What's new

Defense Analyst

Looking at all sorts of people claiming Defence analysts, I really doubt if you need any formal degree. All you need is a good knowledge of history and sensitive mind to read in between lines.. ofcourse a very cool head..

RK

Do you want to be someone like Bharat Varma who is invited "just for a laugh" by media or do you want to be someone like P.R. Chari who is invited for a serious discussions?

If you want to be like P.R. Chari I suggest studying in IR, War Studies, Strategic Studies etc ... I believe there is a Strategic Studies Institute in India.

I think Jawarharlal Nehru University(Delhi) offers Defence Studies for Post Graduation.

I think Jawarharlal Nehru University(Delhi) offers Defence Studies for Post Graduation.

I think there is also Conflict and Peace Studies Institute in India (think P.R. Chari is professor there).

National Defence University (NDU) - formerly National Defence College (NDC) - is also starting masters program for Civilians in Pakistan.

Yup ! I had Political Science, IR and Muslim History-&-Culture under my badge when I joined.

I believe some changes have been made before the former Chairman Zafar Iqbal Cheema left. Now Rifaat Hussain is in charge and further changes in admission policy are under consideration. I recommend you visit the department yourself and ask for "Sarwar Sahab." He has been there since the inception of the department and can guide you better.
Get an MSc. Degree from Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad in Defence & Strategic Studies. If you have it in you and perform well you'll be considered a potential analyst from your 4th semester. Immediately after your MSc ISI, IB and various Research Institutes/Organizations will offer jobs. Again if you have it in you and you have performed well you'll get the job.

Besides that you'll be student of analysts such as Dr. Rifaat Hussain, Perviaz Iqbal Cheema etc ...

Most of the Islamabad's IR and Defence analyst come from DSS.
I am going to do BS International Relations... Is it suitable for being a Defense Analyst

I am going to do BS International Relations... Is it suitable for being a Defense Analyst
But i guess you are TOO late with the advise, if it was an advise....
Our man asked the question in 2009 and by now he must have done whatever he enrolled in to do :P

Anyway, best of luck with you BS dear.

Anyone don't buy into this defense BS. This whole defense thing is nothing but hyperbole. In todays world no one like to pick up a fight. Everyone just want to make money. The only place today where defense theories apply is between the great powers, west and china and Russia. No defense analyst is required outside these countries. Whole defense thing outside this triangle is just fake drama. Everyone just want peace and trade and good relations.
Take Pakistan's example. It has created an illusory enemy where actually none exit. India doesn't have a penny to spare to harm or benefit Pakistan. In todays global economy every single country want its every penny for its own self. Not for some other country. An economic environment of efficiency has phase out war from our world already.

Pakistan does require new Defense Analysts and Technical Defense Analysts to inform about exact happenings in any battle and conflict. Public needs to be informed with new generation of media analysts as well as articles and discussion forums analysts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom