What's new

Dar terms $1.5b donation a 'gift from friends'

@Kloitra, so I will see you ridiculing Israeli government, right?

Probably, if they were the same.
I don't know about their politics as much as I do about Pakistan. I do know that GoP took the easy way out.

Also, Israel has bigger economy than Pakistan, and smaller CAD with smaller aid received. But the point was govt.

Probably, if they were the same.
I don't know about their politics as much as I do about Pakistan. I do know that GoP took the easy way out.

Nicely deflected. First we were damned because it was GoP that receives aid not NGOs, now it's because of some other hypothetically reason because your revered friend Israel's government receive direct aid.

Let's put in more ifs and buts to make it specific to Pakistan alone.

Nicely deflected. First we were damned because it was GoP that receives aid not NGOs, now it's because of some other hypothetically reason because your revered friend Israel's government receive direct aid.

Not at all. You were damned because GoP received aid to maintain CAD. Nothing else.

Not at all. You were damned because GoP received aid to maintain CAD. Nothing else.

Nope we received IMF program for that, which we will pay back and some more. This is for infrastructure, motorways, power plants.

Nope we received IMF program for that, which we will pay back and some more. This is for infrastructure, motorways, power plants.
pay back and some more?????? perhaps you wanted to write much more.

Hopefully, what you and this minister say is true. What is more believable is this:
Foreign news agency Reuters had reported earlier this week that Saudi Arabia “loaned” $1.5 billion to Pakistan last month to help Islamabad shore up its foreign exchange reserves, meet debt-service obligations and undertake large energy and infrastructure projects.

The ‘friendly assistance’ has contributed to a sharp recovery of the Pakistani rupee, which rose to a nine-month high of 97.40 from 105.40 against the dollar between March 4 and 12, its strongest rally in 30 years.

Than again, it is a subjective discussion, so lets drop it here.

Anyway this is donation, good thing Pakistan will not need to pay back $3 billion. It means we can start huge infrastructure without begging for more loans which Bharat have tried to block in case of dams. Pakistan should be grateful, our friends just bailed us out with $3 billion donation.
there is no free lunch. There will be something attached which I can assume what... That something is going to pinch at a very wrong place at a very wrong time. God Bless Pakistan and Lift these Nooras to the heavens above.

Kia wakt aa gya hay.

Indian bhi izzat ki baat krte ha :D

At the end of the day we are Pakistanis and you Indians.No amount of GDP,Loan,Tanks or any f***ing thing can change it.

YOu certainly can't change your history of bowing down to teenagers and being ruled by minority idiots

Hopefully, what you and this minister say is true. What is more believable is this:

You do know the reason of the IMF package, it was balancing CAD primarily and you do know that we paid back 2.5 billion back to IMF this year alone, more than what we rev iced from them.

Than again, it is a subjective discussion, so lets drop it here.

That is a side effect not the reason why it was transferred, it is to be used for infrastructure projects, that's why it's a grant and not simply a limited term deposit which would have brought down dollar too.

Kia wakt aa gya hay.

Indian bhi izzat ki baat krte ha :D

At the end of the day we are Pakistanis and you Indians.No amount of GDP,Loan,Tanks or any f***ing thing can change it.

YOu certainly can't change your history of bowing down to teenagers and being ruled by minority idiots

PDF Bhartis delusionals, not only are they donar country but also will refuse gift of $21 billion because of ijat. Izzat is for us only :lol:

PDF Bhartis delusionals, not only are they donar country but also will refuse gift of $21 billion because of ijat. Izzat is for us only :lol:

Pakistan is to be reminded of izzat not shining India the recipient of similar amount of aid, not Israel recipient if similar amount of aid, not Europe which was built by Marshall plan.

Pakistan is to be reminded of izzat not shining India the recipient of similar amount of aid, not Israel recipient if similar amount of aid, not Europe which was built by Marshall plan.

Inko hamesha ijjat ki yaad hati hai jhab bhi Pakistan ka koi bala kare.

I hope the same for you..but it stills look distant far...

Agreed but you should not lose hope just try bit harder to avoid old habits ...... :whistle:
hope one day in the distant future you may succeed ...... :pop:
so in this case 'we are at equal footings' ..... late but accepted at last ..... :angel:

I really appreciate your sincerity .... :whistle:

Ignorance is bliss !! arrogance is an even bigger bliss !!....
you should see the figures of US external debt and then talk ...BTW how many running engines in your railways ??

I think being the 'bigger one' you are more experience in this ..... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom