Dekha K 1 Baba G Gannay Ka Russ Nikaal Rahay Hain
Na Janay Dill Mein Kheyaal Aaya K Inn Se Sawal Poochon
Tou Main Ne Salam Keya Aur Ijazat Lae Kar Sawal Btaaya
He Thought & Replied!
“Muslim Wo Hai Jo ALLAH Ko Manta Hai”
Aur
“Momin Wo Hai Jo ALLAH Ki Manta Hai”.

There is a Hadees from theProphet PBUH.
One morning as the Prophet was sitting with the Sahaba, a man approached the prophet. He was very nicely dressed. he came and sat next to the prophet,and askput his hand on his knee. He thenm asked him.Oh Mohammad what is Islam?
The prophet(PBUH) replied. Bearing shadat that there is no one worthy of Worship except Allah ,believe that i am his last prophet, ESTABLISH 5 times prayers, keep fasts, give Zakaat, perform haj once at least in your life if you can afford it.
He then asked him(PBUH) what is Iman? The prophet replied @Belief in Allah, angels, his books, his Prophets, the day of judgement, and destiny of good and evil.
He then asked the Prophet(PBUH) what is Ehsaan? the prophet replied@To conduct oneself in a manner as if you are standing in front of Allah SWT at all times, and if not this then at least believe that Allah SWT is watching you at all times.
Once the man had gone away the prophet said the his Sahaba.@@Did you know who that was? No Ya Rasool Allaah . They replied. The prophet said that was J9brael and he had come to teach you about your deen.
It is important to understand that being a Muslim is not a guarantee to not being punished on the day of judgement. However, if you become a Momin, and are accepted in Allah SWT's court as such , you will not face hell fire. Most of us fall somewhere in the first category. it is important to try and ascend to the second category.
The other thing worthy of understanding is that the establishment of prayers is different from performing the prayers. Performing the prayer is an individual act. Once you have done that you need to make arrangements that whosoever is in your household performs his her prayers. Even if you are living with your parents, it is good to Give Azan in your House, and ask your elders and younger siblings to join you in prayers. This should not be an act of force ,but with kindness and compassion.
I hope this helps you in understanding the basic principles which govern our religion.
Jazaak Allah O khair
WaSalam
Araz

In layman terms 'momin' is a higher degree of subservience then a 'muslim' . In the quran Allah Almighty has specifically addressed some orders/warnings/glad tidings to 'momins' and some to 'muslims' .

In layman terms 'momin' is a higher degree of subservience then a 'muslim' . In the quran Allah Almighty has specifically addressed some orders/warnings/glad tidings to 'momins' and some to 'muslims' .

Not higher but correct way to observe Islam. Its Taqwa'h that classify the quality of Imaan!

Fighter

Muslim momin and mohsin are indeed the grades of muslims based on their Taqwa. If this life is a test for Humanity, Allah needs a yardstick with which he will measure your success. That is taqwa.
Araz

Hi,

All these are wonderful gestures----but in truth---they don't mean much----why---because, as they say---the proof is in the pudding----and this pudding that we have in pakistan----it stinks of debauchery and corruption.

Ashfaque Ahmed would have been better off asking the question----what is the difference between a person ( INSAAN ) and a muslim-----he would have been literally shocked out of his slippers.

Pakistani friends forget that there was life before islam---there is still life before islam----before you submit to the will of Allah---you have to submit to the call of humanity---that makes you an insaan( a person )----some of you will jump on me and say that islam makes you an insaan ( a person )----absolutely not---if you don't have it in you----islam is not going to do anything for you.

Remember life starts at 16 years of age in the arab world---from that age to 40 years old----our prophet Mohammad was not a muslim----but he was an Insaan practicing Insaanyiat ( humanity )----his character as a person was very well established before he got the CALL from the Almighty---.

What I am saying over here is what the japanese ambassador to pakistan said a few years ago---pakistan is travelling opposite to the direction of success---.

You got to learn to be human at first---look in the mirror everyday---look at the reflection and ask this question of yourself---was I honest with myself today----was I honorable in my dealings with my compatriots today---.

Look yourselves in your eyes through the mirror and you will find oput that is also the way to look into your soul---it will tell you what is in your heart---.

Remember, you cannot hide yourself away from you---. Learn to look the demon inside of you---and try to conquer it step by a step.

Then you would NOT have to go seeking the answer for being a momin or a muslim anymore. Looking for these answers is dellusional---are you looking for superiority over others---. Because a man cannot judge who is a momin or not a momin---it only upto our Lord to make the decision----so what makes it a big deal to seek that answer---it is a loss of direction which makes us seek the answer to that question.

As I stated before---the secret is to be a human first---an Insaan---and then seek the forgiveness of your sins from your Lord.

Now ask yourself----does a MOMIN need to be a muslim---according the answer in the first post---I doubt it very much---according to it---anybody from any religion can be a MOMIN in their own rights---now what does that tell us---.

It is all about being insaan regardless of who you are.

Last edited:
For example,,, a christian(unitarian) and a jew can possibly be a 'Momin' while NOT being a 'Muslim'...

For example,,, a christian(unitarian) and a jew can possibly be a 'Momin' while NOT being a 'Muslim'...

Hi,

Isn't that what the question clarifies---difference between a momin and a muslim---I think it is very obvious---.

Seemingly---it differentiates between a muslim and a momin---there is no restriction in being a momin---as long as you are true---.

At times---the thinkers get carried away in their zeal and get into the realm of uncertainty which may not be conducive to the health of the general population.

So---in the matter of religion---make it simple---it will make the life easier---.

Salaam To All!
I just wonder always why we ignore QURAN always and start from Hadith, or just speculation.
Kindly study these verses in Arabic first, and try to understand what is "Believing" and what is "Being Muslim".

3:102 O ye who believe! Fear God as He should be feared, and do not die unless you are Muslims.
4:124 And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer -- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.
4:125
And who has a better religion than he who submits himself entirely to Allah? And he is the doer of good (to others) and follows the faith of Ibrahim, the upright one, and Allah took Ibrahim as a friend.
64:2 He it is Who created you,
but one of you is an unbeliever and another of you is a believer; and Allah sees what you do.
72:14 And that some of us are those who submit, and some of us are the deviators; so whoever submits, these aim at the right way:

There're so many verses in Quran which differentiate the state of BELIEVING and SUBMITTING.
Believing is the state of EMAAN
Submitting is the state of ISLAM
Both of these can be understood simply as FAITH and RELIGION.
There are stages of Faith and stages of Submission or following the Religion Islam, which Only Allah can judge , individually, I mean how much MO'MIN / MUSLIM are we!

Salaam To All!
I just wonder always why we ignore QURAN always and start from Hadith, or just speculation.
Kindly study these verses in Arabic first, and try to understand what is "Believing" and what is "Being Muslim".

3:102 O ye who believe! Fear God as He should be feared, and do not die unless you are Muslims.
4:124 And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer -- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.
4:125
And who has a better religion than he who submits himself entirely to Allah? And he is the doer of good (to others) and follows the faith of Ibrahim, the upright one, and Allah took Ibrahim as a friend.
64:2 He it is Who created you,
but one of you is an unbeliever and another of you is a believer; and Allah sees what you do.
72:14 And that some of us are those who submit, and some of us are the deviators; so whoever submits, these aim at the right way:

There're so many verses in Quran which differentiate the state of BELIEVING and SUBMITTING.
Believing is the state of EMAAN
Submitting is the state of ISLAM
Both of these can be understood simply as FAITH and RELIGION.
There are stages of Faith and stages of Submission or following the Religion Islam, which Only Allah can judge , individually, I mean how much MO'MIN / MUSLIM are we!

Guy,

You are totally clueless to what this thread is about---.

There is a Hadees from theProphet PBUH.
One morning as the Prophet was sitting with the Sahaba, a man approached the prophet. He was very nicely dressed. he came and sat next to the prophet,and askput his hand on his knee. He thenm asked him.Oh Mohammad what is Islam?
The prophet(PBUH) replied. Bearing shadat that there is no one worthy of Worship except Allah ,believe that i am his last prophet, ESTABLISH 5 times prayers, keep fasts, give Zakaat, perform haj once at least in your life if you can afford it.
He then asked him(PBUH) what is Iman? The prophet replied @Belief in Allah, angels, his books, his Prophets, the day of judgement, and destiny of good and evil.
He then asked the Prophet(PBUH) what is Ehsaan? the prophet replied@To conduct oneself in a manner as if you are standing in front of Allah SWT at all times, and if not this then at least believe that Allah SWT is watching you at all times.
Once the man had gone away the prophet said the his Sahaba.@@Did you know who that was? No Ya Rasool Allaah . They replied. The prophet said that was J9brael and he had come to teach you about your deen.
It is important to understand that being a Muslim is not a guarantee to not being punished on the day of judgement. However, if you become a Momin, and are accepted in Allah SWT's court as such , you will not face hell fire. Most of us fall somewhere in the first category. it is important to try and ascend to the second category.
The other thing worthy of understanding is that the establishment of prayers is different from performing the prayers. Performing the prayer is an individual act. Once you have done that you need to make arrangements that whosoever is in your household performs his her prayers. Even if you are living with your parents, it is good to Give Azan in your House, and ask your elders and younger siblings to join you in prayers. This should not be an act of force ,but with kindness and compassion.
I hope this helps you in understanding the basic principles which govern our religion.
Jazaak Allah O khair
WaSalam
Araz

I read that in Hadith as well. :)

Book of faith or which one was it. Its definitely the first few books

Salaam to All,
Though it seems that Faith and Religion are just obligatory to each other or لازم و ملزوم, yet it seems that ONLY ALLAH KNOWS BETTER, who is really Mo'min or Muslim by its definition.

The following verse shows that there are NON-MUSLIMS who are BELIEVERS near Allah and will be rewarded by Allah Almighty.

2:62 Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
5:69 Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians
whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good -- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

On the contrary, the following verses shows that there are people who are apparently MUSLIMS , yet FAITH doesn't enter their hearts.

49:14 The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts; and if you obey Allah and His Apostle, He will not diminish aught of your deeds; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
49:15 The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Apostle then they doubt not and struggle hard with their wealth and their lives in the way of Allah; they are the truthful ones.
49:16 Say: Do you apprise Allah of your religion, and Allah knows what is in the heavens and what is in the earth; and Allah is Cognizant of all things.
49:17 They think that they lay you under an obligation by becoming Muslims. Say: Lay me not under obligation by your Islam: rather Allah lays you under an obligation by guiding you to the faith if you are truthful.
49:18 Surely Allah knows the unseen things of the heavens and the earth; and Allah sees what you do.

Kindly study in Quran that there are people who are regarded as محسنين , صالحين , صديقين , متقين etc. as these are the
درجا ت achieved by pious people , who definitely are strong believers and strong Muslims. But of-course we cannot judge as judgment belongs to Allah, only!

The following verse sets a clear criteria for how can we try to achieve piousness in Eemaan and Deen (Faith and Religion).

2:177 It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, but righteousness is this that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts -- these are they who are true (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil).

May Allah guide us to the Right Path. Ameen.

Back
Top Bottom