What's new

Debunking India's Military supremacy claims

No, it doesn't but a truck manufactured domestically is different from a truck imported, even if the domestically manufactured truck is manufactered under a foreign brand. In naval terms, compare F22P (at least one domestically built) and Pr. 11356 (pure import) frigates. A TEL domestically built on an imported chassis isn't the same as a fully domestically built TEL (even if that TEL is marketed under a non-domestic brand).

TATA 12x12 (India, licensee)
tata_lpta_5252.jpg

Tatra 12x12 (Czech, licensor)
32ab3264e64253d703c90ef565778a4d.jpg

129231.jpg

Whether this 12x12 chassis is used for a TEL, depends on the lenght of the payload, notg whether it can be produced.

Tatra 16x16 (Czech)
tatra_special_05_t815-7_16x8_chassis_streicher_03.jpg

India:
Beriev A-50EI: 3 + 2 on order
Embraer ERJ-145 AEWCS: 2 currently undergoing testing by DRDO and IAF. 1 more to be delivered
> 5+3 = 8

Pakistan:
Saab 2000 Erieye 4
Shaanxi ZDK-03 4
> 4+4=8
I was on about AWACS already in service. Not planned / on order /under test.
In numbers of deployed AWCS,Pakistan trumps India.

About K-15, being Quasi Ballistic or being able to fly a depressed trajectory is not Unique to India or K-15. Pretty much all SLBM or many ICBM can do that without the need of any fins.
There is data available for Trident being able to fly DT-60 or depressed trajectory at only 60 Km altitude at the expense of reduced range of 1700-2000 Km.
Having wings is not a must. In fact wings increase drag.
There must be good reason why nobody else uses wings on their SLBM?
Um no, a quasi-ballistic trajectory is different from a depressed trajectory. The tail fins are there to generate some amount of lift and provide maneuvering inside the atmosphere. K-15 has very 'slow' burning fuel, and just like Iskander, it sustains somewhat leveled flight inside the atmosphere while having the ability to execute evasive maneuvers. The flight profile is (kind of) like a solid-fueled cruise missile's, but at near hyper-sonic speeds.

About Agni-5 Range you are writing self contradictory comment. Read your own comment again. No it is not 8000 Km. It is what it is 5500Km.
I'm still working on the data set, I'll get back to you on this in a couple days.

About Booster on ICBM.
You are giving example of SS-18? A 110+ ton liquid fuel missile. Liquid fuel engine do not give abrupt massive thrust and need solid motor booster to get the vehicle going.
Not the same case with a solid fuel missile or launch vehicle.
Agni-5 is solid fueled not liquid?
Stop calling it a booster!
Being liquid or solid fueled doesn't matters. If a cold-launch is required, you need something to eject the weapon out of the canister/silo (irrespective of the weight) before the main stage kicks-in. If a hot launch is being performed (like in Minuteman-III, or test flights of DF-5), the main stage can do the job perfectly fine.

Missile dhakka-start nai hotay!

Um no, a quasi-ballistic trajectory is different from a depressed trajectory. The tail fins are there to generate some amount of lift and provide maneuvering inside the atmosphere. K-15 has very 'slow' burning fuel, and just like Iskander, it sustains somewhat leveled flight inside the atmosphere while having the ability to execute evasive maneuvers. The flight profile is (kind of) like a solid-fueled cruise missile's, but at near hyper-sonic speeds.

I'm still working on the data set, I'll get back to you on this in a couple days.

Stop calling it a booster!
Being liquid or solid fueled doesn't matters. If a cold-launch is required, you need something to eject the weapon out of the canister/silo (irrespective of the weight) before the main stage kicks-in. If a hot launch is being performed (like in Minuteman-III, or test flights of DF-5), the main stage can do the job perfectly fine.

Missile dhakka-start nai hotay!
Slow burning?
A third of the missile burns out in 16 seconds.

Snapshot comparison, non-structural. Anyway, numbers didn't match up on the Paf side either. And you are leaving out of the picture both the airframe capability (e.g. unrefuelled endurance) and the radar system performance. So, the numbers as such mean very littile.

And earlier on, the comparison WAS on about TEL's and trucks. SO, what I posted is relevant

OK the blue one's kind of weird, but using commercial backpacks, including those used by schoolchildren isn't uncommon. This man is a member of Norway's KJK special operations unit.
20161101JLH_0581.t5821cae4.m1600.x78f545a4.jpg

MJK uses them too.
20130612__PEDERTORPMATHISEN_010.t51b838c4.m1600.xb576e098.jpg

And FSK in Afghanistan.
tkafgL7C3261.t4fae26a8.m1600.xe5d2cc2b.jpg

Outside of special operations groups you have TMBN, part of Brigade Nord of the Norwegian Army.
20160521pkm-0085.t574287b0.m1600.x3ab43702.jpg

They're typical hiking packs that you'd find in the possession of any outdoor enthusiast. Schoolchildren too.

The military issued one looks like this.
ja%20IMG_9280-1.t5733fd14.m1600.x474df149.jpg

sbr_15.t528c7a28.m1600.xaa4a0b0b.jpg

The color of those used by the Indian soldiers isn't normal, I'll give you that, but the backpacks themselves aren't uncommon or out of place.

Yeah, thats the booster. Not the sustainer motor.

The sustainer motor also doesnt look like slow burning,looking at the size of the plume which is 1.75 times larger than missile (yeah i know not a very exact way of measuring thrust but still)
k-15.png

compare this to prithvi plume. thats slow burning, about than half the size of missile. Prithvi with big massive wings, steering small fins at the back and liquid fuel long time burning motor which can be throttled ...is likely candidate for Quasi ballistic.
I cant beleive the same is true for K-15

prithvi.png

The organization that seized anti-military bloggers last month, were they not also terrorists? Does Zarb e azb target them?

Your own think tank The Deterrent would disagree.

Your Uncle Sam and UN watchdog in their reports openly tells about the quality, safety of our weapons being better than yours which always fails test.

Stop making tales out of your behind.
Only report on Nuclear safety ranks us ahead of you guys:
http://www.nti.org/analysis/reports/2016-nti-nuclear-security-index-report/

You better wake up from your dreams. Our nukes safety, quality and Quantity is better than yours. Our nukes never failed test and your nukes always fails test. We have MIRV technology now, do you got it? We made tactical battlefiled missile Nasr first which was termed the most dangerous missile ever made in South Asia by your DR Ramamurti Rajaraman. The fact is that we are quite ahead from you in nukes technology.

Aur suna Chandu Chohan theek hai?? Ghussa thanda hoa uska? :D :D :D
Zinda hai woh bichara ya maar diya tumharai officers nai usko?

You better wake up from your dreams. Our nukes safety, quality and Quantity is better than yours. Our nukes never failed test and your nukes always fails test. We have MIRV technology now, do you got it? We made tactical battlefiled missile Nasr first which was termed the most dangerous missile ever made in South Asia by your DR Ramamurti Rajaraman. The fact is that we are quite ahead from you in nukes technology.

Aur suna Chandu Chohan theek hai?? Ghussa thanda hoa uska? :D :D :D
Zinda hai woh bichara ya maar diya tumhara officers nai usko?
Nope.
In each and every field of technology we are ahead be it nuclear technology or missile tech.

Aur sunao Sepoy Arif Ali ke ghussa thik hua kya? :D :D

This report proves your nukes technology:-

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-the-fourth-time/articleshow/56105444.cms

:D :D :D

I haven't seen an ignorant like you.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-the-fourth-time/articleshow/56105444.cms

And this one shows yours, Mr. ignorant

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/01/28/asia-pacific/norths-missiles-tied-to-musharraf-blunder/

Back
Top Bottom