What's new

Did Iran kill one of it's own Nuclear scientist?

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Did Iran Kill One of Its Own Nuclear Scientists? - ABC News

Iranian dissidents have long suspected that the country's Islamist regime has used the cover of its not-so-covert war with Israel to crack down on internal opponents, and that a leading Iranian nuclear scientist whose death was blamed on Mossad might really have been killed by his own government.

Now a prominent opposition blogger based in London says that discrepancies in the recent trial and execution of the "Israeli spy" officially charged with killing scientist Masoud Ali Mohammadi are yet more evidence that Iranian intelligence agents may have been the real assassins.

Mohammadi, a nuclear physicist, died in January 2010 when a motorcycle parked outside his house was detonated by remote control when he walked past.

PHOTOS of Covert War: Iran vs. the West?

A half dozen scientists and officials linked to the nation's nuclear and long-range missile programs have died under suspicious circumstances since 2010, deaths the Iranian regime usually blames on Israel, the U.S., and the U.K. When Mohammadi died, the regime immediately blamed his murder on a "triangle of wickedness," meaning the U.S., Israel and their "hired agents."

"Zionists did it," said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "They hate us and they don't want us to progress." Ali Larjani, chairman of the Iranian parliament, said the government had "clear information that the intelligence regime of the Zionist regime and the CIA wanted to implement terrorist acts."

Vahid Salemi/AP Photo
Majid Jamali Fashi listens to judge Abolqasem... View Full Size

Iran Nuke Defector: 'I Am In Danger' Watch Video

Iran Defector: 'I Will Return to Iran' Watch Video

Iran Nuclear Scientist Defects to U.S. Watch Video

But Western intelligence agencies had conflicting information about whether Mohammadi, a particle physicist, was really contributing to the nuclear program. Iranian dissidents. Meanwhile, said Mohammadi had been killed by the regime because he was a supporter of reformist candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, whom many believe actually won the 2009 Iranian presidential election before vote-tampering handed the victory to Ahmadinejad. A German-based opposition group released a photo of an alleged Arab hitman who had supposedly carried out Mohammadi's assassination on regime orders.

At Mohammadi's funeral, hundreds of regime loyalists waving anti-Israel banners packed the procession, where they clashed with supporters of Mousavi's Green Movement.

More than two years later, on May 15, 2012, the Iranian government executed 24-year-old Majid Jamali Fashi, who had been convicted of assassinating Mohammadi.

Iranian authorities claimed that Fashi, 24, was recruited and trained by Mossad and was paid $120,000 to kill Mohammadi. In January 2011, Iranian media had broadcast Fashi's confession, in which he said he "received different training including chasing, running, counter-chasing and techniques for planting bombs in a car" while in Tel Aviv. Fashi also confessed to receiving forged travel documents in Azerbaijan to travel to Israel, Iran's Press TV reported.

In a blog post Monday, however, London-based dissident Potkin Azarmehr pointed out that the Israeli passport displayed by Iranian television was stamped 2003, when Fashi was 15 years old, but bore the photo of a hirsute man in his 20s who is not looking directly into the camera. "No passport will be issued with such a picture, anywhere in the world," wrote Azarmehr. "You need a headshot where you are open-eyed AND looking into the camera."

"Lets find an article to knock and be critical of Iran"

When a news story is released by PRESS TV it send the pulses racing of all to laugh at the source. When a blog appears from a chap in London its regarded as a satisfactory source to get excited about.
Potkin lives in exile - he is hardly going to say anything pro Iranian.
How far will these guys go in bad mouthing or trying a cheap shot at Iran? Incredible - I hope Iran achieves its nuclear objectives asap!

When a news story is released by PRESS TV it send the pulses racing of all to laugh at the source. When a blog appears from a chap in London its regarded as a satisfactory source to get excited about.
How far will these guys go in bad mouthing or trying a cheap shot at Iran? Incredible - I hope Iran achieves its nuclear objectives asap!

No one is trying to bad mouth Iran, stop it with your assumptions.

I merely posted this article to start a debate on the possibility of what the title says. And even if the title is true, it doesn't mean that Iran is being bad mouthed.

But the question is, did that photo of the passport really appear on Iranian media? Was it submitted as evidence for the kickboxer's implication as Israeli spy?

Now a prominent opposition blogger based in London says that discrepancies in the recent trial and execution of the "Israeli spy" officially charged with killing scientist Masoud Ali Mohammadi are yet more evidence that Iranian intelligence agents may have been the real assassins.

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Report is based on a blogger's opinion

nough said

The things people believe in.

But the question is, did that photo of the passport really appear on Iranian media? Was it submitted as evidence for the kickboxer's implication as Israeli spy?

On a similar article yesterday I made the point that these days photos images videos can easily be manipulated. Everyone accepts that if this was a forgery it was an amateurish attempt. In the fog of claim and counter claim we probably willl never know the truth.

However the reason I suggest caution on this is because I would have thought if it was an attempt at foul play by Iranian govt then I would have expected a more professional job.

When this story first broke I noticed for a day or two the only media outlets that were giving it credence were openly Zionist and the same agencies that suggest violation of sovereignty and occupation of Pakistan etc

Lets not forget the art of media manipulation by the west. In fact western media have convinced many even on this forum to disregard Press TV who are no more or less guilty than BBC etc of propagating a particular viewpoint

If it was then its incredibly amateurish approach and looks like an 11 year old has done it. It looks like it was almost done to get noticed or caught. A more professional approach i am sure would have used by the Iranian government.
What i believe is the power of the media is such that they have the ability of blowing up a half truth to make it look at a subject from their perspective. Press TV are able to manipulate half truths BUT don't fall under the impression the western press don't and cant manipulate fictional news. They have become the "supreme kings" at it.

If it was then its incredibly amateurish approach and looks like an 11 year old has done it. It looks like it was almost done to get noticed or caught. A more professional approach i am sure would have used by the Iranian government.
What i believe is the power of the media is such that they have the ability of blowing up a half truth to make it look at a subject from their perspective. Press TV are able to manipulate half truths BUT don't fall under the impression the western press don't and cant manipulate fictional news. They have become the "supreme kings" at it.

I'm just saying if that passport was really submitted in court to get a death sentence, then the Iranians are wrong, if it wasn't then the Israelis need to PROVE how they came up with that picture.

Its simple to settle this, why isn't anyone talking facts vs facts?

pls lock this thread

IRan dont not kill there own people like the USA this is just all propaganda and lie

Back
Top Bottom