What's new

Does Pakistan need whole Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir region?

Some are pro Pakistan and some are for independence. This is what I have observed.
I can understand independence since Pakistani politics are corrupt.
If they want to be independent because Pakistani politic is corrupt then why Pakistan is struggling for their freedom movement since 1947 and had three wars over Kashmir issue

If they want to be independent because Pakistani politic is corrupt then why Pakistan is struggling for their freedom movement since 1947 and had three wars over Kashmir issue

Because Pakistan wants Kashmir to be part of Pakistan. Kashmir belongs to Pakistan's identity.
Also there are pro Pakistan Kashmiris also.
Many of those know that corrupt politics can be changed. Corrupt politics doesn't mean your country is bad and you have to abandon it.
But many people do that just like some Kashmiris who want independence.

Because Pakistan wants Kashmir to be part of Pakistan. Kashmir belongs to Pakistan's identity.
Also there are pro Pakistan Kashmiris also.
Many of those know that corrupt politics can be changed. Corrupt politics doesn't mean your country is bad and you have to abandon it.
I guess Pakistan say kasmir issue should be resolve according to wishes of Kashmiri but i don't know why all pro Pakistan kashmiri only exist in Pakistan and i had different experience with Kashmiri in Europe and that include Kashmiri from boht side ..they are neither pro India or pro Pakistan even though they share same religion with pakistani

Landlocked independent Kashmir is stupid idea IMO. In that case Kashmiris of valley are better off with India. For what ever reason Jammu region is economically better compared to valley of Kashmir.

So if Kashmiris want independence then current status quo is best one with article 370 intact. They get budget from Delhi without contribuiting much plus article 370 mean their culture is intact.

Whatever the Kashmiris want, Pakistan will respect their decision. All we care about is if they are allowed to live dignified lives with freedom of choice.

Naturally I would like them to think about joining with a nuclear Muslim federation who have always been by their side ready to die for them.

Each petal represents a province of Pakistan. The little petal in the middle is Kashmir, once we are reunited it will bloom and join the other petals.

1205271114321pakistan_monument_small_ti.jpg

Kargil is actually an extension of Baltistan if I am not wrong

Most of Kashmir Princely state region communities from Gilgit Baltistan to Valley etc strike a great natural balance b/w two major type of demographies of Pakistan by origin(both are in good proportion):one Originating from east and other west of Indus so they are granted importance and preservation of centuries old some of the most unique and rare cultures while in India it is matter of time the region(one of the last indus region of India) will demographically/genetically overrun (article 370 is saving lot of things in this regard ) This is my personal completely non religious opinion.BTW I am not advocating anything political or any solution.

Last edited:
Kargil is actually an extension of Baltistan if I am not wrong

Most of Kashmir Princely state region communities from Gilgit Baltistan to Valley etc strike a great natural balance b/w two major type of demographies of Pakistan by origin(both are in good proportion):one Originating from east and other west of Indus so they are granted importance and preservation of centuries old some of the most unique and rare cultures while in India it is matter of time the region(one of the last indus region of India) will demographically/genetically overrun (article 370 is saving lot of things in this regard ) This is my personal completely non religious opinion.BTW I am not advocating anything political or any solution.

I have to disagree with you with you regarding the article 370. I think the only people who benefit from segregation (yes I am calling it segregation) are the local 2 bit politicians. Indians can move to and live in any state yet Gujarat is dominated by Gujaratis, Maharastra by Marathis, Tamil Nadu by Tamil. In fact, the culture of a state or province actually spreads and becomes part of the main stream consciousness if there is movement of people. All the places which have special status within a country always seem to have a lot trouble integrating economically and socially. It is the local leaders who spread fear among the populace because they know while the people will be better off with integration, their influence will wane

India will never make it an independent state how come they will give it to Pakistan as part of Pakistan

Kashmir is the integral part of Pakistan.

India should give us Kashmir Valley, and finally end the drama.

Kashmir is a integral part of India. period

Jammu and Kashmir is a multi ethnic state.
In Kashmir valley there live the dardic people, the Kashmiris who are muslims.
In Ladakh there live the Ladakh people who are Sino Tibetan and are mainly buddhists.
In Jammu there live the Dogras, who are some kind of punjabi/mongolian mixture, who are mainly hindus.

In my opinion Pakistan needs only the Kashmir valley because:

1. Kashmiris are dardic people and related to the dardic people of Pakistan (Shinas and Chitralis) and in extend also to Pashtuns (East-Iranian people).
2. Kashmiris always were part of Pakistan's predecessor states (like the Sikh empire, Durrani empire or Indus valley civilisation etc.)
3. Kashmiris are Muslims

In conclusion Kashmiris share ethnical, historical, religious and cultural ties with all Pakistanis.

Whereas Ladakh and Jammu people don't share these connections.
Only thing Ladakh could be relevant is the Indus river which flows through Ladakh to China.

So do we need whole IO Jammu and Kashmir or only the Kashmir valley?

Here is also a map displaying the kashmir valley:

Kashmir_border.JPG
fir kab aa rahe ho?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom