What's new

Cleanliness in Pakistan, as well as its future development - a thread for discussion

PakistaniJunior

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Good morning to the members of this forum, i have been inactive for a very long time on this forum however upon stumbling on a recent thread on here, i feel like certain questions should be applied onto Pakistanis as well.

Cleanliness is a major issue in Pakistan as well, what do you think the reason for that is? Despite being muslims, our attitude towards our environment is not very good.

Some reasons i can think of include Overpopulation in confined regions (big cities with uncontrolled development like Lahore, Karachi, Multan) etc while poor development in rural regions, which means people do not have good waste disposal facilities.

Personally, i think the current big cities with large population density are a lost cause due to the sheer uncontrolled development and the refusal of people to comply to bettering the city conditions.
There is also a huge population Burden on the Punjab provice , which is something i feel should be evenly distributed across the country to solve the problem. I think (and hope) the goverment should try to develop planned cities in the Balochistan province, with strict control on uncontrolled development. This way, i think our cities would look cleaner.

All of this are my scattered thoughts, but i personally think if we are able to do something about our population (their numbers and mentality), most of Pakistan's problems would be solved.

Clean streets are as important as medicine. Should borrow $2 billion and develop waste management aggressively. It would create a lot of jobs too. Should be setting be incineration plants, bin collection, recycling.

We hear no news on this topic so I'm assuming nothing has been done. All I can remember was a Turkish company doing something in Lahore. I don't know why you would need the help of someone else to wipe your own a*s, do this yourselves. Lease the trucks, build the facilities, get people trained and make it happen on a large scale.

The initial clean up alone would cost $1 billion. Its worth the money. More important than a road.

Trash is a huge problem in the subcontinent, cities are filthy.

Pardon the 'outsider perspective'.

Awareness is the first step. People have to realize that it is possible to not live in filth. Mayor has to convey the message, in person.

267852131_1515558385480021_4097239352826145824_n.jpg

Mayor has to make 'surprise rounds' in different Mohullas (even the most backward ones), looking at actual situation on the ground (illegal encroachers, slums and shops setup), carry out demolishing campaigns, and fire ward councilors/commissioners on the spot, if found negligent.

School and college students have been mobilized in Bangladesh under Mayor's leaderships in every city participating in these cleanup activities and spread the word about using plastic packaging recycling strategies. It is a start...

This is Dhaka North,

Some of Dhaka's garbage trucks in better areas are Japanese (Shin Maywa). Benchmarked against Japanese practices of waste collection,
iu

Road sweeper trucks are also used, but only in some areas...these are Chinese
iu

garbage was, is and will remain a municipal issue, expecting CM of provinces and PM of the country to wave a magic wand and make it all go away is wishful thinking at best. the only way to progress, and to make cities livable is to devolve power to local bodies, like its done in developed countries. this attitude of concentration of power into the hands of one man achieves nothing.

Good morning to the members of this forum, i have been inactive for a very long time on this forum however upon stumbling on a recent thread on here, i feel like certain questions should be applied onto Pakistanis as well.

Cleanliness is a major issue in Pakistan as well, what do you think the reason for that is? Despite being muslims, our attitude towards our environment is not very good.

Some reasons i can think of include Overpopulation in confined regions (big cities with uncontrolled development like Lahore, Karachi, Multan) etc while poor development in rural regions, which means people do not have good waste disposal facilities.

Personally, i think the current big cities with large population density are a lost cause due to the sheer uncontrolled development and the refusal of people to comply to bettering the city conditions.
There is also a huge population Burden on the Punjab provice , which is something i feel should be evenly distributed across the country to solve the problem. I think (and hope) the goverment should try to develop planned cities in the Balochistan province, with strict control on uncontrolled development. This way, i think our cities would look cleaner.

All of this are my scattered thoughts, but i personally think if we are able to do something about our population (their numbers and mentality), most of Pakistan's problems would be solved.
If they ask advice.I will tell them bring Pakistanis workers from arab countries. those who used to work for arab city councils. They have good experience to manage baldia. Many of Pakistani working their in arab countries in their city councils. I mean muscat Dubai Qatar. I mean we can have good experienced people to manage things in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom