What's new

Do you love the majestic "BIRYANI" ?

Come on Keralites show us what you got! We haven't yet started with sweets! :P

Who said that?...i am a Hindu and i eat every kind of meat..:chilli:

Hey, don't tell it to my mother.

NOTE: i said religious hindus, not just any hindu lol!

I've met religious Hindus back in the US and they abstain from any dish that contains ingredients from Animal meat or animal meat itself, just as i know a lot of Muslims that abstain from Harram food while i have met Muslims who drink alcohol even though they might abstain from harram food, so basically not everyone is the same. Some people tend to follow faith more than others.

BTW Jews only eat Kosher and abstain from non-Kosher foods.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

No his was Kerala dish, mine is Bengali. They probably cooked in a same manner though.

does the Bengali dish also contain fish?

Regarding the religious Hindu part, that strikes out the whole Bengali diaspora as religious Hindus. People here eat everything except beef and pork.

:eek:

Fish and Bengali are synonymous according to non-Bongs.

lol, that's true but the picture you posted doesn't really look like a fish! BTW why the leaf wrap??? Does it add to the taste??? Is the dish spicy???

Regarding the religious Hindu part, that strikes out the whole Bengali diaspora as religious Hindus. People here eat everything except beef and pork.

Maybe there's difference of opinion amongst Hindus (different sects?) just as there is difference of opinion amongst Muslims, some Muslims sects don't consider crab meat halal while others do.

Can anyone beat this thing......hell no!!!

prawn_malai_curry.JPG

Chingri malai curry. :smitten:

drooling_homer.png

lol, that's true but the picture you posted doesn't really look like a fish! BTW why the leaf wrap??? Does it add to the taste??? Is the dish spicy???

It makes the fish soft and let the spice sink in I guess(Skulls and Bones bro, any help? :D). Yeah it tastes bliss.

If mix the different types of massala and make it into a paste and apply it over the whole fish, and then you wrap it up with banana leaf, this will prevent the fish to get over fried while retaining the subtle and creamy flavor.And then fry it up. And banana leaves has many herbal properties, like relief from acidity, etc.

Now people will start fighting over their own biriyani, which one tastes better? :hitwall:

:rofl:

Of course everyone thinks theirs is the best, just love the moment when you lift the lid and the aroma goes right through the kitchen ;)

Never realised that the origin was Iran but i suppose the rose water should have been the hint.

Back
Top Bottom