What's new

Destroyed SAAB ERIEYE AEW&C Also repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the post 10 by Shaheen.
And here's a screen shot from the MoDP report.
View attachment 447420

See "procurement"
It is under procurement but it says "recovery" of the 4th AEWAC. That leads me to believe it's not a new purchase. As for being under the "procurement" category...that could be bcuz a lot of subsystems had to be procured to repair it. Again I can't say with certainty...this is just my guess. We need someone with insider info to shed some light on this.

MI-35 is expensive shit!
I always estimated it's cost to be around 25 million /unit.

Defence and security starts at home and then extends beyond. If you can't secure your backside then perhaps you need to do some serious rethinking before you move forward. And just to clarfy here the attackers were Muslims ~ indeed so much committed to their faith that unlike you and I they were prepared to die for their belief.
Rubbish comment by a " Desi Angraiz" .
There was no terrorism before mid 90s and Islam is more than 1400 year old .

That's highly inappropriate even for a person who hate Islam and Muslims...
Let me make it clear to you in case you missed the memo. Within my immediate family I have very, very devout Muslims. I love them. I have no issue with being devout. I am quite conservative myself. However I do believe that religion should remain a endogenous force that works on your self to make you a better person. In that sense it is great force for good. It provides humans with a anchor, a sense of moral accountability, imbues modesty and a source of succour in difficult times.

However I absolutely oppose the use of religion to impose views that are informed by faith on other humans. When religion is used as exogenous weapon to impose on others politics enters the equation which by it's very nature poisons what should be pure. It also creates dischord because my idea of faith and your idea of faith might very well clash. Yes, our politics also might clash but at least we don't invoke the name of Allah when we clash in the secular domain.

This is exactly what has happened in Pakistan. One man or men on mission of self appointed guardians of Islan fight against another man or men who also are in the belief that they represent the true word of Allah. The result is chaos and blood being spilled. Pakistan has more religious groups, more madaris students, more mullahs then it ever has in history - indeed even the Pakistani state has jumped on this bandwagon by calling itself "Islamic" yet nobody can say to me that society in Pakistan today is more just, more law abiding, better behaved, more accepting of the weak, more caring of the older people, more respecting of females or the quanta of morality is greater then say it was on 20 August 1947.

In summary I am not against Islam. Some of most dear and near are incredibly religious. I am against the use of religion in the public sphere. I am all for religion as force for making a better human being from inside out.

@Joe Shearer

Rubbish comment by a " Desi Angraiz"
And what are you? A Monkey Angraiz? Look at the Union Jack.

Last edited:
Though I joined PDF recently...I have been a silent reader for years...since 2006 or 2007. I do remember a time when it used to be better. In my observation the downhill journey started bcuz of the trolls(from any side). The trolls/bhakts/(ultra nationalists with low IQ who r too far gone to consider facts and reality) not only spew their nonsense to degrade discussions but they also can entice some sane members to drop down to their level. I have done this...u have done this and I have seen many other sane members do it out of frustration or to stick it to the trolls or for whatever other reason. Due to this the quality of discussion in a thread degrades faster than what the trolls could've achieved on their own.

A second contributing factor in my opinion is the delay in taking action against the first troll post in any thread, which allows enough time for it to take hold and flourish, derailing the actual discussion. This isn't particularly the fault of mods...they r busy with other things and bcuz they r human they r not always on. I feel like this could be corrected by a mod/bot. There should be "respect" points. An automated system that looks at the negative ratings, positive ratings, the amount of posts, past bans, etc. and awards certain "respect" points. Mods should be able to adjust those if a member has an undeserving number of those "respect" points. Once PDF members are armed with these "respect" points, if they see a troll post in a thread, they can report it. That's where the mod/bot comes in. If enough "respected" members have reported that post it would automatically delete that troll post and hand out a 24 hour ban to the troll. Of course it would also work like the report button works now and mods would be able to look at it and take action. This would keep derailment at its minimum and help in keeping that discussion on topic and healthy.

With this timely action against trolls, the saner members here wouldn't feel discouraged and leave the forum. In my opinion this was the downfall...the sane members left whereas the trolls had the courage to stay. Those who left and cite the reduced quality of the forum as the reason fail to see that they contributed to it by leaving.

Who knows? It might have worked.

As for those who left, they had an impression that they were being forced out. I have an impression that the multiple little pinpricks, insults and humiliations I have been subjected to are also intended to force me out.

Pakistan suffered 138 fatal and 155 non-fatal casualties in retaliatory cross-border firings along the LoC in 2017. According to official figures, 860 incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops were reported in 2017 as against 221 the year before

Chai wala government stats

:lol:

Who knows? It might have worked.

As for those who left, they had an impression that they were being forced out. I have an impression that the multiple little pinpricks, insults and humiliations I have been subjected to are also intended to force me out.
By mods?

I doubt it. The active one, The Eagle, is fair and easy to get along with. Others, waz, Wajsal, Zaki, Jungibaaz, and several more, are pillars of support. I don't know where these blows in the dark come from, but they are decidedly discouraging.

I doubt it. The active one, The Eagle, is fair and easy to get along with. Others, waz, Wajsal, Zaki, Jungibaaz, and several more, are pillars of support. I don't know where these blows in the dark come from, but they are decidedly discouraging.
Wait so if mods are fair then why u feeling like u r being driven out? If u r being annoyed/harassed by some regular non mod members then don't take that too seriously. Sadly everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how much of an idiot they might be.

So this is the new-look, purged-of-Indians PDF!
bro i never saw a common indian as a threat or my enemy (may throw a funny light hearted jab or two at them once in a while).
but these assets are real threat(force multiplier) to us and i feel no shame in admitting that i will feel relieved if they aren't there anymore just like many indian did when we lost p3 and saab 2000. plus there is a reason i didn't mentioned the c130 or c 17

MI-35 is expensive shit!
I always estimated it's cost to be around 25 million /unit.
Due to small number and the need for training andsetup infrastructure the costs are higher. Subsequent planes will be more cheaper as these cost may not be incurred.
A

Wait so if mods are fair then why u feeling like u r being driven out? If u r being annoyed/harassed by some regular non mod members then don't take that too seriously. Sadly everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how much of an idiot they might be.

That is not really a problem. I would rather not spell out things further. I repeat, the Mods are fair; they do not represent the management altogether. As for the general idiot, they are balanced by chaps like you, so that's all right; swings and roundabouts, and all that sort of thing.

bro i never saw a common indian as a threat or my enemy (may throw a funny light hearted jab or two at them once in a while).

It'd have to be an excessively sensitive cupcake to resent these; I don't.

but these assets are real threat(force multiplier) to us and i feel no shame in admitting that i will feel relieved if they aren't there anymore just like many indian did when we lost p3 and saab 2000. plus there is a reason i didn't mentioned the c130 or c 17

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but understand that it is some piece of equipment or the other. To be honest, I can't lighten the burden; my honest opinion is that the gap in equipment will increase inexorably through the years. Good luck, anyway.

That is not really a problem. I would rather not spell out things further. I repeat, the Mods are fair; they do not represent the management altogether. As for the general idiot, they are balanced by chaps like you, so that's all right; swings and roundabouts, and all that sort of thing.
Well in any case I hope u and other members like u(no matter their nationality) stay on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom