What's new

Dhaka to enjoy metro rail facility by 2019

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
DHAKA: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Dhaka dwellers will enjoy the facilities of metro rail by 2019.

She made the disclosure at a view-exchange meeting with the officials of communications ministry in a visit at ministry office on Sunday.

“41 new bridges will be built across the country to smooth the communication development,” the premier told.

Hasina visited the ministry as part of her ministries visit gradually.

Earlier, she visited health and family planning ministry, fisheries and livestock ministry and forest and environment ministry to look into the ministry’s work progress.

source: Dhaka to enjoy metro rail facility by 2019

2019 time limit is bit over ambitious but I wish all the best to the Project. There is no alternative of metro rail in overly populated cities like Dhaka or Kolkata.

2019 time limit is bit over ambitious but I wish all the best to the Project. There is no alternative of metro rail in overly populated cities like Dhaka or Kolkata.
Ambitious,, for a single line, no.

hasina will bring golden age in bangladesh... :girl_wacko:
the way Hasina is furthering Indian hegemonic interests and allowing illegitimate Indian influence in BD, we might even see a platinum age under Hasina

Check the video given

60,000 Passengers per hour in a 20 KM long route :girl_wacko:
dhaka is a populous city... so they got the numbers.. :)
mumbai local can carry between 2600 to 3500, so if you run every 2 to 3 min you can get 60k.

dhaka is a populous city... so they got the numbers.. :)
mumbai local can carry between 2600 to 3500, so if you run every 2 to 3 min you can get 60k.
But it's metro with 20 KM length of track :undecided:

whats wrong with 20km? too short or too long..
anyway, am sure like any metro it will be built in phases.
Too short + hard to run trains in just a single 20 KM route after every 2-3 minutes don't you think?

Too short + hard to run trains in just a single 20 KM route after every 2-3 minutes don't you think?
why?delhi metro red line is 25 kms so its not that short.
also u will need less number of trains if you want a service every 2 or 3 mins.
for example if average speed is 40 kmph you will need 30 trains to have service every 2 mins but if your length is doubled (with same average speed) you will need twice the number of trains.

why?delhi metro red line is 25 kms so its not that short.
also u will need less number of trains if you want a service every 2 or 3 mins.
for example if average speed is 40 kmph you will need 30 trains to have service every 2 mins but if your length is doubled (with same average speed) you will need twice the number of trains.
Yeah i got it
Thanks!! :-) Actually i was confused about 60,000 passengers per hour (I don't know why but it seems like a huge number in this way):what:, If they say 1-1.5 million daily it would be easy for me to understand :p:

Back
Top Bottom