What's new

Doubts on JF17 - What is the life span of JF17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice man nice that you dint . And by the way I think terms of life span of jf17 has changed due to some wired reason ( to find a buyer?) I still remember the days when debate was focused on this very issues . But am sure the involvement of composite materials are too low to achieve 25 years of fatigue and replacement of bad section means replacement of major or entire airframe for jf17 . Do u agree with it ? If no then we all call it a day and go with OEM If yes then our common sense prevailed

Well i guess you missed the key point, as mentioned, it is not ALL about composites. :) Understand that and we can say that common sense prevailed! Also please stick to one figure, jumping from 16 years to 25 now? As an Indian member here stated, the aircraft life span in more about flight hours so discussing that in years do not tells us much about the plane in the first place. Also can you please tell us why are you so desperately trying to draw a comparison between tejas and JF-17? I don't think IAF is worried at all about Tejas life span, specially the way it travels these day :P

Hi,

Why are you Pakistani guys going on the defensive on the life span of the JF 17---. You cannot even discuss your potent front line aircraft---you guys have no clue how to work the discussion to your advantage---.
Sir, not being defensive. Just trying to talk some sense but yeah i guess you are right. It do not seems to be working much. The ambitions are clear and nothing will really help now.

Well i guess you missed the key point, as mentioned, it is not ALL about composites. :) Understand that and we can say that common sense prevailed! Also please stick to one figure, jumping from 16 years to 25 now? As an Indian member here stated, the aircraft life span in more about flight hours so discussing that in years do not tells us much about the plane in the first place. Also can you please tell us why are you so desperately trying to draw a comparison between tejas and JF-17? I don't think IAF is worried at all about Tejas life span, specially the way it travels these day :P

Sir, not being defensive. Just trying to talk some sense but yeah i guess you are right. It do not seems to be working much. The ambitions are clear and nothing will really help now.

1) Fatigue of airframe and life span are interlocked . More composite means more serviceability of airframe . So I really wonder how JF17 been given the 25 years tag which I seriously and honestly deny it.

2) Why am comparing with tejas ? Come on man of course both are competitive what else . And am not jumping 16 - 25 I still stick with that . The point is its been changed in recent times even without any major changes with the airframe . This is really suspicious .

:D

Actually Tejas can last for 300 years because life diminishes with flying hours

your Chinese media friends must have said 1.6 years, but being the fucking idiot you are, you thought it was 16, btw all the Block one's inducted so far have already been grounded.

Ho ho ! Why to swear ? We are civilised and we agree to disagree . You must watch Bajrangi bhai Jaan at least once ;) Even though another facking Khan from India portrait Pakistanis in a lime light yet you can learn to spread love than facking around with your duck out :P

Since its built in 2000s it doesn't mean it should have more life span than above 2000s fighter . It's all about how much composite involved

How much composite material used in F16 a/b? and did you know that its air frame life span is 5000 or 30 year which ever come first. Now please tell me how do you relate that with life span.

The life span of JF17 block 1 is 4000 hours and it is further improve in block 2, but no official figure given

Yes JFT has a life of 6 year... It's a crappy jet.. Good option for cash strappe nations .. You should know Atleast induct 8th gen LCA and bring it atleast on par with crappy JFT... (Which by the way is being upgraded to BLKII)

Little doubt 3 Indian generation already gone. Are you including those also.

The way you talk sounds like Chinese are selling jf17 the 4th gen jet for charity . High quality but only 25 mil

No need to get emotional here how much composite parts are involved in both tejas and jf17 ? In terms of percentage and how both have sane life span with different composition of composite material ?

It is time you stop trolling or soon you will get proper medicine from PDF members

Doubts on JF17 - What is the overall life span of JF17. I read somewhere it's around just 16 years ? Is it true ?

Earlier service life for JF-17 was set at 3000 hrs (but it is believe that JF-17 went for structural modification/up-gradation after the accident which resulted in the increase of service life)
YPLB9XA (e).JPG

Service life of jets are measured in 'number of flying hours' not in years most of the Air force fly their jet for 150 to 200 hours per years therefore going by this standard

3000/150= 20 Years or 3000/200 = 15 Years

And can anyone help me out with tejas life span as well?

Current service life of Tejas Jet is 1000 hrs against the required standard of 3000
Tejas Service life.JPG

Last edited:
The life span of tejas is 3000 hours/30 years as stated by P.Subramanyam earlier this month

Doubts on JF17 - What is the overall life span of JF17. I read somewhere it's around just 16 years ? Is it true ?

And can anyone help me out with tejas life span as well?
According to PAEC, every JF-17 that rolls out from the factory has '7 janam' 8-)

I don't want to disclose the details but I have some friends in Chinese media . Who said life span of jf17 is not more than 16 years due to less composite . Am from the media . Our other correspondent said teas has more composite material than jf17 .
they are correct
you should have listened to them and that would have saved you from creating a thread

since Tejas depends on its composite material and Truck Platform its life span is unlimited as long as it stay on the back of the truck. where as JF-17 is burning up its flight hours due to its airshows abroad and airstrikes in tribal areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom