What's new

Do Indians Have a Complex About Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
India is a country where the Prime Minister himself doesn't feel 'inferior' when he goes out with a broom to clean the streets, and a main opposition man tried to outdo him by cleaning the drains (if you sweep street, I will clean drain)...if any of your rulers can do something like this, come and talk about your 'superiority', until then you are an inferior to us...in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I like this aspect of Modi; it's a shame about his bigotry.

The ground reality then is that some part of Hindustan or the other had been ruled by Muslims for about 1,000 years, right until the establishment of the British Raj.

But those were rulers not forcefully converted muslim like you

I didn't get to watch the clip; it sounds like a case of girls being forced to convert before being married off.
That might happen in individual cases; it happens to Muslim girls as well. Social pressure affects everyone.
This was never a general policy of Muslims, though, when dealing with non-Muslims.
Your choice not to watch the clip says a lot about your selective amnesia...

But do try and read this: Forced conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like this aspect of Modi; it's a shame about his bigotry.

That is an aspect that many of Indian rulers have possessed- including Lal Bahadur Shastri. Why would a country that has frequently seen these leaders have any 'inferiority' about anything at all. Nothing else matters. In our society, the ideal ruler is someone who can clean the streets if needed (Gandhi would collect stray rocks for roads), why would we be concerned about lesser things/ people (like some sultan or nawab?)

@HughSlaman : I would answer you in this way, there is nothing in Islam that will make Indians to have a complex... Rather it could be other way round. In our Indian culture we have everything that Islam teaches but Islam dose not have the teachings of Indian culture.

PS: Do not mistake Indian Culture for Hinduism, Christianity or any other religion. Indian Culture is an amalgamation of all the religious beliefs. One enjoys Sheer Khurma during Eid as much as Rum cake on Christmas as much as Kheer on Diwali. Unless one is paralyzed by insecurity , they never cease to look at the world without the prism of Religion.

But those were rulers not forcefully converted muslim like you
I was not, nor have my ancestors ever been, forcefully converted to Islam.
And my own situation is irrelevant.
I am still trying to see what response people have to being ruled by Muslims for 1,000 years.
Evidently, this fact still hurts deep in the psyche of the modern Hindu; at least, this is the impression I get from reading some of these responses.

Why should Indians have a complex about our converted Hindu brothers?your ancestors were forcibly converted on the tip of the sword,but you are one of us

Please show us your central asian face .

So in all the muslim majority countries , people were forced to accept Islam . Nice logic sherlock .

Its a fashion in Pakistan to claim Arab, Turkish and Persian ancestry for sake of pride and every tom dick and harry also claim Kashmiri ancestry, as its too a status symbol because of their obsession with Kashmir. ;)

That is an aspect that many of Indian rulers have possessed- including Lal Bahadur Shastri. Why would a country that has frequently seen these leaders have any 'inferiority' about anything at all. Nothing else matters. In our society, the ideal ruler is someone who can clean the streets if needed (Gandhi would collect stray rocks for roads), why would we be concerned about lesser things/ people (like some sultan or nawab?)

This sort of humility was also seen in many Muslim rulers.

Its a fashion in Pakistan to claim Arab, Turkish and Persian ancestry for sake of pride and every tom dick and harry also claim Kashmiri ancestry, as its too a status symbol because of their obsession with Kashmir. ;)
I'm not concerned with ancestry. I am concerned with the truth. And that is Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom