What's new

Does Pakistan Need Secularism?

great

BANNED
Reaction score
I recently came upon this interesting video. It was astonishing to see the reaction of audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current government headed by zardari is very secular..look at their achievements.
Infact it is soo secular that our FM cannot even recite Surat ul Ikhlas properly! :woot:

Present Pakistan is neither Islamic nor secular. What Pakistan need actually depend on the needs of majority of its peoples. If i assume that Pakistan need secularism then there was no need for Muslims to ask for separate land Pakistan on basis of two nation theory because they could have share common secular state with India.

I personally don't mind living in either truly Islamic or truly secular state. The only disadvantage for secular state is that you get your religion limited to your personal life. I guess secularism is best option for multicultural society where there is not domination of one particular belief

Present Pakistan is neither Islamic nor secular. What Pakistan need actually depend on the needs of majority of its peoples. If i assume that Pakistan need secularism then there was no need for Muslims to ask for separate land Pakistan on basis of two nation theory because they could have share common secular state with India.

I personally don't mind living in either truly Islamic or truly secular state. The only disadvantage for secular state is that you get your religion limited to your personal life. I guess secularism is best option for multicultural society where there is not domination of one particular belief

We created Pakistan for muslims and our right to self determination , there is no place for secularism in our society and never will be. If Pakistan is to be a secular country than we should merge with India again -- whats the difference ?

Secularism or Communism , Pakistan can be well good without both of them Our country was Founded in the name of Islam and our true Identity and the secret of Prosperity is Islam. Islam Bound us all 5 Provinces together .Even every sensitive Pakistani and Muslim consider every Muslim-Country as his Home and Always wish good for them
Some may say the word MODERNISM ,that it is required for Prosperity of Pakistan .I ensure you that modernism is not just about way of speaking,clothes or Going to clubs etc.....
In fact modernism is the Creativity of Ideas , thinking of new ways and Experimenting them through out the Community . as our Quaid-e-azam said that
"Pakistan will be a Laboratory of ISLAM"
and we all know that there is more room in Islam For true MODERNISM then any other way of living Life.
even the PAKEEZGI of Islamic Life is attracting People from all over the world !
Because Islamic way of life is more then Morality

Aeronaut @That s what i said if you read my post carefully lol
By the way do you think constitution of Pakistan is not secular

Secularism my foot !

You'd know the gravity of your statement once the Aussies also start treating you the same way.

Throw you out of the train.

Write 'Dogs and Browns' only on the train compartments and cinema halls.

et cetera.

I wish it happens to you for once so you know what you are saying ACTUALLY means when undergone.

We created Pakistan for muslims and our right to self determination , there is no place for secularism in our society and never will be. If Pakistan is to be a secular country than we should merge with India again -- whats the difference ?

Who's 'we'?

If 'we' includes Jinnah then you could not be more wrong.

Smartypants i am talking about Pakistan not about Australia !

I know that much Angrezi, uncle. I know what you're talking about and what you're not talking about.

P.S. I am talking about Australia and not Pakistan. I want to you suffer what you want others to suffer.

Who's 'we'?

If 'we' includes Jinnah then you could not be more wrong.

You get mixed signals if you read the different speeches of our Quaid. Its all depend on our interpretation of his speeches. secular peoples read his speeches and claim that he wanted Pakistani as secular state while religious peoples quote his some speech and claim that he wanted Pakistan to be based on Islamic principles with freedom, security and equal right for peoples of different faiths

You get mixed signals if you read the different speeches of our Quaid. Its all depend on our interpretation of his speeches. secular peoples read his speeches and claim that he wanted Pakistani as secular state while religious peoples quote his some speech and claim that he wanted Pakistan to be based on Islamic principles with freedom, security and equal right for peoples of different faiths

I refuse to believe that Jinnah was so incompetent as to not have seen the inherent contradiction in this interpretation.

How can you be Islamic and secular at the same time?

I know that much Angrezi, uncle. I know what you're talking about and what you're not talking about.

P.S. I am talking about Australia and not Pakistan. I want to you suffer what you want others to suffer.

Stop acting like a lunatic where in my posts i have said anything to make anyone suffer?

Back
Top Bottom