What's new

Cool!Pics of 99 MBT in 2014 Manuoeuvre at Zhu-Ri-He training field

But it has the same lay out of the 99 right.
024241hyhez60yxoq1awye.jpg

99A

Any way I'm not sure about it yet but what I'm sure about is the Russian t-90 is coming to fight terrorism in Iraq.

BTW where does the type-99 to 99a store the xtra amo.

Any way I'm not sure about it yet but what I'm sure about is the Russian t-90 is coming to fight terrorism in Iraq.

You will find our extra armor if you look at it closer. Modern extra armor can keep shape with the turret, not like the old ones used by T-72

T-90S or T-90SM?

Type 99 tank is the top of the line model for China. It is not likely to be exported. Typically the buyers will go for type 59 refits and richer ones goes for pre-type 96 versions.
wow my friend, you know I like china so I don't wana say any thing make you guys mad and sad.

but any way, we can buy the Russians tanks and S.korean tanks please don't tell me your type-99A2 any better than the Russians tanks or the real deal korean one.

from Iraq with love to china sorry for my wrong news.

wow my friend, you know I like china so I don't wana say any thing make you guys mad and sad.

but any way, we can buy the Russians tanks and S.korean tanks please don't tell me your type-99A2 any better than the Russians tanks or the real deal korean one.

Our type 99 is not much different in terms of effectiveness to the world's best. I mean each tank has their own uses, for example type 99 maybe the Chinese's MBT, but even more type 96 are used, and made, because it is smaller and thus fits the terrain better than a type 99 would.

But overall like I said, it's not about good or bad, type 99 can be garbage and it still won't be exported, because China makes special versions for all exports. This is important as to never reveal the exact specifications of a Chinese weapon.

That model maybe MBT-3000 or 2000, if it is to be imported. MBT-3000 is one of the best tanks available for export.

But it has the same lay out of the 99 right.
I think the models of tank and UAVs are presents sent by Norinco.Maybe Norinco talked
with Iraq Government about military sale before.

Type99A is over 10 tons heavier than T90,and compared with T90's 1150 hp engine,type99A has a 1500 hp engine(150HB).And when it comes to tank industry,don't mention S.Korea.Unlike China and Russia,S.Korea has poor experience in tank design.K2 is just a plastic toy.

Erm, I am not mad. What give you that impression?

Anyways, most of the weapon exporters are not going to export its top of the line model, though there are exceptions to the rule. Germany, for example, export top of the line models of their tanks because it doesn't have much of a standing army due to surrender conditions from WWII.

Take Russians tanks, for example, the top of the line model for Russian army is the T-90A and the export model is the T-90S, what are their differences? Well:

1. Fire power: T-90S (export) uses the 2A46M-1 125mm smooth bore gun with 3BM32/42 armor piercing shell, penetration depth is rated at 500/600 mm (3BM32 and 3BM42 respectively) of steel.
T-90A (domestic) uses the 2A46M-4 125 mm smooth bore gun with 3BM48 type armor piercing shell, penetration depth is rated at 850 mm and theorized to have a max penetration depth of 950 mm. (It is comparable to Type-99's ZPT-98 125mm gun which has a penetration depth of 960 mm. Though ZPT-98 has about 45% more initial kinetic energy)
2. Armor: T-90S originally uses composite armor similar to the British chobham armor with aluminum-plastic composites, rated at 530mm of steel. The later ones are updated with Kontakt reactive armor rated at 1020 mm for the turret and 900 mm for the body.
T-90A is initially equipped with ceramic composite armor and later updated to use relikt reactive armor which is rated at 1150~1800mm for the turret and 950~1500mm for the body. (It is comparable to Type-99 tank, which has a double reactive armor rated at 1200 mm for the body. I don't have the information for the turret armor.)
3. Power/mobility:
T-90S has a V-84 12-cyl 840hp engine at 18.1 hp/tonne and a theoretical speed of 55 km/hr, though at high temperature, it is mainly limited to 40 km/hr.
T-90A has a V-96 12-cyl 1,250 hp engine at 26.3 hp/tonne and a maximum speed of 65 km/hr,
(In comparison, Type 99 has a 2,100 hp engine weight at 28 hp/tonne and a maximum speed of 80km/hr.)
4. The fire control system is a bit difficult to compare directly, though T-90A has a integrated fire control system with satellite location and night imaging as well as automatic re-loader. The T-90S didn't start with night vision capacity, though this is somewhat remedied by purchasing additional imaging systems from France. In comparison, Type-99 is functionally similar to T-90A, but with additional accuracy and laser suppression system.

The Korean K2 only entered production in 2011, so we don't have a lot of information yet, but since it plans to use the German L55 120mm smooth bore, it is like capable of 780mm of penetration with German supplied ammunitions. I do believe South Korea announced that they developed their own armor piercing Tungsten ammunition capable of 600 mm of armor penetration. It plans to use a 1500hp engine with power/weight ratio of 27.2 hp/tonne and maximum speed of 80 km/hr.

It is actually pretty silly to compare even T-90A with Type 99. T-90A is based on the old Soviet 72 Tank, which is a medium tank. The operation doctrine of T-72 is to use mobility to concentrate sufficient number of units to thin out enemy tank lines. Type 99 is a heavy tank that is based on the old Soviet T-80 tank, which is heavy tank. The operation doctrine of T-80 is the heavy, elite force that is used to break through enemy position.

Erm, I am not mad. What give you that impression?

Anyways, most of the weapon exporters are not going to export its top of the line model, though there are exceptions to the rule. Germany, for example, export top of the line models of their tanks because it doesn't have much of a standing army due to surrender conditions from WWII.

Take Russians tanks, for example, the top of the line model for Russian army is the T-90A and the export model is the T-90S, what are their differences? Well:

1. Fire power: T-90S (export) uses the 2A46M-1 125mm smooth bore gun with 3BM32/42 armor piercing shell, penetration depth is rated at 500/600 mm (3BM32 and 3BM42 respectively) of steel.
T-90A (domestic) uses the 2A46M-4 125 mm smooth bore gun with 3BM48 type armor piercing shell, penetration depth is rated at 850 mm and theorized to have a max penetration depth of 950 mm. (It is comparable to Type-99's ZPT-98 125mm gun which has a penetration depth of 960 mm. Though ZPT-98 has about 45% more initial kinetic energy)
2. Armor: T-90S originally uses composite armor similar to the British chobham armor with aluminum-plastic composites, rated at 530mm of steel. The later ones are updated with Kontakt reactive armor rated at 1020 mm for the turret and 900 mm for the body.
T-90A is initially equipped with ceramic composite armor and later updated to use relikt reactive armor which is rated at 1150~1800mm for the turret and 950~1500mm for the body. (It is comparable to Type-99 tank, which has a double reactive armor rated at 1200 mm for the body. I don't have the information for the turret armor.)
3. Power/mobility:
T-90S has a V-84 12-cyl 840hp engine at 18.1 hp/tonne and a theoretical speed of 55 km/hr, though at high temperature, it is mainly limited to 40 km/hr.
T-90A has a V-96 12-cyl 1,250 hp engine at 26.3 hp/tonne and a maximum speed of 65 km/hr,
(In comparison, Type 99 has a 2,100 hp engine weight at 28 hp/tonne and a maximum speed of 80km/hr.)
4. The fire control system is a bit difficult to compare directly, though T-90A has a integrated fire control system with satellite location and night imaging as well as automatic re-loader. The T-90S didn't start with night vision capacity, though this is somewhat remedied by purchasing additional imaging systems from France. In comparison, Type-99 is functionally similar to T-90A, but with additional accuracy and laser suppression system.

The Korean K2 only entered production in 2011, so we don't have a lot of information yet, but since it plans to use the German L55 120mm smooth bore, it is like capable of 780mm of penetration with German supplied ammunitions. I do believe South Korea announced that they developed their own armor piercing Tungsten ammunition capable of 600 mm of armor penetration. It plans to use a 1500hp engine with power/weight ratio of 27.2 hp/tonne and maximum speed of 80 km/hr.

It is actually pretty silly to compare even T-90A with Type 99. T-90A is based on the old Soviet 72 Tank, which is a medium tank. The operation doctrine of T-72 is to use mobility to concentrate sufficient number of units to thin out enemy tank lines. Type 99 is a heavy tank that is based on the old Soviet T-80 tank, which is heavy tank. The operation doctrine of T-80 is the heavy, elite force that is used to break through enemy position.
Well done, but you forgot to answer my question which is where the type 99 store the extra ammunition does it store it inside the the turret and hull just like the Russian do?.

Well done, but you forgot to answer my question which is where the type 99 store the extra ammunition does it store it inside the the turret and hull just like the Russian do?.

The short answer is NO。

Back
Top Bottom