more support than ever”. Yes, some people do believe that Pakistan’s help is needed to stabilise Afghanistan, especially in view of US plans to withdraw in 2014. But others in the US and Europe — especially in Congress and the European Parliament — disagree with that view and believe it’s time to put relations with Islamabad on the back burner. The result of the debate will depend on how Pakistani leaders conduct themselves in the coming weeks and months.

— As Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said, this is an “intelligence failure of the world”. Well done, Mr Gilani. Passing the buck is an old Pakistani tactic and the speechwriter who came up with this argument probably deserves a medal. But this is really Pakistan’s failure. Mr Gilani and others should take responsibility for it, and do better in dealing with the many terrorist networks still operating inside and outside the country.

— The Pakistan Army works in the country’s national interest. It probably does but I have often wondered when Pakistan would wake up and question the myth that the army and security services are the only stabilising forces in Pakistan. Let’s be frank: Pakistan is in this mess over Osama — and more generally as regards the fragility of its institutions — because the security forces have played hide-and-seek with Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups and disseminated a fictional narrative of power and authority to Pakistanis and the rest of the world.

— The civilian leaders deserve world support. Yes, but only to a point. Civilian governments in Pakistan have given democracy a bad name, led a trusting population up the garden path and filled their pockets with ill-gotten gains. If they want public support, Pakistan’s civilian leaders must come clean over past mistakes, assert their authority over the military and get the economy in order.

In other words, it’s time to wake up and get to work. Pakistan’s ruling elite has to stop pretending it can keep living in a twilight world of ambiguity and half-truths. With honest leaders, countries can change their destinies and restore their reputations.

Pakistan’s long-suffering population deserves a better future.

The writer is Dawn’s correspondent in Brussels.

and your source of information is? same who informed you of 9/11, WMDs and OBL's drama? and you still believe them? Amazingly ignorant..

What source? How can you people be so naive? Your own government is lying to your face and behind closed doors is allowing drone attacks. Your government supports the Taliban in Afghanistan, abeit for its "national security interests" but nonetheless it supports the taliban that are "pro Pakistan."

Back
Top Bottom