What's new

Does India need ACC Killer Version of Shaurya/ Agni 1?

we need a meachnism to feed the missile mid course updates which I must say will be very difficult but the the coming of GLONASS/GAGAN, IN maybe able to that in IOR REGION and to some extent scs area as well..

air-launched brahmos will fill this role(if someone is thinking about range restriction)..no need for new kind of missiles..Russians and Americas researched and found that ASBM is not a practical approach,ASCM is far better and practical.until China proves DF-21D is effective,no need to waste money.see,what Taiwan did is built their Carrier killer based on Cruise missile.

the problem is Brahmos II wont come in before 2017

Shaurya is under going tests and will be inducted in 2 to 3 years

A 1 is already inducted

so having an ACC killer based on them is worth a try

CHINA developed DF-21 just becz they doesnt has the capability to counter the CBG of US-navy.
As far concern for INDIA, we dont have so immediate threat of USA & our ACC can take care of Chines one.

So development of ACC killer is just a waste of money. More than that I will go for LONG RANGE, HIGH SPEED CRUISE MISSILE(like HSTDV) as a base of ACC killer. I even cannot get that why they choose ballistic missile for that role.

well Brahmos II will have scram jet tech and wont have 300 KM range limit(source for bolded part> Oscar sir)

but it won come before 2017

and we can just build of ACC killer for TD and choose to to not produce it

Well.. the Indian CBG's need to worry less about chinese CBG's in those waters.. and more about swarms of these(and improved versions)
02-houbei-class-boat.jpg

armed with sufficient long range SSM's.. these boats pose a greater threat to an Indian Task force in those waters than a DF-21 or the like. They wont have to get too close..
But if they can manage to get within 100km of a IN CBG.. and suddenly create 25 or more tracks on the scope..
consternation and confusion will follow.

well Brahmos II will have scram jet tech and wont have 300 KM range limit(source for bolded part> Oscar sir)

source : the word hypersonic has not been mentioned in MTCR .. but theoretically all hypersonic missiles are also supersonic ...
SO, only a real war will reveal if the brahmos has more than 300km range

Buddy, when we have a ship-launched missile like Nirbhay with 1,000km range, we don't need Sagarika submarine-launched land-attack missile with 750km (the >1900km range may not apply to the sea-launched version IMO, as I've found no mention of it thus far, even is yes, at that range it could carry a very low payload of just > 200kg for all that complicated launch sequence, Nirbhay can be launched from ships, subs, aircraft and can carry a much higher payload of around 850kg upto 1000km).

The development of K-15 with a max payload range of only 750km doesn't make real sense (atleast for me) if it's purpose is just land-attack. But if for anti-carrier missions,s its gonna be perfect, a sub like Arihant can easily sneak up 750km within a CBG and launch upto 12 such missiles at one go (if all its silos are fitted with Sagarika). Arihant, IMHO will be made to carry a combo of long-range K-4 SLBM (3,500+km) and atleast a few Sagarikas for anti-ship role against critical enemy targets, which may include even DDGs from PLAN should they enter IOR.

It's my thinking that atleast 1 of our 3 Arihant-class SSBNs would be outfitted this way.

Nirbhay is subsonic, Sangria is hyper sonic SLBM

Nirbhay is low cost, many platform weapon

Sagrika is SLBM

Well.. the Indian CBG's need to worry less about chinese CBG's in those waters.. and more about swarms of these(and improved versions)
02-houbei-class-boat.jpg

armed with sufficient long range SSM's.. these boats pose a greater threat to an Indian Task force in those waters than a DF-21 or the like. They wont have to get too close..
But if they can manage to get within 100km of a IN CBG.. and suddenly create 25 or more tracks on the scope..

looks good

what is this? :confused:

02-houbei-class-boat.jpg

I doubt Houbei class missile boat have the range to come close to Indian AC

I doubt Houbei class missile boat have the range to come close to Indian AC

Operating from shallow waters and small islands which are prevalent in the IOR.. they could.
even then.. with a H-6 variant providing vectors .. they could launch Missiles much further out.

The Hindu : Today's Paper / NATIONAL : Anti-aircraft carrier variant of BrahMos successfully test-fired

We have an ACC variant of the BrahMos, designed after the BrahMos Block III variant (used in Himalayas).

Shaurya and Sagarika can be used against any ship. Both are sub-launched ballistic missiles.

Buddy, when we have a ship-launched missile like Nirbhay with 1,000km range, we don't need Sagarika submarine-launched land-attack missile with 750km (the >1900km range may not apply to the sea-launched version IMO, as I've found no mention of it thus far, even is yes, at that range it could carry a very low payload of just > 200kg for all that complicated launch sequence, Nirbhay can be launched from ships, subs, aircraft and can carry a much higher payload of around 850kg upto 1000km).

The development of K-15 with a max payload range of only 750km doesn't make real sense (atleast for me) if it's purpose is just land-attack. But if for anti-carrier missions,s its gonna be perfect, a sub like Arihant can easily sneak up 750km within a CBG and launch upto 12 such missiles at one go (if all its silos are fitted with Sagarika). Arihant, IMHO will be made to carry a combo of long-range K-4 SLBM (3,500+km) and atleast a few Sagarikas for anti-ship role against critical enemy targets, which may include even DDGs from PLAN should they enter IOR.

It's my thinking that atleast 1 of our 3 Arihant-class SSBNs would be outfitted this way.

We developed Sagarika bcoz BM r very hard to bring down as they travel at very high speed as in case of Sagarika its 7.5 mach whereas nirbhay is a subsonic missile

Plus Nirbhay is in developmental phase that too land version it will take atleast 5 years for DRDO to make a submarine version n make it operational so what do u think we r gonna equip our SSBMs with in the mean time

Other than that BM r for static targets n not for moving ones like AC. Its not that easy as u think or China boasts else US would have done it in 80s itself

PS- we r making total 4 Arihant class subs not 3. The 1st is facing sea trails n 2 more r in construction phase.

Plz make ur facts clear

Back
Top Bottom