What's new

Desecration of Sikh holy book: Trust seeks action against Hindu culprits.

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Desecration of Sikh holy book: Trust seeks action against those responsible - The Times of India

AMRITSAR: Pakistan Hindu Sewa Welfare Trust has demanded from Pakistan government to take stern action against persons responsible for desecration of Guru Granth Sahib.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Trust president Sanjash Dhanja told TOI over phone from Karachi on Saturday that a group of Hindus had torn the scriptures in Pano Aqil town in mid June. He said that till now, no action has been taken by the government. He said that a few days ago, police had arrested a local person but no case has been registered so far. Dhanja said, "Those who have insulted Guru Granth Sahib should be arrested and publicly punished so that no one could dare to commit such an act and hurt religious sentiments."

Reacting to the news of desecration of the holy book, Damdami Taksal chief Baba Harnam Singh said, "It is the most unfortunate act and has hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs." He appealed to Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee to approach the Centre and take up issue with Pakistani government so such incidents can be prevented in the future.

I hate Hindus, and Sikhs both.

But their religious scriptures should not be messed with at all.

I am saddened by the news, because even though Sikh and Hindu religions are wrong, there are many people that believe and do good things because of their faith.

Plz let us not judge religions. Religions are there for ages and very much personal to followers. So lets keep religion aside!

Why is a pakistani problem posted under central and south asia? The problem itself seems trivial, typical temple politics in a shared temple, but why would one change the title and post under a wrong section but for trolling, the only other explanation being the poster is blind, deaf and retarded?

Bro when you die, can you guarantee that Hanuman will appear as an ape and accept you?

I have no doubt that there is Allah swt.

That is the difference between us.

The difference between faiths.

But that does not mean that even though I think your religion is fake, that I can go and disrespect your religious beliefs.

I go on the belief that all earthly religions are man-made....but I will never be a turbo-atheist....if it makes you feel in tune with your world....so be it. Who am I to say you're wrong? Just don't force me to believe the same....or pass laws that discriminate against me for not thinking the same as you. Many religious believers are great people who think of the future...a few in all give all a bad name.

BTW ironic that Pakistani Hindu Trust is demanding action against hindus who may have desecrated Sikh religious book in Pakistan, Pakistani government is ignoring the demand and is busy naming roads and monuments after invaders who desecrated Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Buddhist places of worship.

And a Pakistani poster creates a thread under a regional forum to highlight the ''intolerance'' of Hindooooss!!!

I go on the belief that all earthly religions are man-made....but I will never be a turbo-atheist....if it makes you feel in tune with your world....so be it. Who am I to say you're wrong? Just don't force me to believe the same....or pass laws that discriminate against me for not thinking the same as you. Many religious believers are great people who think of the future...a few in all give all a bad name.

What YOU believe in or not is not my concern. Your choices might bite you in the ***, but really it not my concern. That's your personal choice. My duty is to tell you about Islam. Whether you believe or not is entirely up to you.

What YOU in or not is not my concern. Your choices might bite you in the ***, but really it not my concern. That's your personal choice. My duty is to tell you about Islam. Whether you believe or not is entirely up to you.

Lol....have enough Christian family members who feel it is a sin and selfish not to tell others....you should spread your word......people need to make informed choices. When I was very young I thought religion was a little selfish to damned people who hadn't heard....such as China. (yes I'm aware that most religions have a work-around for that.) Put it out there....let everyone make his own choice.

BTW ironic that Pakistani Hindus Trust is demanding action against hindus who may have desecrated Sikh religious book in Pakistan, Pakistani government is ignoring the demand and is busy naming roads and monuments after invaders who desecrated Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Buddhist places of worship.

And a Pakistani poster creates a thread under a regional forum to highlight the ''intolerance'' of Hindooooss!!!

Big talk from the citizen of a country where Babri Mosque culprit Advani still walks tall.
Any haphazard action by GOP, the likes of you will never miss the opportunity to blabber about prosecution of minorities. An arrest was made but obviously the person wasn't guilty hence released.

Big talk from the citizen of a country where Babri Mosque culprit Advani still walks tall.
Any haphazard action by GOP, the likes of you will never miss the opportunity to blabber about prosecution of minorities. An arrest was made but obviously the person wasn't guilty hence released.

Mate Babri is disputed grounds and Pakistan's record in protecting minorities is appalling

Back
Top Bottom