What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Updates: foggy but progressing as usual
vCRBpld.jpg
Q04BN8h.jpg
sxp5a2O.jpg
X0iPmYm.jpg

Thanks ... but what progress can You see ?? ... and IMO still no paint !??

My god China, you are still tooooooo slowwwwwwww with this aircraft carrier. And it is NOT EVEN a nuclear-powered carrier! Paint it already, before Trump becomes president. Don't you have any real sense of urgency?! Where is your "China" speed? /end rant

My god China, you are still tooooooo slowwwwwwww with this aircraft carrier. And it is NOT EVEN a nuclear-powered carrier! Paint it already, before Trump becomes president. Don't you have any real sense of urgency?! Where is your "China" speed? /end rant

@Deino

Sorry, but what a stupid post !

If You look how fast these engineers were to put this ship together I don't know what You expected. Just take a look at how long it usually takes for a ship of such size and complexity and a comparison to a CVN is plain off since it is simply Chinese first carrier !

Corrections to some silly posts here:-

1/ The 'Liaoning' is not a just a training vessel, but a fully fledged combat ship. Even the Chinese authorities have stated this. Do people here really think, that a vessel that has been given a full suite of weapons systems, and a squadron of combat aircraft, would not be used in a conflict, if the need arose? :hitwall:

2/ The post from 'Huan' was absolutely ridiculous, concerning the build speed of China's second carrier. In fact it has been built so far at a 'very rapid' pace, and its been speculated that the vessel should be launched around Spring time next year. I think people are so used to looking at photos on the internet, that they forget the reality that these vessels are truly massive in size, and it requires a whole army of people to construct these vessels, and there is tons of work to be done in the inside of the carrier as well. It takes the US at least 7 years to construct one of their carriers, and the fact that they are nuclear powered is another irrelevant fact to the build timetable. :hitwall:

That's my rant over! :-)

Corrections to some silly posts here:-

1/ The 'Liaoning' is not a just a training vessel, but a fully fledged combat ship. Even the Chinese authorities have stated this. Do people here really think, that a vessel that has been given a full suite of weapons systems, and a squadron of combat aircraft, would not be used in a conflict, if the need arose? :hitwall:

2/ The post from 'Huan' was absolutely ridiculous, concerning the build speed of China's second carrier. In fact it has been built so far at a 'very rapid' pace, and its been speculated that the vessel should be launched around Spring time next year. I think people are so used to looking at photos on the internet, that they forget the reality that these vessels are truly massive in size, and it requires a whole army of people to construct these vessels, and there is tons of work to be done in the inside of the carrier as well. It takes the US at least 7 years to construct one of their carriers, and the fact that they are nuclear powered is another irrelevant fact to the build timetable. :hitwall:

That's my rant over! :-)
I think it would be of great tremendous symbolism if China were to finish this carrier right on the eve of New Year 2017 though.

Sorry, but what a stupid post !

If You look how fast these engineers were to put this ship together I don't know what You expected. Just take a look at how long it usually takes for a ship of such size and complexity and a comparison to a CVN is plain off since it is simply Chinese first carrier !
Well hopefully then, onto assembly-line prefab type manufacturing of carriers by 2030-2035ish.

Is that island painted ??? Finally seems so !

updates: painting going on as schedule
最新网友拍摄到的图片显示,国产001A型航母的刷漆作业已经明确开始,可以看到连桅杆顶部也支起脚手架准备刷漆。同时,可以看到舰岛有一部分已经刷上漆,显得白亮亮的。(来源:超大 蓝鲨小队)
99qvMsI.jpg

Cold wet winter, not good for painting. Better do interior installatiion instead.

(Take a note: Motor car chasis are painted and baked in oven room so that paint can dry fast)

Back
Top Bottom