What's new

Dilip Kumar’s home declared national heritage

I heard in interview that Vivek Oberoi and Hritick Roshan are from Gujrawala.
yes hithrick's family is from Gujranwala he is the grandson of music director roshan
Roshan was born in Gujranwala, Punjab, British India (now part of Punjab in Pakistan). He began music lessons at a young age, and later attended Marris College (Bhatkhande College of Music) in Lucknow under the training of Pt. S N Ratanjankar (Principal of the University). In the early 1940s, Khawaja Khurshid Anwar, Programme Producer/Music, AIR Delhi, hired Roshan as Staff Artist for Esraj, the instrument which he used to play.

Govinda's father is also from Gujranwala

Govinda’s father, Arun Ahuja, was born in pre-partition Gujranwala, Punjab, British India (in present-day Pakistan) on 26 January 1917.[9] He studied in an engineering college at Lahore. Veteran producer Mehboob Khan brought him to Mumbai in 1937 and cast him in Ek Hi Raasta as the leading man. Arun was notable for acting in Mehboob Khan's Aurat (1940).
Govinda (actor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amitabh bachchans's mother the late Teji bachchan was from Faisalabad she also was a teacher of psychology in khoob chand college, Lahore
Born into a Khatri Sikh Punjabi family[2] in Faisalabad, Punjab, British India, she was the daughter of Sardar Khajaan Singh, a barrister at Faisalabad.

She met Harivansh, then an English teacher, at the Allahabad University while she was teaching Psychology at Khoob Chand Degree College, Lahore, Pakistan
Teji Bachchan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@save_ghenda @W.11 @Sidak @Jungibaaz
@jbgt90 @nair @Bang Galore
1 a very big in fact one of the biggest Pakistani actor superstar who ruled lollywood at one time, came from south India can you name him ?
2 a legendary playback singer of Pakistan who's songs were also popular in India originally came from south India can you name him?

Last edited:
kader khan is from pishin , Baluchistan ,suresh oberoi is from Quetta, Baluchistan as for Raaj kumar
"jaani" woh loralai,Baluchistan se hai !

loralai, baluchistan is Raaj Kumar's place of birth, its a hilly & mountainous, place with a Anglo-south Asian history similar to the one you saw in his movie "Kudrat"

Thats true but he is a kashmiri pandat.

I heard in interview that Vivek Oberoi and Hritick Roshan are from Gujrawala.

Vivek is Suresh Oberoi's son & Hrithik's grandpa is from Gujranwala.

1 a very big in fact one of the biggest Pakistani actor superstar who ruled lollywood at one time, came from south India can you name him ?
2 a legendary playback singer of Pakistan who's songs were also popular in India originally came from south India can you name him?

ok since no one answered the trivia let me do the honors
1 ans : Pakistani legendry actor Nadeem was born in vijayawada, andhara Pradesh, south India
2 ans: legendery Pakistani singer Ahmed rushdi was born in Hyderabad Deccan, south India

Last edited:
1 ans : Pakistani legendry actor Nadeem was born in vijaybara, andhara Pradesh, south India
2 ans: legendery Pakistani singer Ahmed rushdi was born in Hyderabad Deccan, south India

I had no clue..... thanks any way....

1 ans : Pakistani legendry actor Nadeem was born in vijaybara, andhara Pradesh, south India

Do they have ancestral homes there to be saved?

or you are expecting one small plate to be installed in their ancestral towns?

Dilip Kumar humbled by Pakistan’s tribute – The Express Tribune

736002-DilipKumar-1405436545-491-640x480.JPG

Following the Pakistani government’s announcement of Dilip Kumar’s ancestral Peshawar home as a national heritage site, there’s a festive mood at the Kumar residence. The news was delivered to the veteran actor by his wife Saira Banu. “It is the highest tribute and a reward for his work. He was very happy and his broad smile manifested his gratitude. I could see tears of joy in his eyes,” she said, reported theHindustan Times.

According to reports, the Pakistani government will be organising an event in Peshawar, where Kumar’s ride from there to Bollywood will be showcased. “No one has approached us yet, but we would extend our help if needed,” Saira said.

Reportedly, this is an effort by Pakistan to strengthen relations with India and the government is planning to invite ‘Bollywood’s first couple’ to Pakistan. “We shall go if the occasion arises. It’s a huge honour for Sahib and he should be there personally. There are so many memories attached with that house,” Saira added.

Kumar has visited Pakistan twice since leaving the country as a child. “The first time was when former President Zia-Ul-Haque had invited him as a state guest, and the next time, when he got Pakistan’s highest civilian award, Nishaan-e-Pakistan, in 1998. That was also when we visited his ancestral home,” Saira shared. “Every year, his birthday is celebrated in that house by thousands of his well-wishers, and Sahib talks to them on call. They also visit us in India with stories from his birthplace. Those are his only connects with his childhood.”

Hinting on how the actor hasn’t been conferred the Bharat Ratna yet, which in India’s highest civilian award, Saira said: “It’d be wonderful if our government, too, would acknowledge his contributions.”

Published in The Express Tribune, July 16th, 2014.

I had no clue..... thanks any way....
yeh he's from there, you will be amazed, there are a lot of people from south Indian who came to Karachi, Pakistan, one of my best friends father came from Madras

Born in Vijayawada (Bezwada) which, in 1941, was part of Madras Presidency till 1953. Nadeem, along with artists Talat Hussein, M. Zaheer Khan, Aftab Azeem, Saleem Jafry, and TV producer Iqbal Haider, were all discovered at the club. He and his friends, Ameer Ahmed Khan and Qasim Siddiqui, won several music competitions. At one of those musical competitions, he was noticed by singer Ferdausi Rahman. She was impressed by his singing talent and encouraged him to try playback singing in Dhaka's film industry.[1]
Nadeem Baig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes hithrick's family is from Gujranwala he is the grandson of music director roshan

Govinda's father is also from Gujranwala

Amitabh bachchans's mother the late Teji bachchan was from Faisalabad she also was a teacher of psychology in khoob chand college, Lahore

No clue buddy :) do tell me ..

yeh he's from there, you will be amazed, there are a lot of people from south Indian who came to Karachi, Pakistan, one of my best friends father came from Madras

I have seen Nadeem Baig's movies on youtube although some of them were remake of Indians movies, I wanted to watch some Pakistani movies for timepass :sarcastic::sarcastic: . But old Pakistani movies seems good, the new one since 1980s seems complete crap. Old actors and actress looks look good but new actors-actresses look aged, fat and ugly. Also Punjabi movies are more noisy compared to Urdu movies.

I have seen Nadeem Baig's movies on youtube although some of them were remake of Indians movies, I wanted to watch some Pakistani movies for timepass :sarcastic::sarcastic: . But old Pakistani movies seems good, the new one since 1980s seems complete crap. Old actors and actress looks look good but new actors-actresses look aged, fat and ugly. Also Punjabi movies are more noisy compared to Urdu movies
You have good knowledge about Pakistan, I also observed that you understand many political social Jargoons we used them in daily life........But I warn you Dont watch Lollywood movies ...total waste of time, Watch old PTV Dramas

Because previous governments were nationalists and not Indians' agents! This Nawaz is hell bent to sell Pakistan to his Indian masters.
He is SOB, take him back to India :P

You have good knowledge about Pakistan, I also observed that you understand many political social Jargoons we used them in daily life........But I warn you Dont watch Lollywood movies ...total waste of time, Watch old PTV Dramas

He is SOB, take him back to India :P

As I told you I wanted to watch some Pakistani movies for timepass and good laugh, some of the Pakistani movies has its own class. :omghaha::omghaha:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom