What's new

DRDO UAV Projects

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
After successful development of Pilotless Target Aircraft (PTA), Lakshya; Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), Nishant; Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV Rustom-I; and various mini and micro UAVs, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has stepped up for development of the following UAVs

• Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV-Rustom-ll.
• High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) UAV.
• Rotary Wing UAV.
• High Speed Expendable Aerial Target.

The present status of Rustom-I and II projects are given below:-

Rustom-1: Major objectives, like taxi take off and landing, endurance and altitude of this Technology Demonstrator have been accomplished through a total of 26 flights conducted so far. Further flights are planned to evaluate its payload capabilities.

Rustom-2: The project is progressing as per schedule with active participation of the Users. Preliminary Design Reviews and most of the Critical Design Reviews have been completed. Its first flight is likely to be commenced during mid-2014.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri NaranbhaiKachhadiain Lok Sabha today.

HS/HH/RK
(Release ID :94896)

DozRmUn.jpg

JpSPO7f.jpg

tveUZqq.jpg

S9N5VSe.jpg
lzk3z81.jpg

r3MxTGC.jpg

6nNmd6E.jpg

ICkbgdV.jpg

FAX9ciL.jpg

SWDmPP9.jpg

Last edited:
Why does the Rustom II look larger in taxi trials and smaller in the DefExpo pics? Was anyone able to confirm if the model shown there was a 1:1 replica or not?

Why does the Rustom II look larger in taxi trials and smaller in the DefExpo pics? Was anyone able to confirm if the model shown there was a 1:1 replica or not?

Doesn't look that different to me when you compare the size of the people next to it:

DSC08493-776202.JPG

Why no mention of AURA UCAV??

Long shot and way too early to get any useful infos on that now. Rustom 2 development and experience will be the key to AURAs basics.

Doesn't look that different to me when you compare the size of the people next to it:

DSC08493-776202.JPG

In this case, the men are standing behind the UAV, and consequently look smaller than it. But look at the pics from the taxi trials where the men are standing in front of it and yet appear small.

Was anyone able to confirm if this is indeed the actual UAV or full-size scale model?

In this case, the men are standing behind the UAV, and consequently look smaller than it.

Compare it with this:

FAX9ciL.jpg

In both pics the heads hardly reach over the wings isn't it? And they are taken from a longer distance than at the Defexpo, which changes the visual too.

Also those two props look way too bulky. Even the engine mounts are not aerodynamic. With a very amateur knowledge in hobby RC flying, A pusher prop will lead to a higher flight/loiter time but lesser maneuverability. But this is supposed to be a medium endurance high flying recon vehicle right ?? Then why dose it needs two large props and such a large surface as tail fin ??

Also those two props look way too bulky. Even the engine mounts are not aerodynamic. With a very amateur knowledge in hobby RC flying, A pusher prop will lead to a higher flight/loiter time but lesser maneuverability. But this is supposed to be a medium endurance high flying recon vehicle right ?? Then why dose it needs two large props and such a large surface as tail fin ??

That section houses the landing gear + engine. Even then it looks pretty big.

DSC07240-718724.JPG

IMG_0963.jpg

I hope it'll look more like this.

It's UAV so it means it it can't attack and is for just surveillance right?

It'll be armed.

Back
Top Bottom