What's new

CPEC Projects in KPK: Where has it gone wrong ?

Only mistake that Kpk went wrong in having PTI as its spokesperson....that's why I say some extent PTI hypocritically is worst then ANP.

Only mistake that Kpk went wrong in having PTI as its spokesperson....that's why I say some extent PTI hypocritically is worst then ANP.

KPK had gone to the wrong people in the past. Its currently in the right hands. If talking about your rights is wrong then nothing can be done to help a such mindsets. And by the way ANP, JUI-F are also with PTI on this.

You do live in fairyland.

Didn't you knew that already ? Yaar Azad bhai kae posts perha karooo, you will enjoy. He comes from the best of the best fairylands on earth.

CPEC Website: http://www.pc.gov.pk/?page_id=5352
If you see the details of projects, location and cost. It looks like KPK is rightly concerned.

Projects in KPK under CPEC:
  • Expansion and Reconstruction of existing Line ML-1 Main Line from Peshawar to Karachi 3,650 Million USD.[But most of ML-1 goes through Sindh and Punjab, only entering KPK after passing through Rawalpindi]
  • Havelian Dry Port Mansehra, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 40 Million USD
  • Cross Border Optical Fiber Cable, Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Federal Capital 44 Million USD [But again only limited length will go through KPK. But that makes sense since idea is connect China to existing Optic Fibre Network in Pakistan]
  • KKH Upgradation 3,500 Million USD [But again most part resides in GB and going onward to Islamabad.]
  • SukiKinari Hydropower Station, KPK 1,802 Million USD

So only sizable investment in KPK is 1.8 Billion USD power project.

Compare these to numerous energy and transmission line projects in Sindh and Punjab and plus the Karachi-Peshawar Motorway Project. But we know M1, M2, M3 already exist, so all of the new investment under CPEC will be in areas of Punjab and Sindh.

I think the problem here is that PML-N promised Karachi-Lahore Motorway in election campaign and to fulfill that promise they need to make motorway part of CPEC otherwise I don't think they can secure investment to complete it.

So I think on a quick glance following is the order of investment(highest to lowest) under CPEC:
  1. Sindh
  2. Punjab
  3. Balochistan
  4. KPK & GB
God forbid this is another Bangladesh in the making. Just because our PM could not think beyond his vote-bank.

http://www.pc.gov.pk/?page_id=5352
i think terming everything as Bangladesh in making is not the right trend or attitude. By using this card political parties are brain washing people by including God forbid. It has become their hallmark to oppose things for the sake of opposing. When it comes to national interests some imbalance should be accommodated. In one of my posts on the forum i shared a couple of maps, including chinese idea of three silk routes. In this project main stakeholder is China, it will be them who will be in driving seat. I am sure they will not keep provinces paramount, but their own interest. I see on of the posts in this thread which talks about terrain. Yes this could be one of the reasons for current corridor. Our problem is that we start commenting on the issue based on media projection, which in most of the time is incorrect. Or based on political propaganda which has never been for the country but to satisfy their own pockets.

Though ideally federal government has to be unbiased, but it has not been true with regards to Pakistan. Unfortunately, Punjab majority government has been inclined towards Punjab, but the question is Sindh oriented governments have always been interested in their personal interest leaving interior sindh in shambles. Karachi mandate government has been inclined towards strengthening a single entity. When Balochistan PM came he could have atleast done something for Dera Murad Jamali, but he did not. GIK had been very powerful president for a very long time, KP remained neglected. I feel that blame game should stop and we should work for the country. If we want to keep identity of this country, then it is imperative to have more provinces, not only in Sindh, but in Punjab, KP, and Balochistan. When we have 18-20 provinces, VIP culture will also be curbed. Federation will gain the strength with appropriate powers delegated to the provinces. And of course these provinces should not be made on the basis of language. It should be based on a formula based on Population density. Even if it calls for making more than one province out of Lahore and Karachi.

Yaar aap tun tu nahi hoo kahien ?? Where does in our posts we said NO CPEC ? Have you read the discussion ?

Please dont use such uncivilised language as you are a moderator. I have my own opinion doesnt give you right to include others in your sarcasm full of Insult. I will just leave it at that as i could reply in kind but i wont.

Very rightly said. Our objective should be to get the project going. Benefits will automatically trickle all along the corridor.

That is what people here just dont get that benefits will come down the line. Every one is stuck in typical political rhetoric that political leaders bestow upon us. Before khatak opened his mouth every one was celebrating this project with optimism. Some people here just dont get that this is not a fight for resources but politician are now feeling their pockets empty.

Once again there may not be a single route but let's start with routes that pass through backward and impoverished areas, what's the harm in that we know the western route has already decent infrastructure.

As far as i have seen the updates in relevant threads, roads in every province are being build. But anyway eastern route is critical to give initial boost for Gawadar port operations, For China - CPEC will be mostly used for northwestern region which is in process of development and industrialization, So it's not that there will line of trucks to/from China as soon as road is built but it will increase gradually. But port operations and development of Gawadar can be supported by using Gawadar instead of Karachi for imports/exports of Punjab. It make no business sense for an investor to ignore/delay the connectivity with country's largest consumer base and start reaping benefits as early as possible just to make some people happy.

But yeah - Punjabis are evil, they were evil in British India, they have been evil since creation of Pakistan and they will remain so till end of time.

Last edited:
Hi,

If punjab and Nawaz has no issues then let the road run thru baluchistan and KPK----that is the best route---.

The Lahore route is to please India----Nawaz has sold out to India---there is no other reason for Lahore to be in the primary route construction----.

Actually there is no reason for cpec road to come thru Lahore at all----there is already a major traffic problem---.

What the hell. When will you get it through to your head that I am not a PTI fanboy. I'm simply against KPK and Baluchistan being skinned. Enough of other related bullshit. Either there will be a COMPLETE agreement on CPEC between provinces on federal level, or no CPEC. No matter how insane that may sound to you, that is how a federation should operate. As simple as that.

Bhae band kar do meri taraf say kam az kam yay Gadhoon ka dangal to band hoga. Jo tamasha lagaya wa hai agalay tang aa kar yehi kahein gay kay dangraan day rah jao sarey.

Stay dirt poor as we have even been successful in that field in the past as well.

Enough with their bullshit. I'll be traveling to Peshawar in two days, I'll convene a meeting of my chamber there as well. It's time to put a constitutional wrench into the whole thing, unless Punjab starts to dance to our tunes.
My support won't matter that much but being a Pakistani and Punjabi, I fully support you.This upper Punjab centric Establishment can go f*uck themselves. And I have a feeling that Khakis are on board with Ganjas on this issue. If FATA and KPK get developed, their roti pani will evaporate which comes in form of Collation Support Fund and etc and Amrika won't need them anymore. Afterall where have all the funds gone that come for development of FATA. The injustic being done to Pashtuns and Balochs since 80 should finally come to an end.

Well
You do live in fairyland.

Unfortunately , the standard practice is that provinces creates electricity, it is first used in the province , and then the excess is sold to National GRID, The national grid calculate the energy used by consumers (who ever they may be) and the send $$$ to province that supplied the excess electricity

There is no fairy tale about it , WAPDA owns the project however it has to pay royalty fees to KPK from profits of selling its electricity

So yes , 9,500 MW electric projects (Via DESU Dam , and Bhasha Dam) in KPK area benefit , the resident of the province as its additional revenue to improve the province on top of Yearly federal budget which allocates funds for province

If 17 Billion of Investment went into KPK (Via DESU Dam , and Bhasha Dam) , it was no problem. No other province deserve equal investment , Sindh Share = ZERO, Punjab Share= Zero , Baluchistan share = zero

However when More investment goes to Sindh/Punjab via CPEC investment model , now we need a share in it , even when 2 billion was given in more investment

However when you look at the big view ...

All provinces are getting good funding almost equal investment

Last edited:
Dude, it doesn't matter if someone supports us or not. CPEC is bound to geography, no way in hell that it's going to work without KPK and Baluchistan on board. Punjab can cry till eternity.

Furthermore, you are right. Punjab needs to be divided between North and South Punjab and Seraikistan needs to be carved out of both these provinces. Lahore gives the impression that ALL of Punjab is their bitch, which in fact is not right. Lahoristan is not equal to Punjab.

My support won't matter that much but being a Pakistani and Punjabi, I fully support you.This upper Punjab centric Establishment can go f*uck themselves. And I have a feeling that Khakis are on board with Ganjas on this issue. If FATA and KPK get developed, their roti pani will evaporate which comes in form of Collation Support Fund and etc and Amrika won't need them anymore. Afterall where have all the funds gone that come for development of FATA. The injustic being done to Pashtuns and Balochs since 80 should finally come to an end.

Feel free to discuss whether CPEC projects listed below are wrong and what needs to be added to remove concerns, if any.

Industrial and Economic Zones
:

Marble and Granite based industrial estate at Mansehra (80 acres, mining)

Industrial estate Nowshera (1,000 acres, manufacturing)

Expansion of Industrial Estate Hattar (424 acres, manufacturing)

Industrial estate at Chitral (80 acres, food processing)

Industrial Estate Ghazi (90 acres, manufacturing)

industrial estate Dera Ismail Khan (188 acres, manufacturing)

Industrial estate at border of Kohat and Karak and industrial

Economic zone at Bannu (400 acre) identified as sites for SEZs under the CPEC.

While Punjab is being blamed for getting the whole share, there will be 8 special economic zones in the KP while 7 such zones in Punjab.

Energy Projects:

870 MW Suki Kanari Hydropower Project

2,160 MW Dasu Hydropower Project

Dry Ports:

Havelian Dry Port

Highways / Expressways :

Thalkot - Havelian (KKH Phase 2) 120 Km

Mansehra - Hassanabdal Expressway (E-35) 110 Km

Nowshera - Chitral (N-45) 309 Km

Quetta - DI Khan (N-50) 531 Km

Railways:

New Rail track Havelian - Khunjrab 682 Km

Upgrade and Electrification of Karachi-Peshawar Rail track (ML-1) 1,961 Km

New Rail track Quetta - DI Khan (Extension of ML-3) 560 Km

New Rail track Peshawar - Jalalabad 146 Km

Well

Unfortunately , the standard practice is that provinces creates electricity, it is first used in the province , and then the excess is sold to National GRID, The national grid calculate the energy used by consumers (who ever they may be) and the send $$$ to province that supplied the excess electricity

There is no fairy tale about it , WAPDA owns the project however it has to pay royalty fees to KPK from profits of selling its electricity

So yes , 9,500 MW electric projects (Via DESU Dam , and Bhasha Dam) in KPK area benefit , the resident of the province as its additional revenue to improve the province on top of Yearly federal budget which allocates funds for province

If 17 Billion of Investment went into KPK (Via DESU Dam , and Bhasha Dam) , it was no problem. No other province deserve equal investment , Sindh Share = ZERO, Punjab Share= Zero , Baluchistan share = zero

However when More investment goes to Sindh/Punjab via CPEC investment model , now we need a share in it , even when 2 billion was given in more investment

However when you look at the big view ...

All provinces are getting good funding almost equal investment
The whole issue is that we don't know what is included in CPEC without official documentation of projects which have been signed by both parties. If it is disclosed, all this issue can be sorted out easily but Federal Govt. of PMLN is keeping it under the carpets and just making big claims for western part. This means that either there are no projects for western route or they are delaying them and using funds for eastern projects against the decision of 28th's may APC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom