What's new

Dilip Kumar’s home declared national heritage

BBC News - Indian media: Dilip Kumar's Pakistan home a heritage site

_76241663_dilipmainpic.jpg

Dilip Kumar (centre) recently launched his autobiography in Mumbai in the presence of his Bollywood colleagues

Media in India are praising Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's decision to declare legendary Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar's ancestral home as a national heritage site.

Yusuf Khan, who later became popular as Dilip Kumar, was born in Peshawar in now what is Pakistan.

The actor's family relocated to Mumbai in the late 1930s where he eventually took up acting as a profession.

"The family relocated to Mumbai in 1930s and in the early 1940s Yusuf Khan moved to Pune and started off with his canteen business and supplying dry fruits. He made his film debut in 1944," The Times of Indiareports.

Mr Sharif has instructed authorities to acquire 91-year-old Kumar's home in Peshawar's Qisa Khawani Bazaar, which is presently in a shabby condition, and convert it into a museum, reports say.

Most newspapers see Mr Sharif's decision as a goodwill gesture as a follow up to his recent India visit for the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"Mr Sharif believes the project would play an important role to bring people of Pakistan and India closer," a report in The Indian Expresssays.

"Sources say Mr Sharif was eager to promote the cultural relationship between India and Pakistan. He met the representatives of Indian film industry on his last visit to India," the report adds.

The Pakistan government is expected to invite Kumar for the inauguration ceremony, reports say.

In 1998, Pakistan had honoured Kumar with the title of Nishan-e-Imtiaz, the country's highest civilian award.

alright huys no more trolling

a trivia for Indian/Pakistani members

1: can you name a famous Bollywood actor known as comedy king who's parents migrated from Gujranwala & went to Mumbai ?
2: can you name a Bollywood legend who's mother was born in Faisalabad & went on to become a distinguished teacher of Psychology in Lahore's Khoob Chand Degree College ?
3: can you name a famous actor/director/producer also known as mr.bharat due to his patriotic movies born in Abbottabad ?
4:please name a beautiful famous actress who lost her eyesight born in Karachi ?
5:who is the famous actress from the 90's known as ravishing who's mother hailed from Karachi ?
6:please name a very famous family of producer /directors hails from Karachi that gave one of the biggest block buster of India ?
7:please name the director/producer who gave numerous romantic hits hails who from Lahore ?
8: please name the character actress from the 60's 70's born in Lahore, & a graduated from of Kinnaird collage Lahore ?
9: where was madan puri born ?
10:name a very famous villain born in Lahore who's catchy line were "Main wo bala hoon, jo sheshay se pathar ko todtee hai"
alright guys since no one answered the trivia I thought of answering it myself

ans 1:
Govinda ans 2: Amitab bachchan ( his mother late Teji bachchan was from Faisalabad)

asn 3
:Manoj kumar ans 4: Sadhana shivdasani

ans 5:
Raveena tondon ( her mother hailed from Karachi) ans 6: Sippy family

ans 7:
Yash chopra ans 8: Kamni kaushal

ans 9:
Madan puri was born in Lahore ans10: Prem chopra

The Most Funny Thing Is Our Own GOV dont Give a flying Fish about Our beloved Quaid s Place in UK old lady who owns that house is keeping it Just like it was when Quaid used it Shame on these idiots Shows how much they really respect that great man

*looks up Dilip Kumar in internet*

well F my life!

:( I will go sit in the corner with my Dunce cap :'(

@Proudpakistaniguy how come you guys know a lot of these actors ethnicity and bio? I just watch the movies, :lol:

Don't get hyper, there are other moments where Pakistani will abuse Indian films of these actors being danger to Pakistan. :omghaha::omghaha: Have a look. :lol::lol:

Ban Bollywood: Pakistan bigwigs
Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??
Cultural invasion of Pakistan

Last edited:
Don't know about Sunil Dutt, however, Raj Kapoor definitely deserves the honor..........

with all due respect sunil dutt deserves it as much as dilip saab.

You cannot erase the love and emotional connection of these people which they feel/felt for place of their birth. Watch what sunjay dutt say about his father sunil dutt love for Pakistan

[video]

First time i heard Sanjay speak Punjabi,not bad i thought he would be all bambayya hindi speaker alone.

I read somewhere that Raj Kumar was from Balochistan. Anyone have idea which part of Balochistan he used to belong.

Yes they are Pakistanis.

Arey hero,yeh khan woh khan uska baap ka kaan,sab puppets hain,kabhi nacho aise kabhi waise.

Unka auqaat itna hi hain,black money laundering bahut mushkil cheez hain,uska control toh dawood ke paas bhi nahi.

Look at Yousef Khan face and find me one bhaiya who look like him? :lol: Jinnah parents were migrants in Gujarat, Jinnah was born in Sindh aka pure land.

Sunil Dutt was apparently very near where we live, do you know their home place? We will make sure to declare it museum as well because Sunil Dutt was 100% pure.

Jhelum.

That was a rather pleasant gesture to make an icon's house into a national heritage house.

Good to see capable people get their due credit. Dilip sahab is a fabulous actor and is known for his legendary acting that had enthrals people of both India and Pakistan for decades.

hera mandi also declare national heritage at least its create job and earn taxes

with all due respect sunil dutt deserves it as much as dilip saab.

First time i heard Sanjay speak Punjabi,not bad i thought he would be all bambayya hindi speaker alone.
look like we got a Sunill dutt fan here, yeh I agree he deserves it, was great actor & a great human being

my personal favorite hits of his are "Geeta mara naam" & "Darinda" with "Padosan" coming after these two
I bought the video of these movies in the 90's recommended by my uncle, & have been his fan ever since

chahe ajj mijhe na pasand karo

:cheers:

I read somewhere that Raj Kumar was from Balochistan. Anyone have idea which part of Balochistan he used to belong.
kader khan is from pishin , Baluchistan ,suresh oberoi is from Quetta, Baluchistan as for Raaj kumar
"jaani" woh loralai,Baluchistan se hai !

loralai, baluchistan is Raaj Kumar's place of birth, its a hilly & mountainous, place with a Anglo-south Asian history similar to the one you saw in his movie "Kudrat"

kader khan is from pishin , Baluchistan ,suresh oberoi is from Quetta, Baluchistan as for Raaj kumar
"jaani" woh loralai,Baluchistan se hai !

loralai, baluchistan is Raaj Kumar's place of birth, its a hilly & mountainous, place with a Anglo-south Asian history similar to the one you saw in his movie "Kudrat"

I heard in interview that Vivek Oberoi and Hritick Roshan are from Gujrawala.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom