What's new

Counterinsurgency | Exclusive Interview with a Pakistani Special Forces Operator.

The moment i started reading it,i was incapacitated.I couldn't move an inch before finishing this wonderful interview.It made me feel like i was there fighting those terrorist worms.
RESPECT AND A SALUTE TO SSG.
YOU ARE THE BEST.

Itz 2 : 00 am and i couldn't sleep before reading this excellent interview.

Now onwards SSG's heroics and tactics should be taught for COIN.
thanks for your feedback I will pass it on to the gentleman I have interviewed.
my old friendship and relations paid off because I was able to have a free and frank discussion and we went at length to keep the information interesting enough without being exhausting. these guys like to live in a mystery but I convinced everyone that I will ensure that information that will be shared is not sensitive and will actually give confidence to peace loving public that terrorists are being hunted down and defeated

wow! Breathtaking.

Absolutely brilliant...

May Allah bless Pakistan complete victory against its fight against terrorism.

The last part of the interview is very important.

Pakistan needs to figure out its political situation, massively improve its justice system, and improve the over-all situation of masses in order to achieve complete victory over this virus of extremism---Inshallah!

Wow and bravo Irfan Baloch for providing us this amazing read and thank you Mr SSG you guys just don't know how to lose .. You make Pakistan Proud .. Professionalism of the Highest Level and I don't even have to say anything about ISI you guys are the reason Pakistan is Still on map of this World and we as a nation owe you everything

Incase anyone wondering, This was the Op which is being discussed in interview

Pakistani military kills local Taliban leader, captures al Qaeda bomb expert

By BILL ROGGIOJune 28, 2014

The Pakistani military said it killed the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's commander for the town of Miramshah in North Waziristan and captured an al Qaeda explosives expert during its ongoing offensive in the tribal agency.

The Inter-Services Public Relations, the Pakistani military's public affairs branch, claimed that the "TTP [Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan or Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan] commander of Miramshah, Commander Umer has been killed by security forces last night on the outskirts of Miranshah."

The Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan has not announced the death of its commander in Miramshah. An email sent to the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's media department has not been answered at this time.

Additionally, security forces claimed to have captured "one prominent al Qaeda commander" who was "trying to flee from surrounded area in NWA [North Waziristan Agency]." The Pakistani military identified him as "an explosive, IED, [and] suicide belt expert," but did not name him.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/06/pakistani_military_k.php

should send the PDF file to the LWJ.

Good read but we need to still work on Snipers train them more and equip them with better long range and more accurate Guns and start a new training place for them than we also need more Attack and also Medium Size Transport helicopters for our Special Forces and Finally work more on training in advanced training areas @Horus and @Irfan Baloch Nice work guys

Good read but we need to still work on Snipers train them more and equip them with better long range and more accurate Guns and start a new training place for them than we also need more Attack and also Medium Size Transport helicopters for our Special Forces and Finally work more on training in advanced training areas @Horus and @Irfan Baloch Nice work guys
thanks Zarvan
you are absolutely correct.
the special forces are always training and practicing and when they are not training they are actually in combat.

maintaining weapons expertise is not a static concept and needs to be practiced. there is a steep learning curve though as there is actual combat happening as we write these posts

@Irfan Baloch

Tell your contact that he needs to talk to the procurement department. These boys need Cheytac M-2000 or similar long range rifles. These boys were shooting a PSR-90 with .308 load which restricts their operational range. Recently the SSGs have started to use .338 lapua with their Arctic Warfares. Those rounds give supersonic velocity and a range that may be between 1500-2000 mt.

They can send in snipers with PSR-90s, Sigs and AWs to cover the incursion and extraction. Long range rifles however give a capability to establish a 2000 mt kill zone. If these boys came under attack from another terrorist party on the way to exfiltration, the long range rifles could've covered them for a good 2km.

The very fact that these boys were carrying M-82s means that they were also anticipating to disable enemy vehicles with .50 cal AP rounds, if a persuit began after the extract.

BTW, can we please know that from where the raiding mounted on the helis?

My first guess would be Tarbela...but can we get some accurate info if possible?

@Irfan Baloch

Tell your contact that he needs to talk to the procurement department. These boys need Cheytac M-2000 or similar long range rifles. These boys were shooting a PSR-90 with .308 load which restricts their operational range. Recently the SSGs have started to use .338 lapua with their Arctic Warfares. Those rounds give supersonic velocity and a range that may be between 1500-2000 mt.

They can send in snipers with PSR-90s, Sigs and AWs to cover the incursion and extraction. Long range rifles however give a capability to establish a 2000 mt kill zone. If these boys came under attack from another terrorist party on the way to exfiltration, the long range rifles could've covered them for a good 2km.

The very fact that these boys were carrying M-82s means that they were also anticipating to disable enemy vehicles with .50 cal AP rounds, if a persuit began after the extract.
boy you are a mind reader
you nailed it

they were exactly expecting that and planning to disable the reinforcements or escape bid of terrorists in their favored double cabin trucks.

I had a sheet of paper where I was scribbling down key words and thats something that came up but i missed writing it down. the powerful incendiary round not only disables the engine but the rifle is also good to give enough energy to penetrate the windscreen and take out the driver over 1000 yards and more. I don't know, a bullet from SIG might ricochet after hitting the screen from distance.

to be honest he understood he didnt list down all of their tactical gear which is understandable.

SSG is as much decentralized and nontraditional as a force in army can be. they are much free from the traditional red tape so their weapons are very versatile as you can see from some pictures. the reason for using SIG at close range, as he explained was to bring the semi automatic fire and since he was within 400 meters so the rifle was adequate.

BTW, can we please know that from where the raiding mounted on the helis?

My first guess would be Tarbela...but can we get some accurate info if possible?
thats what he on purpose requested to omit and declined comment
base locations, flight time, artillery support those kind of things

they could have used any permanent or temporary helipad

Back
Top Bottom