"We can confirm that the event is
actually happening," said a member of
mission control at NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory. "We are
receiving heartbeat tones at this time,
things are looking good."

mars_touch_down3.jpg

First photo transmition from Mars .

Great news.....any info on the main mission objectives ?

Yups....looks like part of feasibility study as one of its aim.

First pics:

Azl6LRUCMAAU1GK.jpg:large

Low-resolution of wheel and horizon

Azl7LXOCUAAJT5z.jpg:large

Higher resolution of Curiosity's shadow on the surface of Mars.

Saw the feed on CNN of the control room. They went absolutely wild - men hugging women, women hugging women, men hugging men. The mission was in the planning for over a decade and from construction to launch to landing took something like seven years. The crew never knew if their long efforts would pay off until this very moment.

2012-08-06T054853Z_1_CBRE8750G5L00_RTROPTP_2_USA-MARS.JPG

Better screenshot of the first image.

Soil , temperature testing for any sings of H20 , biological life , weather patterns you name it. All prep for a human flight to the red planet that maybe necessary.

"Curiosity" perfect name :)

WOw no words can describe what just happened. One of the best engineering adventures in human history. Good job Americans. Hopefully one day India will do something similiar or bigger.

WOw no words can describe what just happened. One of the best engineering adventures in human history. Good job Americans. Hopefully one day India will do something similiar or bigger.
A rover to moon (but russian) and orbital to Mars is on the table right now.

How awesome the sight of that sky hook lowering the rover on Mar's surface would have been? A freaking crazy idea to put anything on the the surface of Mars!! And it worked!! This particular method of landing anything on Mar's surface was the most interesting part of the whole mission.

That kind of crazy thinking separates the geniuses from mere mortals!

A rover to moon (but russian) and orbital to Mars is on the table right now.

Dude the rover India is sending to moon and the mars orbiter is primitive as compared to what the americans have done. Me and my engineering friends were watching this rover land live and talking about this will fail and Americans will loose face. Almost everyone said this will fail even my profs said americans are crazy. Best control engineering projects ever. Doing this on earth is easy but on another planet is amazing. Americans have also engineered a way to land sensitive space labs, humans and equipment for the future.

Indian satellite on mars will study the atmosphere thorughly + we will have info from american missions. But chandrayaan is yet to take off. Lander is not ready. Stupid ruskies.

Anyways Hats off to America. enjoy.

Dude the rover India is sending to moon and the mars orbiter is primitive as compared to what the americans have done. Me and my engineering friends were watching this rover land live and talking about this will fail and Americans will loose face. Almost everyone said this will fail even my profs said americans are crazy. Best control engineering projects ever. Doing this on earth is easy but on another planet is amazing. Americans have also engineered a way to land sensitive space labs, humans and equipment for the future.

Indian satellite on mars will study the atmosphere thorughly + we will have info from american missions. But chandrayaan is yet to take off. Lander is not ready. Stupid ruskies.

Anyways Hats off to America. enjoy.
Buddy I know that.....just telling you our progress.

US is decades ahead of all....

Back
Top Bottom