What's new

Destroying the Swastika - An Iconic WW2 Moment

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

One of the most famous pieces of film from WW2 shows the blowing up of an enormous swastika atop the Zeppelinfeld Stadium in Nuremberg by US forces on 25 April 1945.

I hope westerners stop calling it swastika. The nazi symbol is the hakenkreuz which looks like swastika but is not the same. The swastika is a sanskrit word and hindu symbol.
images (27).jpeg

Swastika is Proto-Indo-European Aryan symbol, the oldest ones are found in Pontic-Caspian Steppe near Ukraine. As Aryans spread out to Europe and South Asia, swastika went along.

Lol

Indus valley and Hinduism??? Do you even know what you talking about son?
Fine have it your way if you don't wanna accept.
My point that any similar looking symbol shouldn't be called Swastika which is Sanskrit and hindu still holds. Especially in the nazi case they should call it the hakenkreuz or hooked cross.

Fine have it your way if you don't wanna accept.
My point that any similar looking symbol shouldn't be called Swastika which is Sanskrit and hindu still holds. Especially in the nazi case they should call it the hakenkreuz or hooked cross.

Indus Valley got ZERO relevancy to Hinduism. All its known practices of IVC got anything to do with Hinduism, practices like burying dead, eating beef was part of the life. Infact one of many mysteries surrounding IVC is their faith and belief system. IVC was already 10 feet underground before first traces of Hinduism. Since IVC predates Hinduism, Swastika is not a religious symbol rather can be looked as a national symbol. Of course its being adopted later by people east of Indus Valley as religious symbol, but that is another matter.

Indus Valley got ZERO relevancy to Hinduism. All its known practices of IVC got anything to do with Hinduism, practices like burying dead, eating beef was part of the life. Infact one of many mysteries surrounding IVC is their faith and belief system. IVC was already 10 feet underground before first traces of Hinduism. Since IVC predates Hinduism, Swastika is not a religious symbol rather can be looked as a national symbol. Of course its being adopted later by people east of Indus Valley as religious symbol, but that is another matter.
Again I don't care what you think about IVC, that's not the point.
If you feel these symbols have nothing to do with Hinduism then don't call them Swastika which is a Sanskrit term. Same like Nazi symbol shouldn't be called Swastika. Find some other name that is not of sanskrit origin. Shouldn't be hard right?

1625140927870.jpeg

they went to tibet to trace their roots and left disappointed

Again I don't care what you think about IVC, that's not the point.
If you feel these symbols have nothing to do with Hinduism then don't call them Swastika which is a Sanskrit term. Same like Nazi symbol shouldn't be called Swastika. Find some other name that is not of sanskrit origin. Shouldn't be hard right?

Let me be clear AGAIN. This symbol, got nothing to do with Hinduism when it comes to its ORIGINS. Its predates Hinduism, these are all archaeological and historical facts. You or whoever can call what ever. So when Nazi adopted this symbol, just like Hinduism adopted from ancient Pakistan aka IVC, they were borrowing an ancient symbol.

Back
Top Bottom