What's new

Diamer Basha Dam construction Updates

Diamer Basha Dam important for sustainable development in Pakistan: Chairman Wapda

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
Web Desk
11:21 PM | October 03, 2021

The Chairman Water and Power Development Authority Muzamil Hussain visited site of Diamer Basha Dam project in Chilas on Sunday.

The Commander of 10 Corps and Director General of Frontier Works Organization were also accompanying him during the visit.

They inspected ongoing construction work at different projects of the Dam.

Talking on the occasion, the Chairman WAPDA said that Diamer Basha Dam is one of the most significant projects for sustained development in Pakistan.

He said it would provide water for agriculture, mitigate floods and generate low cost electricity.

MULTI-PURPOSE DIAMER BHASHA DAM – 4500MW

o Gross water storage capacity of 8.1 MAF
o 1.23 million acres of additional land for irrigation
o Installed power generation capacity of 4,500 MW
o 18 billion units per annum to the National Grid

1634484746601.png

1634484770367.png

1634484800363.png

4,500 MW would be tremendous boost to Industrial Revolution in country

• Government should start to change transmission lines to further boost delivery and control of Electricity
  • Develop Storage facilities to save the Excess energy produced

1.5 Million Acres (1,500,000) of Agricultural Land addition would be massive game changer for food production in country

Last edited:
4,500 MW would be tremendous boost to Industrial Revolution in country

• Government should start to change transmission lines to further boost delivery and control of Electricity
  • Develop Storage facilities to save the Excess energy produced

1.5 Million Acres (1,500,000) of Agricultural Land addition would be massive game changer for food production in country
Doubt it will be completed..
Will be left incomplete like several projects before
(E.g ghazi brotha was abdondone in 1998 as country ran out of money)

Doubt it will be completed..
Will be left incomplete like several projects before
(E.g ghazi brotha was abdondone in 1998 as country ran out of money)

1998 was difficult times. It's not like Heaven guardian now but certainly better than those days .. we were isolated, and we were under sanctions. All type of sanctions.

1998 was difficult times. It's not like Heaven guardian now but certainly better than those days .. we were isolated, and we were under sanctions. All type of sanctions.
Pakistan was under military sanctions not economic sanctions
We negotiated several IMF ptograms in 1990s and had billions of dollars in exports to USA

It wasnt like iran

So i dont know why people blame the 1990s bankrupcy on sanctions

Sure it wasnt like 2010s where we had 2+b$ aid following, but it was like these days(isolated from america)

Pakistan was under military sanctions not economic sanctions
We negotiated several IMF ptograms in 1990s and had billions of dollars in exports to USA

It wasnt like iran

So i dont know why people blame the 1990s bankrupcy on sanctions

Sure it wasnt like 2010s where we had 2+b$ aid following, but it was like these days(isolated from america)

Well I had a mind and comprehension abilities of a 5 years old at that time as I was 5 years old so can't really remember what was happening on national level. But sure I hear voices saying 1998-2002 was bad times for Pakistan. Like Pakistan "Saalimiyat" was always at risk as we heard these voicesany times saying "Pakistan apni tareekh Kay nazuk for se guzar Raha Hy". But if you have to shortlist, I am sure that period will among top 3, along 2008-2013 period.

Well I had a mind and comprehension abilities of a 5 years old at that time as I was 5 years old so can't really remember what was happening on national level. But sure I hear voices saying 1998-2002 was bad times for Pakistan. Like Pakistan "Saalimiyat" was always at risk as we heard these voicesany times saying "Pakistan apni tareekh Kay nazuk for se guzar Raha Hy". But if you have to shortlist, I am sure that period will among top 3, along 2008-2013 period.
Wheat was banned to be allowed to go to KPK in 1998..wheat was literally not availble for months
Anyone can tell u that

Wheat was banned to be allowed to go to KPK in 1998..wheat was literally not availble for months
Anyone can tell u that

I know about the wheat embargo on KP from Punjab. I am also aware of the wheat embargo in ANP government when Punjab again banned transport of wheat to KP. Around 2009-10 I guess, or was it 2008-9. Everyone in KP know that. No one forgot that.

At the first wheat crisis, only the urban area was effected mainly because at that time majority rural class used to cultivate wheat and use it for consumption. So the effect was maybe felt by 50% of KP population. But in the last wheat embargo almost 100% of KP population was effected because majority people stoped farming. Farming is not one of the major jobs in KP now. As we have less land as well as less land per farmer which make farming expensive and not feasible.

Back
Top Bottom