What's new

Delhi - Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)

Oops..forgot GIFT

102950322.png

Megaproject: Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) -- General Development News and Discussions - Page 214 - SkyscraperCity

So how much increase in % growth of economy with the completion of this project, do you guys think will happen?

Thanks for tagging gslv.

Can you also please post about other APPROVED corridor projects.

Project Phasing

The following table indicates the tentative phasing of the project:-

Section Timelines
EDFC

BHAUPUR-KHURJA: 342 km March'18
BHAUPUR-MUGHALSARAI: 402 km. Dec'18
DADRI-KHURJA-LUDHIANA: 450 km. Dec'19
MUGHALSARAI-SONNAGAR: 123 km Dec'17
WDFC
REWARI-IQBALGARH (625 km) Dec'18
IQBALGARH-VADODARA (325 km) Dec'19
VADODARA-JNPT (425 km) Dec'19
REWARI-DADRI (127 km) Dec'19

"You can take us, but not our land. If they try to take it forcibly, the women will be the first to stand in their way and we will throw stones at them," says the 60-year-old who grows paddy on her 0.25-acre land with her husband.

Ubhare does not care much for industrial development and jobs in the area, which is the government's pitch to the villagers. "we don't want anything. just let us do farming. we are happy with whatever little we earn. you can take the project elsewhere," she notes.

And another person of 83 years old. I respect these oldies and uneducated people. But for such mind set India is suffering and will continue to suffer.

Now again don't blame anyone else for the poverty.

Oh yes my friend
@gslv mk3
Actually you gave the photos of existing Ports in India.
In DMIC there will four more ports which are going to be developed other than the existing one and the newly made ports are going to be massive one.
actually i admire china economic revolution but they missed one point in their economic deveopment, which is railways though they modernized it and made good infrastructure for HSR but in this approach what they missed out was the commercial segment. As India and China are main population centers of above 1 billion people it would have given 1 to 2% (unlike other countries with far less population) of annual growth to china's economy.

They surely must have gone this way but as all know they didn't and this is where DMIC scores.
This project was made by great minded and well known economist of the world Mr Manmohan Singh( its not that i am being pro-congress or anti BJP courtesy i am the biggest hater of politics in the world) he knew that railways can give India Much needed 1 to 2% of economic growth and he took corridor type approach to upgrade indian economy as well as indian urban infrastructure and also that Railways can yearn benefits from this type of approach, he fixed all major components to make a economic corridor and............. VOILA the result is Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor(DMIC)

The benefits of this project is that it will make INDIA the cheapest place in the world in terms logistics cost even leapfrogging USA and China and also as you all are aware of INDIA has cheapest labor in the world cheapest than even not to talk about China. According to survey Delhi metro project costed 2.5 billion USD and Beijing metro was made of 4 to 4.5 billion USD so in this case imagine guyzz if DMIC would have been operational than how much would have been the cost of Delhi metro- any guesses? my guess is well below in the range of 1.5 to 2 Billion dollars or it may go less than that. Lets assume if you are a business men and if you see such a deal with a market which is home 1.3 to 1.5 billion people(after full completion of project ) with less labour costs anywhere in the world, with cheapest logistics costs anywhere in the world with ample opportunities of exports- what will you decide ,would you set up your manufacturing plant or not? i will leave the question for yourselves to answer.

And please do discussions and always upload latest news about the project on this thread but please keep it clean from trolling. Thanks in advance
@ashok mourya , @Kinetic , @ni8mare ,@jarves , @Ryuzaki ,@Dr. Sen ,@Echo_419, @Akheilos

Last edited:
In DMIC there will four more ports which are going to be developed other than the existing one and the newly made ports are going to be massive one.

One of them is Dighi port.Which are the other ones ?

Ports on the Delhi Mumbai industrial Corridor

Nhava Sheva

Masterplan

JNPT.jpg

View attachment 227943

Mundra

Masterplan

APSEZ-MUNDRA---COMPREHENSIV.gif

ImageMundraGUjarat.jpg

Kandla port

kpt-26-2-13.jpg

Pipvav port

strategic_mainimg.png

Development of first three smart cities - Shendre Bidkin Industrial City,Dholera SIR & Ujjain will start this year

DMIC phase I project launched in Maharashtra

Entails investment of Rs 17,319 cr, to generate 330,000 jobs

Sanjay Jog | Mumbai March 3, 2014

After nearly three years of delay, the Government of India and the Maharashtra government on Monday signed the state support agreement (SSA) and shareholders agreement (SA) for the first phase of much ambitious Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC). The phase I entails at investment of Rs 17,391 crore to cover 84 sq km of area in Aurangabad district of the underdeveloped Marathwada region. Initially, 32 sq km will be developed with Maharashtra government's 51% equity and balance 49% to be held by the Government of India. These agreements were today signed in the presence of chief minister Prithviraj Chavan and union minister for commerce and industries Anand Sharma.

Maharashtra government's equity will be towards equity while the Government of India will contribute funds for the development of trunk infrastructure. In addition, the Government of India will also pump in Rs 3,000 crore per each industrial township project.

The phase I project covers Shendre Bidkin Industrial City, multi modal logistics park at Karnad, exhibition cum convention centre at Aurangabad and water supply scheme for Shendra. These projects are expected to create 3,30,000 jobs.

The state run Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation has already acquired 3,200 hectare through consent route and the compensation of Rs 23 lakh per acre is being paid. The compensation is almost 50% more than what has been recommended in the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act. This apart, the project affected persons will also be provided 15% developed land.

According to Chavan, a total of 55,000 hecrare covering eight districts will be required for the completion of phase I and II DMIC projects in Maharashtra. He informed that the Japanese government and its banks and financial institutions have already assured loan for these projects. The phase II, which is expected to enhance the state's manufacturing capability, will include Dighi Port Industrial Area, Dhule mega industrial park, Nashik-Sinnar-Igatpuri investment region, muti modal logistics parks and greenfield mega city in Ahmednagar.

DMIC chief executive officer Amitabh Kant said that all the necessary approvals were in its possession. He informed that two gas based power projects are proposed in Indapur and Dighi.

Kant said DMIC project in Maharashtra will cover 29% area of the state and 18% project influence area. The proposed projects in phase I and II are expected to generate an additional 3.8 million manufacturing jobs in the state and the additional industrial output worth Rs 20 lakh crore by 2042.

“By 2017 or 2018 Dholera should be in business, construction to start in next less than 5 months”

This was stated by top official associated with Dholera smart city project in Gujarat during the session on Smart cities at 7th Vibrant Gujarat summit in Gandhinagar:

“Just last month we have floated our first tender for the roads and services for Dholera.So we expect that in less than five months we will start construction and construction will take place three to five years, so by 2017 or 18 Dholera should be in business.”

Dholera smart city is much talked about project, but nothing materialized on ground in all these years. The official in his speech stated: “In our case, the act was enacted in 2009. It takes couple of years for master planning which involves not just technical master planning but also public hearing process. Then comes environment clearances. And then you start design which takes 6 to 10 months. We have now environment clearances and tenders are floated last month.”

The official further said that the total area of proposed project is 422 sqm.

“Even first phase would involve 123 sq k area, and we would require 7-8 billion US$ just for basic infrastructure to develop the area in this size.”

“Therefore we decided on a strategy of ‘activation area’ which is 22.5 sq km in size.”

Tenders are floated for basic infrastructure in this size of area.

Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation takes off with Ujjain, Dholera next

India’s most ambitious infrastructure project since Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s 5,846-km Golden Quadrilateral project, the Rs 325,000-crore Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) took off last Wednesday with the corporation putting out bids for building trunk infrastructure in Vikram Udyogpuri near Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. The project, over 1,100 acres, is part of the larger 372 sq km Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow Investment Region in the state (see graphic).

The entire DMICDC project, over two phases, is to be spread over 24 cities and cover 5,500 sq km. The Japanese government has promised an initial $4.5 billion for the first phase of the project.

By March, bids will be awarded for building trunk infrastructure in three other areas which include the 920 sq km, R70,000-crore Dholera project in Gujarat — the initial bidding in Dholera will be for building the trunk infrastructure over 22 sq km; a total of 154 sq km has already been acquired by the state government.

Ujjain.jpg

Thanks for Info............

Oh yes my friend
@gslv mk3
Actually you gave the photos of existing Ports in India.
actually i admire china economic revolution but they missed one point in their economic deveopment, which is railways though they modernized it and made good infrastructure for HSR but in this approach what they missed out was the commercial segment. As India and China are main population centers of above 1 billion people it would have given 1 to 2% (unlike other countries with far less population) of annual growth to china's economy.

They surely have gone this way but as all know they didn't and this is where DMIC scores.
This project was made by great minds and well known economists of the world Mr Manmohan Singh( its not that i am being pro-congress or anti BJP courtesy i am the biggest hater of politics in the world) he knew that railways can give India Much needed 1 to 2% of economic growth and he took corridor type approach to upgrade indian economy as well as indian urban infrastructure and also that Railways can yearn benefits from this type of approach, he fixed all major components to make a economic corridor and............. VOILA the result is Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor(DMIC)

The benefits of this project is that it will make INDIA the cheapest place in the world in terms logistics cost even leapfrogging USA and China and also as you all are aware of INDIA has cheapest labor in the world cheapest than even not to talk about China. According to survey Delhi metro project costed 2.5 billion USD and Beijing metro was made of 4 to 4.5 billion USD so in this case imagine guyzz if DMIC would have been operational than how much would have been the cost of Delhi metro- any guesses? my guess is well below in the range of 1.5 to 2 Billion dollars or it may go less than that. Lets assume if you are a business men and if you see such a deal with a market which is home 1.3 to 1.5 billion people(after full completion of project ) with less labour costs anywhere in the world, with cheapest logistics costs anywhere in the world with ample opportunities of exports- what will you decide ,would you set up your manufacturing plant or not? i will leave the question for yourselves to answer.

And please do discussions and always upload latest news about the project on this thread but please keep it clean from trolling. Thanks in advance
@ashok mourya , @Kinetic , @ni8mare ,@jarves , @Ryuzaki ,@Dr. Sen ,@Echo_419, @Akheilos
Do I look like I care about whats happening in India?

Read my signature...NOT MY CIRCUS NOT MY MONKEYS! :coffee:

One of them is Dighi port.Which are the other ones ?
Sorry my bad, there are three seaports and 6 airports which are planned alongside DMIC.
One is Dighi airport as you rightly mentioned, 2nd will be the biggest seaport in the world which will be in Dholera itself, and i don't know exactly about the third one but i think it is going to be JNPT.

Do I look like I care about whats happening in India?

Read my signature...NOT MY CIRCUS NOT MY MONKEYS! :coffee:
Ohhh sorry my friend i misrecognized you with an india of the same name.
My personal apology but hey you are welcome here anytime bro.

Back
Top Bottom