What's new

Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag

SSGPA1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sehwag called the Bangladeshi cricket team 'an ordinary side':

"Bangladesh are an ordinary side. They can't beat India because they can't take 20 wickets." That was Virender Sehwag's pre-series shooter on Bangladesh on the eve of the first Test in Chittagong.

'Bangladesh are an ordinary side' - Sehwag | Cricket News | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Oh well, that so called ordinary side of Shakib Al Hasan was able to restrict Sehwag's extra ordinary side, on paper, to 213/8 :lol:

I don't know what Sehwag was trying to proof, his lack of class or an abundance of immaturity :disagree:

Now lets look at response from Shakib Al Hasan:

"That's his comments. I can't say anything."

Great response and this is what Shakib said after the first day's play:

Today, he also refused to paint the performance as revenge. "I don't really think we discussed it [Sehwag's statements] at any point. Our main target was to bowl the correct lines and lengths, and we did it. The fielders supported us and though we missed two chances, we bowled well against a good batting side. As I said earlier, they can always mistakes. If we bowl at the right areas, they are bound to make mistakes."

Shakib Al Hasan, a classy player and a gentleman.

The game is not over yet - Tendulkar | Cricket News | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

I wish Bangladesh all the best and I hope that they perform well and show their class.:tup::tup:

^^^^^Thanks bro.

We still have to take Tendulkar's wicket.He is still battling out there.
And Ishant Sharma can also bat good enough to support him.

Still a lot of work left.

Lol.....what can i say!...shakib was grt today and equally grt was shahdat....all hopes on our little master to get us past 250!

Sehwag shouldn't have said that. It just like a rebounding curse

Well he is as he is, a man with very few words :)
Today it was just a bad day at office and nothing more, still 4 more days to go, so not that everything is lost yet. We will bounce back, inshallah.

Well may be
1. we took them a bit lightly,
2. the pitch was a bit slow and shot making was not easy,
3. We made the mistake of playing too many shots too early and
4. last but not least great , disciplined bowling by BD bowlers.

The exact reason why I love test over odi and t20.

Lets see what future has in store for us in this match.

sehwag always thinks he is best but he is nuts and he will remian the pussy cat in the team that is his place he dont respect other team take that booooo goes the strugling sehwag he forgot the time when in 18 innings he just scores 187 runs

i agree with u but u know tat shewag(crazy) he is just like mirror(aggressive)
he will talk wat he likes no matter wat others think

but tat was wrong and his mistake has already let him to his falll may god bless him with good sense nxt time

What was Shahadat Hussein saying when he got the wicket of Dravid. For me its looks like he was saying mot**r fu**er.

Sehwag is a Jat and not very good in diplomacy.

So he said what he feels about the Bangladesh team.Right or wrong time will prove.Games are all about who performs better on the given day.

In terms of class and past performance I agree with what Sehwag has said.

If it fires Bangladesh team ...good for them.

He was playing phycological battle ..thats all..impressive bowling by Bangladesh clearly they didnt fall for Sehwags trap :bounce:

^^ On the other hand, these kind of comments fire up the opponent.

^^ On the other hand, these kind of comments fire up the opponent.

Or may be, he wanted just that :azn:

Dint want to play just another boring series with dipping TRP ;)

Now look, BD team is fired up, India pushed to the wall and we are discussing this series, or else tell me how many would have cared to check the score ( leave aside some die hard fan of test cricket like me)

Now this is why Sehwag termed them as ordinary, from 53/0 to 59/3. Well can happen with anyone ( happened with us earlier) but the point is, it happens with BD team more frequently.

Anyway with the light playing hide and seek I dont have much hope from this match, except soome personal achievements.
1. Tendulkar crossed 13000 marks and 105 n/o
2. 2 BD bowlers bowled fantastic spells and got 5 a piece :)

and those should be intelligent 'very few words'

It doesn't matter who will win the series or the match, Shakib has shown class by smartly handling the situation.

Well, he says what he feels and he does not care much for giving diplomatic statements or being politically correct.

Now put your hand on the heart and tell me, dont you deep within believe this BD team is ordinary? Havent the past told the same thing time and again? But we dont say this because we want to be diplomatic and he does not. Thats the only difference.

Back
Top Bottom