What's new

Donors halt Pakistan cash

Public Debt rate

2010 58.7%

2011 57.2% (will reduce) as forecast

Currently Pakistan government borrowing 2 billion rupees (US$23.4 million) per day from the central bank to run its affairs.

That mean Public Debt will become 60% Soon

what should the army defenders do with a crazy 8 tyms more populated nation next door???

Stop deluding yourself. India has far better things to do, like focus on its growing economy rather than attack a sinking ship like Pakistan. Your military is responsible for the mess your country is in and the resulting paranoia/confusion that seems to have afflicted every soul in your nation. Pakistan needs to get its priorities straight.

I don't understand how a nation can afford to increase its fissile stockpiles and at the same time find itself knocking on the doors of every monetary organization looking for financial aid.

This isn't about threat perception, as that would lead one to assume war is imminent, its about an absolute lack of leadership and short sightedness. India is busy positioning itself as a potential UNSC permanent member so war at this stage is beyond unlikely. In any case, how can Pakistan 'counter' India if it's on economic life support from the IMF? Doesn't it make sense then to divert some of its financial resources away from the military and focus on battling the Taliban and reviving the economy?

This has every bit to do with your nukes as it does with your economy. If my tax dollars are being spent on keeping your country afloat I'd like to know if your leaders have a viable, long term solution to your economic woes.

^ Ah please, give me a break. I am not going to comment on the usual diatribe such as sinking ship, military being responsible for whatever you say, military taking too much resources (LOL), nukes, etc, as we've been over that nonsense that some Indians spew every now and then, but the fact of the matter is that there's some truth in what the person you quoted said. India was acting very arrogantly and was quite close to war after 26/11.

Yes, you'll say the typical stuff such as terrorism coming from Pakistan and what not, but that's irrelevant here. Fact of the matter is, Indian government was still looking for a confrontation, and there was huge support among the public.

Btw, your tax dollars are going to help finance a war, not to help our economy.

Last edited:
Stop deluding yourself. India has far better things to do, like focus on its growing economy rather than attack a sinking ship like Pakistan. Your military is responsible for the mess your country is in and the resulting paranoia/confusion that seems to have afflicted every soul in your nation. Pakistan needs to get its priorities straight.

I don't understand how a nation can afford to increase its fissile stockpiles and at the same time find itself knocking on the doors of every monetary organization looking for financial aid.

This isn't about threat perception, as that would lead one to assume war is imminent, its about an absolute lack of leadership and short sightedness. India is busy positioning itself as a potential UNSC permanent member so war at this stage is beyond unlikely. In any case, how can Pakistan 'counter' India if it's on economic life support from the IMF? Doesn't it make sense then to divert some of its financial resources away from the military and focus on battling the Taliban and reviving the economy?

This has every bit to do with your nukes as it does with your economy. If my tax dollars are being spent on keeping your country afloat I'd like to know if your leaders have a viable, long term solution to your economic woes.

Well that was one big rant :disagree:

Pakistan should focus more on its economy than spending huge amounts on non-existant cash trying to combat ghosts. Not to mention the poor leadership and international reluctance to invest in Pakistan. To the guy, who said India is responsible....well, i'd like to think so too, but unfortunately pakistan is where it is now with hardwork, dedication and perseverence of your leaders and public.

Bharatis will ALWAYS discuss our defense spending and tie it to our problems. It's in their interest to do so. Unfortunately, little do they realize (some might still realize it but nevertheless act ignorant because it works in their favour) that we spend the same % of our GDP on defence as the global average, and the same as USA.

Also, why are so many Indians worried about Pakistan - including things in Pakistan that have little effect on India? If some Pakistani starts a thread about problems in India, these same Indians guys are quick to say that you should worry about your own country, look at your own country, etc.

Back
Top Bottom