What's new

DRDO CHIEF INTERVIEW P2: Confident About UCAV, Kaveri On Board

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
USAV1.jpg

India's classified Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (USAV) is making steady progress in its drawing board phase, with several key technologies in the process of maturing.

In his exclusive interview to Livefist, DRDO chief Dr Avinash Chander, when asked specifically about unmanned programmes, said, "We are working on a high stealth capability, optimising the weapon carrying capability. Various elements have been identified. It is not a 'formal project' at the moment. Before we come to that, we have to get a lot of enabling technologies. We are looking at those areas. Once we are confident of that, we will take up the project."

The secret USAV programme was first revealed on Livefist three years ago.

Dr Chander also confirmed that the Kaveri turbofan would power the future UCAV. "We are focusing now on platforms that can carry weapons, with more intelligence and more powerful. That is where we feel the Kaveri engine is going to be one of the key parameters. Efforts we put in to the engine are s going to be very handy," he said.

In June last year I posted the first ever images from the official design phase of the USAV, post aerodynamic shape optimization and design optimization (the first depicting the AURA/USAV with its internal weapons bays, weapons and intake-exhaust architecture). I had earlier scooped some preliminary impressions of the USAV. The guesswork impressions I commissioned from digital artist Anurag Rana pretty much match how the vehicle is turning out.

Link - Livefist: DRDO CHIEF INTERVIEW P2: Confident About UCAV, Kaveri On Board

Well it's good thing that we develop our own UCAVs

it would fulfill 2 important purpose

1) Indigenoius UCAV we would develop as future belongs to them

2) most important India's Kaveri engine project wouldnt go in vain

So India's UCAV should have 2 succeed to fulfill these important objectives

CHEERS

Well it's good thing that we develop our own UCAVs

it would fulfill 2 important purpose

1) Indigenoius UCAV we would develop as future belongs to them

2) most important India's Kaveri engine project wouldnt go in vain

So India's UCAV should have 2 succeed to fulfill these important objectives

CHEERS

Somnath ji, at least let them first call their kameti first.

After calling a kameti, they will send a parpojal for engines, which will take eons.

Remember we don't even have Lakshya drones in required numbers.

Here we're talking about RQ-170 type drone which the US just made.

If DRDO makes this in time, I will run around naked in my colony in peak of the winter. :D

After calling a kameti, they will send a parpojal for engines, which will take eons.

If DRDO makes this in time, I will run around naked in my colony in peak of the winter. :D

No NO .. Tsheringji

actually there is a competiton going on between UPA government & DRDO kameti

who can mesemerize the audience better with their dreams but it is a taboo to ask when would they deliver their dreams.:rofl:

Yes DRDO can make winter clothes for u in time if u go naked in winter but UPA govt cannot
smiley-laughing024.gif

cheers

DRDO is a research agency. They do not handle production and its not their job.

Lakshya drones shortfall is not DRDO's responsibility nor its fault.

R&D globally is a black hole where money goes it and output is suspect.....there is no easy way out. Besides what is the budget for RQ-170 and what is the comparitive budget for our drone ? Is it even 1/50 ? .... more likely 1/100.

R&D globally is a black hole where money goes it and output is suspect.....there is no easy way out. Besides what is the budget for RQ-170 and what is the comparitive budget for our drone ? Is it even 1/50 ? .... more likely 1/100.

That's some justification... you got defending the government.

no one is talking about R&D... but the delivery of ANYTHING that has been promised in time.

Can you tell me which weapon platform has achieved that from sarkari agencies?

NONE.

It is, because they are the lead manufacturer and select the companies to produce the techs and parts, so they are responsible. But hat is also the main problem in India today! We have a research and a design agency (DRDO / ADA) as leading manufacturers, with no clue about project planning and production management and wonder why so many developments are delayed? It should be the other way around, REAL manufacturers should be in lead, with ADA/DRDO assisting them in the development, but that won't get you the PR in the media and the public of course and sadly status is one of the most important things in the Indian society.

P.S. On topic...

...excellent that they use Kaveri engine and that they go for a stealth UCAV, since both are highly important for Indian industry and forces, but with DRDO going for it alone again, I am suspicious about the possible outcome.
God damn it, ask the Israelis for a co-development!!!

P.S. On topic...

...excellent that they use Kaveri engine and that they go for a stealth UCAV, since both are highly important for Indian industry and forces, but with DRDO going for it alone again, I am suspicious about the possible outcome.
God damn it, ask the Israelis for a co-development!!!

But then they will not get the credit for indigenous development .

But then they will not get the credit for indigenous development .

Exactly, but India would be safer and I hope MoD finally understands that the later is more important than wasting years and millions on DRDOs promises.

Exactly, but India would be safer and I hope MoD finally understands that the later is more important than wasting years and millions on DRDOs promises.

MoD is not going to understand it neither is DRDO .

Some of those babus in both DRDO and MoD cares more for credit rather than country .

MoD is not going to understand it neither is DRDO .

Some of those babus in both DRDO and MoD cares more for credit rather than country .

I do think MoD knows it, the recent attacks from Antony to ADA, DRDO and HAL were in that direction, but they have a too easy policy towards the indigenous industry and the forces, which are actually free to do what they want. There is nobody that actually guides them into the right directions, or is managing the whole thing, be it the effective use of combined force, be it a combined procurement policy, or even common aims of the industry and the forces for the sake of Indias security and the AMCA proposal is the best example for that (a development that sounds good, but is not needed of IAF)!

Are you Kidding................

And if this project is supposed to be powered with Kaveri then you people have to wait for 2 decade.......:P

May I know the reason for taking 2 decades if powered by kaveri ???

As Kaveri is producing 50KN of dry thrust good enough to power UCAV. And with no wet thrust included, it will exhaust far lesser heat to the environment enabling it to play more like 5th gen fighter engines.

So don't come just to troll or talk BS:astagh:. If you need to talk BS, go to the cr@p thread of jf-17:cuckoo:, and claim anything like the next fighter of jf-17 will get AESA radar:blah:,or jf-17 defeated F-16 in exercise:blah: and see everybody will start celebrating:cheers: and no one will ask for source or proof even:hitwall:. And if by mistake 1 out of 100 even ask for it:raise:, you can easily say, that information is classified.:no::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom