What's new

Commissioning of ICGS Mayabunder

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Coast Guard Station Mayabunder, the first CG Station in the North Andaman Islands was commissioned by the Defence Secretary, Shri Shashi Kant Sharma today. The station is a part of ongoing efforts by the Coast Guard to strengthen Maritime and Coastal Security and the assets based at Mayabunder will help augment patrolling along the Northern Group of Islands for safeguarding Indian maritime interests.

Speaking on the occasion, Defence Secretary, Shri Shashi Kant Sharma lauded the efforts of the Indian Coast Guard in maintaining a high state of vigil in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands resulting in apprehension of a large number of poachers and saving of precious human lives during search and rescue operations. He further said that the implementation of the Coastal Surveillance Network project would be a major milestone in ensuring near gap-free radar surveillance of these Islands.

Addressing the gathering, Commander-in-Chief Andaman and Nicobar Air Marshal P K Roy stressed the need for maintaining continuous vigil of this strategically important archipelago. He further stated that the Coast Guard had initiated several far-reaching measures to augment force levels and manpower to meet existing and future maritime challenges.

Coast Guard Station Mayabunder will function under the administrative and operational control of the Commander Coast Guard Region (A&N) through the Commander Coast Guard District Headquarter-9 located at Diglipur. Commandant (JG) Umed Singh has been appointed as the Commanding Officer of the station.

Inspector General VSR Murthy, Commander Coast Guard Region (A&N) and senior officials from the A&N administration were also present on the occasion.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Andama and Nicobar is like our forward position wrt. Chinese navy ,it needs to be fortified in every way possible.Good move Cost Guard in Andaman should be properly provided with adequate number of vesseles with advanced communication devices and firepower to pack a punch .

i think we need one strong airforce base too in A&N islands too prevent chinese intrusion in IOR(especially 1 sqd of su 30/35 with brahmos).

i think we need one strong airforce base too in A&N islands too prevent chinese intrusion in IOR(especially 1 sqd of su 30/35 with brahmos).
Su-35???
MKI would be overkill new upgraded squadron of Darin-3 would suffice.

These two spots are strategic spots that India has, with control of both spots you could stop all Chinese ships and close down the ocean from the Chinese. since, the Chinese are heavily reliant on exports, this would be the place IN would have to hold this position in case of war. Overall, infrastructure needs to be beefed up, so this is a start, but much more has to be down.

These two spots are strategic spots that India has, with control of both spots you could stop all Chinese ships and close down the ocean from the Chinese. since, the Chinese are heavily reliant on exports, this would be the place IN would have to hold this position in case of war. Overall, infrastructure needs to be beefed up, so this is a start, but much more has to be down.

In time my freind, in time...............

Su-35???
MKI would be overkill new upgraded squadron of Darin-3 would suffice.

whatever may be the fighter,but we need one sqd IAF base there too. hey dude i have a doubt. do we really have any IAF bases in A&N island right now or atleast planning for that.

whatever may be the fighter,but we need one sqd IAF base there too. hey dude i have a doubt. do we really have any IAF bases in A&N island right now or atleast planning for that.

No IAF base .. just advanced landing ground maybe :(

Pictures? ICG is commissioning quite a lot of ships in recent times.

Back
Top Bottom