What's new

DRDO plans advanced missiles

What is a Nano missile? Do you put a solid booster rocket on a hand grenade and launch it from aircraft? :blink:

@ Tangent Micro and nano-missiles uses MEMS [micro-electromechanical systems] and NEMS [nano-electromechanical systems] technologies...

No use of MEMs and NEMs in a missile, other than the guidance system.

@ Tangent Micro and nano-missiles uses MEMS [micro-electromechanical systems] and NEMS [nano-electromechanical systems] technologies...
..Thanks...
..so I infer that any missile which uses these subsystem can be called Nano missile..be it SAM, AAM...etc.
But,this is the Goal of all missile projects to minimize the weight , cost of an missile.. e.g Prithvi..
So,, can I call Prithvi (improved) a Nano missile..:undecided:

The different missiles said in the report are

1. 300 km range SAM

2. 300 km range AAM

3. 400 km range ALCM

4. subsonic SLCM

5. supersonic SLCM

6. low-weight nano missile

Good work by DRDO.....:tup:

No work had started except bragging. Don't you wish for more work and less "planning"? It's time to get existing project completed first.

Good luck to DRDO.

But these guies need to learn to SHUT UP. first at least get somthing to the testing phase then tal about it.

I totally agree. Let the results do all the talking. A video of a successful test worth a thousand words.

Question for readers... If we run a poll across the world, wouldn't DRDO feature as the lousiest loud-mouth defense research organization across the world? Chinese Analyst and internet vigilantes community (not the real defense research wing, I would dare say) would still come a close second to DRDO... (and this is in a light vein folks) ;)

Great news :tup:
DRDO's reputation with missiles is so far good. Hope they keep it that way good luck.
@faithfulguy : as I said before have some faith dude ;) why are you so obsessed with our DRDO ???
And please do you want to say that work force working on the other projects is going to be diverted to these projects ??? I hope you know it's NOT like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
gud luck to drdo.nowadays their projects are maturing at a much faster pace.they shud increase their payscale and hire guys from IITs to further the pace of research.

No work had started except bragging. Don't you wish for more work and less "planning"? It's time to get existing project completed first.
I totally agree. Let the results do all the talking. A video of a successful test worth a thousand words.

......................50 cents propaganda army strikes again :coffee:........................

Nano Missile ????
What is this and it's purpose..???
Nano ..is the range ? warhead or the cost ??
I ..GUESS..it's the cost...could it be dumb bombs with 'little' intelligence ? or semi dumb bombs ??

This will be for the UCAVs, similar to Lockheed Scorpion

Finally. We are thinking strategically. Missiles are best deterrent, our best offence, our best defence.

Better late than never.

Took you a while to figure this **** out...

tujhko mirchi lagi toh main kya karun!!
smiley6882.gif

DRDO Rocks!
smiley-dance013.gif

agni.jpg

tujhko mirchi lagi toh main kya karun!!
smiley6882.gif

DRDO Rocks!
smiley-dance013.gif

agni.jpg

These are the kind of missile that Indian media should be talking about.
get these missiles working first before talking about the pies in the sky

These are the kind of missile that Indian media should be talking about.
get these missiles working first before talking about the pies in the sky

The missiles and rockets shown above are operational ones .

Better late than never.

Took you a while to figure this **** out...

Nah not me. I knew from day one. The gov of India was the sole factor slowing us down. It seems the handcuffs have come off and there have been huge changes in the bureaucracy and less interference.

Nah not me. I knew from day one. The gov of India was the sole factor slowing us down. It seems the handcuffs have come off and there have been huge changes in the bureaucracy and less interference.

Or more cash has become available now?

Back
Top Bottom