What's new

Destroyed SAAB ERIEYE AEW&C Also repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever read the number of posts where I pleaded for the bhakts to be purged? And when it was permitted, how many of my negative ratings were of bhakts? Both orange and green bhakts, but I did what I could. What is alarming is that the last six months, it was totally one-sided.

I think it's a very good thing that the arseholes were told they were arseholes, but I think we went too far and disenchanted a very many decent blokes as well. That is why you should have had an Indian Mod (not I, everyone knows I lose my temper), who would have sniped rather than used a shotgun.
To be honest. I don't get into and won't get into the running of PDF.
I don't care who you are. I am happy that an Indian and a Pakistani are proud of their nations but not to the point of stupidity. Call a spade a spade.
Today there is an article here of an 8 yr old raped and murdered in Pakistan. Everyoneai so angry and rightfully condemning it. There are riots in Pakistan and rightfully so as police were incompetent. But if that happens in India some of the idiots here seems it. That's illogical. There is no excuses. Indian woman and kids as well as Pakistani equally need protection from vile elements in society. That's why s I have said previously this is just not a serious place for me. I when been to India. Loved it met nice people. This is cyber space. People are usually not themselves. But hey we seem to be ok. I don't hate you as I am sure you don't hate me. But come to cricket .... you are on your own....lol

I usually ignore comments from people like them because it's expected from them and there is little you can do. But I am startled if notable members degrade themselves to their level by engaging with them, especially if it is in their language.

Oh no, Sir, there is everything that we can do. I have seldom in the past missed an opportunity to tell a bhakt that he was obnoxious and a blot on the landscape. And that is precisely what I would have liked - it's too late now - senior and sober people like you to have done with the badly behaved kids on your side. Who do you think they would respect more, I or you?

But yes, it is not a pleasant feeling to engage with them on their terms; at best, one can use language to ameliorate the circumstances, a doubtful compromise.

To be honest. I don't get into and won't get into the running of PDF.
I don't care who you are. I am happy that an Indian and a Pakistani are proud of their nations but not to the point of stupidity. Call a spade a spade.
Today there is an article here of an 8 yr old raped and murdered in Pakistan. Everyoneai so angry and rightfully condemning it. There are riots in Pakistan and rightfully so as police were incompetent. But if that happens in India some of the idiots here seems it. That's illogical. There is no excuses. Indian woman and kids as well as Pakistani equally need protection from vile elements in society. That's why s I have said previously this is just not a serious place for me. I when been to India. Loved it met nice people. This is cyber space. People are usually not themselves. But hey we seem to be ok. I don't hate you as I am sure you don't hate me. But come to cricket .... you are on your own....lol

Fair enough; couldn't have said it better myself.

So this is the new-look, purged-of-Indians PDF!
Isn't it better? Just for once u can discuss something without it turning into a d*ck measuring contest. There were too many Indian trolls...just too many. U r still here bcuz u weren't one of them. I don't want PDF to turn into one of those Bharat Rakshak type of forums where it's just heavily one sided...but I want the opposing side(Indians in this case) to be sane members who discuss based on facts and carry out a good discussion. You should recruit some more Indians like u.

That would be a good idea.

Who attacked PAF base Minhas? Animist Eskimos? Athiest Papua New Guinians?
Who are defending paf base Minhas or who are they supposed to defend? 3% population or those living outside the country?

Isn't it better? Just for once u can discuss something without it turning into a d*ck measuring contest. There were too many Indian trolls...just too many. U r still here bcuz u weren't one of them. I don't want PDF to turn into one of those Bharat Rakshak type of forums where it's just heavily one sided...but I want the opposing side(Indians in this case) to be sane members who discuss based on facts and carry out a good discussion. You should recruit some more Indians like u.

Believe me, It is well on its way, I have been around for more than 12 yrs. Things have seriously gone downhill.

In the earlier days, there were a lot of mature Pakistani members( mostly ex service men ), a few mature Indian members and some Pakistani trolls and Indian troll(who kind of balanced each other out).

Now Indian trolls have been replaced by a lot of Pakistani and Chinese trolls. Mature Pakistani members and Indian members have all but disappeared. Things continue like this, defence.pk will truly become the Pakistani defence forum(another heavily biased Pakistani forum, which no longer exists.)

The trouble is that they were among the first to leave, sadly, not among the last.

A very close friend of mine, one of barely ten or so whom I was allowed to invite to my daughter's wedding (she and my son-in-law financed the whole thing, and both sets of parents were kept firmly out of the financial arrangements) is a guiding spirit behind Bharat Rakshak; he has magisterial authority over there. I have never joined them because of their appalling bigotry. I joined PDF, years later.

I agree about the Indian trolls. Unfortunately, there were, and are, Pakistani trolls, and they remain. There were also at least a couple of dozen decent Indian members, not all of whom were active, and who contributed to good conversations and good discussions whenever we could get both sides going. And it needs reminding that we all tried to get the trolls expelled by the management. When the crackdown came, all of us were swept out (I am the exception, but there are others, low key members who do not come to attention), and this, therefore, is what you have. Perhaps against the backdrop of the last six to eight months, this is a blessed relief, but against the backdrop of the time when I joined, around eight years ago, this feels like a cricket field replaced by a cement parking lot. I am tempted to say, with Horace, in the same melancholy but accepting mood,

Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume,
labuntur anni nec pietas moram
rugis et instanti senectae
adferet indomitaeque morti.........

But there is a nearer poet, although one scrambled by his improving translator

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Who are defending paf base Minhas or who are they supposed to defend? 3% population or those living outside the country?
Defence and security starts at home and then extends beyond. If you can't secure your backside then perhaps you need to do some serious rethinking before you move forward. And just to clarfy here the attackers were Muslims ~ indeed so much committed to their faith that unlike you and I they were prepared to die for their belief.

The trouble is that they were among the first to leave, sadly, not among the last.

A very close friend of mine, one of barely ten or so whom I was allowed to invite to my daughter's wedding (she and my son-in-law financed the whole thing, and both sets of parents were kept firmly out of the financial arrangements) is a guiding spirit behind Bharat Rakshak; he has magisterial authority over there. I have never joined them because of their appalling bigotry. I joined PDF, years later.

I agree about the Indian trolls. Unfortunately, there were, and are, Pakistani trolls, and they remain. There were also at least a couple of dozen decent Indian members, not all of whom were active, and who contributed to good conversations and good discussions whenever we could get both sides going. And it needs reminding that we all tried to get the trolls expelled by the management. When the crackdown came, all of us were swept out (I am the exception, but there are others, low key members who do not come to attention), and this, therefore, is what you have. Perhaps against the backdrop of the last six to eight months, this is a blessed relief, but against the backdrop of the time when I joined, around eight years ago, this feels like a cricket field replaced by a cement parking lot. I am tempted to say, with Horace, in the same melancholy but accepting mood,

Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume,
labuntur anni nec pietas moram
rugis et instanti senectae
adferet indomitaeque morti.........

But there is a nearer poet, although one scrambled by his improving translator

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
Though I joined PDF recently...I have been a silent reader for years...since 2006 or 2007. I do remember a time when it used to be better. In my observation the downhill journey started bcuz of the trolls(from any side). The trolls/bhakts/(ultra nationalists with low IQ who r too far gone to consider facts and reality) not only spew their nonsense to degrade discussions but they also can entice some sane members to drop down to their level. I have done this...u have done this and I have seen many other sane members do it out of frustration or to stick it to the trolls or for whatever other reason. Due to this the quality of discussion in a thread degrades faster than what the trolls could've achieved on their own.

A second contributing factor in my opinion is the delay in taking action against the first troll post in any thread, which allows enough time for it to take hold and flourish, derailing the actual discussion. This isn't particularly the fault of mods...they r busy with other things and bcuz they r human they r not always on. I feel like this could be corrected by a mod/bot. There should be "respect" points. An automated system that looks at the negative ratings, positive ratings, the amount of posts, past bans, etc. and awards certain "respect" points. Mods should be able to adjust those if a member has an undeserving number of those "respect" points. Once PDF members are armed with these "respect" points, if they see a troll post in a thread, they can report it. That's where the mod/bot comes in. If enough "respected" members have reported that post it would automatically delete that troll post and hand out a 24 hour ban to the troll. Of course it would also work like the report button works now and mods would be able to look at it and take action. This would keep derailment at its minimum and help in keeping that discussion on topic and healthy.

With this timely action against trolls, the saner members here wouldn't feel discouraged and leave the forum. In my opinion this was the downfall...the sane members left whereas the trolls had the courage to stay. Those who left and cite the reduced quality of the forum as the reason fail to see that they contributed to it by leaving.

Though I joined PDF recently...I have been a silent reader for years...since 2006 or 2007. I do remember a time when it used to be better. In my observation the downhill journey started bcuz of the trolls(from any side). The trolls/bhakts/(ultra nationalists with low IQ who r too far gone to consider facts and reality) not only spew their nonsense to degrade discussions but they also can entice some sane members to drop down to their level. I have done this...u have done this and I have seen many other sane members do it out of frustration or to stick it to the trolls or for whatever other reason. Due to this the quality of discussion in a thread degrades faster than what the trolls could've achieved on their own.

A second contributing factor in my opinion is the delay in taking action against the first troll post in any thread, which allows enough time for it to take hold and flourish, derailing the actual discussion. This isn't particularly the fault of mods...they r busy with other things and bcuz they r human they r not always on. I feel like this could be corrected by a mod/bot. There should be "respect" points. An automated system that looks at the negative ratings, positive ratings, the amount of posts, past bans, etc. and awards certain "respect" points. Mods should be able to adjust those if a member has an undeserving number of those "respect" points. Once PDF members are armed with these "respect" points, if they see a troll post in a thread, they can report it. That's where the mod/bot comes in. If enough "respected" members have reported that post it would automatically delete that troll post and hand out a 24 hour ban to the troll. Of course it would also work like the report button works now and mods would be able to look at it and take action. This would keep derailment at its minimum and help in keeping that discussion on topic and healthy.

With this timely action against trolls, the saner members here wouldn't feel discouraged and leave the forum. In my opinion this was the downfall...the sane members left whereas the trolls had the courage to stay. Those who left and cite the reduced quality of the forum as the reason fail to see that they contributed to it by leaving.
I couldn't have said it better, newly joined but over a decade old reader here. I also like the idea of your rating point and automatic bans. The duration should be a week rather than just 24 hours.

I couldn't have said it better, newly joined but over a decade old reader here. I also like the idea of your rating point and automatic bans. The duration should be a week rather than just 24 hours.
There's is a reason for the 24 hour ban and not a week. The thing with automated systems is that they r not fool proof. I could for example create a few accounts and put some initial work in them to earn "respect" points and this would give me the power to handout "autobans" to any member by reporting their post even unjustly. Let's say I hand out an unjust/undeserved ban to u...u would be back in 24 hours and can bring this to attention of mods so that they can take appropriate action against me and my other accounts. If it's a week ban for u...then u can see how it will get frustrating for members who did nothing wrong.

What it should be is a tiered ban system. If someone has earned 4 or more 24 hour bans in a week. Their next bans would be 48 hours long. Earn 3 or more of those in two weeks and the bans will be a week long. 3 or more of those weekly bans will get u a permanent ban with review of a human mod to make sure that it was well deserved.

There's is a reason for the 24 hour ban and not a week. The thing with automated systems is that they r not fool proof. I could for example create a few accounts and put some initial work in them to earn "respect" points and this would give me the power to handout "autobans" to any member by reporting their post even unjustly. Let's say I hand out an unjust/undeserved ban to u...u would be back in 24 hours and can bring this to attention of mods so that they can take appropriate action against me and my other accounts. If it's a week ban for u...then u can see how it will get frustrating for members who did nothing wrong.

What it should be is a tiered ban system. If someone has earned 4 or more 24 hour bans in a week. Their next bans would be 48 hours long. Earn 3 or more of those in two weeks and the bans will be a week long. 3 or more of those weekly bans will get u a permanent ban with review of a human mod to make sure that it was well deserved.
Got your point.

Now back to Erieyes, so out of the first four,
One was probably in air so remained safe during the attack.

The other three were damaged to varying degrees, two of the three damaged were repaired while one was a complete write-off.

Now we have ordered three more, so the recovery of fourth Erieye is actually a purchase.

After the second order is met, we will have Six Erieyes in total.

Am I right on this?

Got your point.

Now back to Erieyes, so out of the first four,
One was probably in air so remained safe during the attack.

The other three were damaged to varying degrees, two of the three damaged were repaired while one was a complete write-off.

Now we have ordered three more, so the recovery of fourth Erieye is actually a purchase.

After the second order is met, we will have Six Erieyes in total.

Am I right on this?
I'm not sure. If it's a new purchase then it should be indicated as a new purchase and not as "recovery". As far as I understood it, it does seem that the fourth one was "recovered", though at the cost similar to buying a new one. Perhaps someone with well placed sources can shed some more light on this?

I'm not sure. If it's a new purchase then it should be indicated as a new purchase and not as "recovery". As far as I understood it, it does seem that the fourth one was "recovered", though at the cost similar to buying a new one. Perhaps someone with well placed sources can shed some more light on this?
See the post 10 by Shaheen.
And here's a screen shot from the MoDP report.
IMG_20180110_224734.jpg

See "procurement"

Defence and security starts at home and then extends beyond. If you can't secure your backside then perhaps you need to do some serious rethinking before you move forward. And just to clarfy here the attackers were Muslims ~ indeed so much committed to their faith that unlike you and I they were prepared to die for their belief.

So what you are saying that hundreds of thousands p
If persons that gave their life for creation of Pakistan were non-Muslims? Why don't you call them Pakistanis or Afghani or taliban? Why so much hate of Muslims? I can bet the Muslims gave their lives to protect Pakistan, Islam or humanity are much more greater than these TTP imposters but rather than identifying them separately you are naming a community of billion plus people... That's highly inappropriate even for a person who hate Islam and Muslims...

Pig is for those who roll around in cow dung, we like sizling beef steaks:D,

A lot of ur brahmin anscestors used to be jesters at my anscestors halls, many of them we roasted when we sacked somnath temple but now i would just like to play rugby with ur heads, might even enjoy a brahmin steak, with all the side orders ofcourse.:agree:
Guys.
Can we please get back to the topic. Let us not derail a good thread.
A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom